10m Heroic Madness

Ok, I don't play a prot paladin, but how does one take the impales on madness?
    Last edited by Krunklock; 2012-04-26 at 11:59 PM.

Guardian of Ancient Kings - takes 50% of the dmg. (3m cd on prot spec.)
    Ardent Defender - a 20% dmg reduction that also prevents you from dying. (3m cd)

remember to use dream on the first platform.
    Last edited by vasser; 2012-04-26 at 11:29 PM.

A prot pally is a great class for this fight. You can use your green button on the first island, pop all of your CDs on the second, bubble yourself AND the OT if there is one on the third, and have all CDs up for fourth. The bubble is a great resource but if one tanking you need a plate wearer to taunt the corruption for the duration of your bubble until you can click it off and retaunt. My main through DS was a pally tank and with how useful they are in this fight you can actually use the LFR platform order assuming you have 4 set and DG for the third and fourth islands bolt, makin the run faster with less blistering tentacles to single target Down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandragon View Post
    bubble yourself AND the OT if there is one on the third
    He/she said heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by vasser View Post
    Ardent Defender - a 20% dmg reduction that also prevents you from dying. (3m cd).
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandragon View Post
    bubble yourself AND the OT if there is one on the third
    Both of these people are uninformed. Unlike normal mode, impale WILL pierce immunites and effects that prevent a killing blow. Divine Shield and Hand of Protection do NOT work on impales, and Ardent Defender only works for the 20% damage reduction.

I'd highly recommend this trinket: http://www.wowhead.com/item=68996/stay-of-execution
    Despite the wording of the trinket, it will absorb a full 20% of every hit taken until the cap is reached. So, if you pop it right before the impale finishes casting, it will absorb a full 20% of the impale damage, and the cooldown is short enough to be used for every impale you have to take.

That said, our prot paladin's cooldown usage looks like this (25 man):
    1st Platform Impale: DP + SoE + Dream
    2nd Platform Impale: DP + SoE + GoAK
    3rd Platform Impale: DP + SoE + AD + HoS + PS
    4th Platform Impale: DP + SoE + GoAK

DP = Divine Protection (UNGLYPHED)
    SoE = Stay of Execution
    AD = Ardent Defender
    HoS = Hand of Sacrifice (External)
    PS = Pain Suppression (External)

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    It's rather simple, but it might be a little bit tricky on the 3rd if you don't have a disc priest or another paladin in your group.

1st: DP+Dream
    2nd: DP+GoAK
    3rd: DP+AD+PS/Sacrifice
    4th: DP+GoAK

Quote Originally Posted by Krunklock View Post
    Ok, I don't play a prot paladin, but how does one take the impales on madness?
    What class is the other tank or is the Paladin solo tanking?
    Do you have a Pain Suppression available?

If you have a Disc Priest then it's really easy:
    2nd Platform:
    Both tanks use their Shield Wall abilities and other short CDs (Barkskin, Divine Protection, Vamp Blood)

3rd Platform:
    The tank that took the 2nd Impale on the previous platform gets a Pain Sup and uses their short CDs
    Other tank should have their Shield Wall back up for the 2nd impale

4th Platform:
    Tank that got the Pain Sup on 3rd platform should have their Shield Wall back up for 1st Impale
    For 2nd Impale the other tank gets a Pain Sup and uses their short CDs

If the other tank is a Warrior have them spec Safeguard for the extra 20% after Intervene.
    The Paladin can also use Hand of Sac/Divine Guardian for the other tank as well as a CD since usually it's not needed at any other point in the fight (can actually line up Divine Guardian for both the Impale and Bolt on last platform if necessary).

Deleted
    This is weird though. I'm a retradin, and there was this one time when I was retarded in second platform and I didn't get far away enough from the mutated. We have a rogue vanishing (or w/e he does) the second impale. Well, since I was stupid, I Was closer than the rogue. I got the impale debuff, I simply bubbled and I didn't get hit.

Possible bug? Or does Divine shield work now?

This was about 2 weeks ago, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessice View Post
    This is weird though. I'm a retradin, and there was this one time when I was retarded in second platform and I didn't get far away enough from the mutated. We have a rogue vanishing (or w/e he does) the second impale. Well, since I was stupid, I Was closer than the rogue. I got the impale debuff, I simply bubbled and I didn't get hit.

Possible bug? Or does Divine shield work now?

This was about 2 weeks ago, by the way.
    I went through all the Madness logs you took part in and couldn't find any time you got the debuff:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7870&e=8731
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=56173
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...s=9524&e=10376

Mainly just your DK, Mage and Rogue doing Impales (Druid did once and died)