Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwindas View Post
    There is no impact on your actions in the long run
    Why does it need to be?

Before you stop and comment on how there's no permanent impact, you should first act if you need to have a permanent impact, and if you truly feel it does need to be permanent you should then ask if that's something that doesn't get in the way of the overall goal of the game (or other players), and if you still think that doesn't get in the way, then you need to ask if that's reasonable to program on the technical side.

To be fair here - let's consider that your actions in WoW don't have long term impacts any more than your actions in GW2 do. But at least in GW2, the world isn't static. That's the primary advantage here, and the main point behind DEs - not so much that your actions have impact, but that the world goes on... with you, or without. It doesn't revolve around you, after all.

---------- Post added 2012-04-27 at 10:35 AM ----------

Anyways, more on-topic, I found three videos that pertain to this subject:

Notes: The follow-up video is way off in a lot of places. Namely in how he doesn't understand that dungeons also have random loot. He also doesn't understand the each dungeon path will only drop specific item slots, and thus you have to run every path to get the dungeon sets. I didn't pay much attention to it because it rambles wildly all over the place, but it's fueled intensely by misinformation.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-27 at 04:15 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Can't stop laughing

10/10
    Laughing like a town fool then I'd say, since that was no joke.

GW2 and WoW requires the same amount of skill, you and others thinking that GW2 will somehow only promote hardcore gameplay and players are fooling yourselves, surely in order to promote GW2 as well. Anyone with a moderate amount of interest and previous experience won't have a hard time in this game after they have learned what to do and when. Dynamic combat? Yes, but you will be able to figure out how to act. After all, it's just a game...not rocket science or real life action. And Anet wants to beat WoW in terms of players, meaning they'll have to cater to the exact same playerbase, the wide one. Hardcore, casual, skilled, less skilled etc etc.

GW2 does a lot differently from other games, but in the end it's not by default making its players into the proest mmorpg-players around and it's goal is to attract as many players as possible.

And from what I've seen, the community already has a lot of rotten apples in it.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-04-27 at 04:00 PM.

Alright, lets stop the GW2 vs. WoW stuff. Different games are different, and game vs. game discussion isn't allowed (partially for the reason that this thread shows, which is that it almost always gets a bit too heated).