Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I find Morg to be one of the least mana/CDR dependent AP mids...granted, the MR is still nice.

Regardless, this is a badass new item.
    I don't build it currently. But I think the combined item will just mean Morg can stay in lane forever. Sustain from innate Spell Vamp. Massive regen from this item. Additionally, I do like CDR on her. Both her Snare and her Ult benefit from it extremely well and make her that much more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I don't build it currently. But I think the combined item will just mean Morg can stay in lane forever. Sustain from innate Spell Vamp. Massive regen from this item. Additionally, I do like CDR on her. Both her Snare and her Ult benefit from it extremely well and make her that much more dangerous.
    Also this will make all the mid ap heroes less blue buff reliant and able to run teleport instead of ignite or whichever summoner spell you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    Also this will make all the mid ap heroes less blue buff reliant and able to run teleport instead of ignite or whichever summoner spell you want.
    Y'know...I always wanted to try AP mid w/ TP.

Roam topside, try to gank there...then get back to an area w/ no wards and TP bottom to a friendly ward in a bush...BAM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably still take it on Morgana.
    While the item is strong in it's current context I'd question whether to delay RoA for it.

This item sells me on the concept of an early/mid game item the most, which is when I'm usually building/built my RoA. For late game considerations I'd be hard pressed to be interested in changing my hourlgass or Dcap for it. If the games gone longer than that - FULL BUILDS ALL AROUND!! - I'd consider it at this point as I don't really have a 'usual 6th item'.

Edit to add:
    Of my usual mid champs I'd probably lean towards an early game build on it for Heimer.
    Last edited by Liquephyre; 2012-04-26 at 09:18 PM.
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't build RoA on Morgana.

Tend to rush Hourglass and Deathcap. Might pop in a Glacial Shroud if their AD is rampaging about. Next up probably Abyssal Sceptre. Only leaves one slot anyway and don't always get to fill it. 'Sides, by that time RoA is pretty pointless and I don't like rushing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoloft View Post
    I still don't get why Athene got a item named after him. So dumb.

Anyway, the change to Morello's doesn't "kill" Swain, you just need to get a qss and you'll be fine.
    I think i read somewhere at Leaguecraft, that its actually him who ''created'' the item

Deleted
    He's got the referrals needed for this afaik, thats why they make an item for him :x

But honestly, i couldnt care less after whom (or why) they've named this item since it'll open up new build choices around an early chalice which is pretty neat tbh
    Last edited by mmoce8faa0dee2; 2012-04-26 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're missing out on a lot of late game survivability and early/mid game sustainability!! But I don't want to derail this thread too far
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've some found Doran's Rings to work for Sustain for the most part. I like RoA, but ... meh, it's pretty darn expensive and while you get more sustain it doesn't bring you any actual damage for ages.

athenes unholy grail xD ATHENE!

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    The recipe only gives you 30 more AP (20 from Amp Tome and 30 from Fiendish Codex)
    Read again, the mats for the item are one Chalice (zero AP), one Codex (30 AP) and 500g. So it's essentially 50 AP for 500g

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Will be nice on Ziggs.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Read again, the mats for the item are one Chalice (zero AP), one Codex (30 AP) and 500g. So it's essentially 50 AP for 500g
    Which is definitly worth it on any AP.

Too powerful imo :S
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

15+ Year Old Account
    To each their own, I suppose. A rushed catalyst keeps her in lane and you can puddle farm until your 2nd trip back to get RoA.

You don't need much AP to clear a wave w/ 1 puddle. If you rush RoA, you're incredibly beefy when the first team fight goes down.

Dorans delay this waaaayyy too much.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    They only cost you 237 gold (difference between buying and selling), which isn't *that* much.

Deleted
    Can't wait to get this for my AP Shaco. Will help buttloads when blue buff is off.

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Every source I have read has an amp tome in it as well (which makes my post correct):

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...s_Unholy_Grail

One example, though I may be wrong. Though it is an amazing item either way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    Too powerful imo :S
    Don't you mean: TOO STRONK.

Grail's previous name was better.

Anyway, it seems like a pretty viable AP carry item. Chalice is situational at best, so this definitely makes it a whole hell of a lot better.