Deleted

Beta is not release.

Thought I remind about that beta is not finished game, because some people have really unrealistic expectations. You will find bugs, servers will probably crash few times (specially these servers that have some huge player gatherings going on), all features wont be in game yet etc.

See you in beta.

Beta is not beta anymore, it's simply a demo. If it really was all about testing, the starter zones and high level content would be completely unlocked.The game originally intended to have beta testing in 2008. However since the developers knew that people percieved beta as a demo they delayed it until it was a near finished product.

The only use of the beta is stress testing and maybe a few bugs, but it's really not a beta like we experienced in the older days.
    Last edited by Deyadissa; 2012-04-26 at 02:33 PM.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Beta is not beta anymore, it's simply a demo. If it really was all about testing, the starter zones and high level content would be completely unlocked.
    indeed. the closed beta last months had not many bugs,, well, i wasnt in it, but after looking at all GW" videos out there, i cant see anything really

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing to keep in mind:
    -You'll only be able to level to 20, but you'll be able to play max level in PvP.
    -You'll only be able to play Human, Charr, and Norn. Obvious choices, for they are the superior master races of Tyria. (silly Asura, tricks are for kids!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta is not beta anymore, it's simply a demo.
    No, it's still beta. Things are still VERY much in flux.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Beta is not beta anymore, it's simply a demo. If it really was all about testing, the starter zones and high level content would be completely unlocked.The game originally intended to have beta testing in 2008. However since the developers knew that people percieved beta as a demo they delayed it until it was a near finished product.

The only use of the beta is stress testing and maybe a few bugs, but it's really not a beta like we experienced in the older days.
    The game can not have been remotly near to a beta in 2008. That would be pre-alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    -You'll only be able to level to 20, but you'll be able to play max level in PvP.
    I'm pretty sure there is no level restriction, Martin said "You can play your personal story up to level 20"

Theoretically you should be able to get level 80, but I doubt that's attainable in 60 hours and when most high level zones are not available.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is no level restriction, Martin said "You can play your personal story up to level 20"

Theoretically you should be able to get level 80, but I doubt that's attainable in 60 hours and when most high level zones are not available.
    Thing is, you don't even need higher level zones since they scale. And I'm certain some nutter will make it to level 80 just because.

Does it really matter? If you are in the beta this weekend you have already bought the game. Though luck if you dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    -You'll only be able to play Human, Charr, and Norn. Obvious choices, for they are the superior master races of Tyria. (silly Asura, tricks are for kids!)
    Yes, but you can level up to level 30, however you can only complete your own story up to level 20. How else do you expect to the catacombs?

Deleted

Pretty much this.

We are not restricted to level 20, but if we level entirely through personal story, we will end up around level 20, because they don't want to spoil the whole personal story in a beta. You will be able to level to 80 with the personal story when the game is finished.

Other than that, we can try to level as high we possible can.

I'm pretty sure there will be a level cap, although I agree probably higher than 20. Maybe the 35ish or whatever it was the last press beta. At very least there won't be any zones appropriate for any higher really, as they said only LA will be a new area (although it might be the only new area worth mentioning).

Also I know you are scaled down to the level zone, but most item rewards are not scaled; ie you won't get better armor as much but will still get xp. Atleast going from something totalbiscut said in one of his videos; could have changed some or no t been explained the best at the time.

10+ Year Old Account

Well of course we're not restricted to level 20, we can go into the Mists.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think of it like this. Many people who pre-purchased can still get out of it. We don't own the game yet. Basically what they're doing is allowing us to see their current product before we have it unreturnably in our hands.

In other words, they feel it's going to impress the hell out of us. Confident, even. I'm not worried.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Yes, but you can level up to level 30, however you can only complete your own story up to level 20. How else do you expect to the catacombs?
    You can level up to 80, but only the 25 level zones are unlocked. It is possible to farm up to level 80 on low level events, as the XP you get scales to your level, and your power scales down to zone level.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Thing is, you don't even need higher level zones since they scale. And I'm certain some nutter will make it to level 80 just because.
    Right, but the rewards will be less than they would be in higher level zones, significantly slowing your progess as your rise in levels. Hence the "theoretically" and disclaimer.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Well of course we're not restricted to level 20, we can go into the Mists.
    Of course, but talking about actual leveling and not being boosted in the Mists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that "Beta" is not "Gold." However, Beta isn't "Beta" anymore either. Its become as much, if not more, a part of the marketing as it is part of the testing nowadays.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I agree that "Beta" is not "Gold." However, Beta isn't "Beta" anymore either. Its become as much, if not more, a part of the marketing as it is part of the testing nowadays.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwar...ife_cycle#Beta

It's still beta.

Beta (named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet) is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete.
    The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing.
    It's possible you could call these "release candidates" but as the development company is still officially calling it beta, we're not there.

Deleted

Demo come after game is finished. Even though some players perceive beta as demo doesn't change that it's still beta.

Deleted
    Does it feel finished? Do we have a fixed release date?

Beta is beta... No it's not a demo and yes they are still working on it.

From FB stream:
    "Everyone, our development team is working very hard on various issues right now. We know it's frustrating -- we promise you we don't like it either! ;-) This is the un-fun part of beginning such a large Beta Weekend Event for the first time, and we're thankful to each of you for helping us find and fix even these issues.

If you're having a login, connection, or gameplay problem check our game bugs forum to see if others are having it and what's going on with it. We want all of you in Tyria as soon as possible and again, our devs are working as hard as they can to make it happen for you. So many of you have hung in there and showed great patience, and we thank you for that too. "

When all that is said, im running the game on ultra on a HD4870. 8GB ram, 2x128 m4 crucial SSD and a 620x amd processor, and getting playable framerates.

In wow i can't even turn on shadows.