Question Been playing Heart Gold & Fire Red - Not what I expected / I am disappoint :(

So I really liked the originals, I thought these would be really good. For the most part they are. Settle things about them just bothered me and I had to put them down and I am currently looking for batteries to play my Crystal Version.

Things that bothered me:
    - Sevii Islands
    - New Johto Safari Zone
    - New pokemon, these scare and confuse me
    - Undecided if I like the new attacks/ moves.
    - Effort Values are different used to be based on base stats now there something confusing.
    - Revised Johto dex, with new pokemon. However it only includes some of the new evolutions / pre evo's, a little inconsistent. I mean if you're gonna add these new ones mine as well add them all, not got some. All or nothing type of guy - personally would have preferred nothing.
    - Moving moltres to sevii islands

I was some what expecting the exact same game just with better graphics, maybe like double battles.

Was any one else bothered by the fact that the remake wasn't true to the originals? Well Fire Red wasn't too bad up until you get the national dex.

This just me?

The games have evolved. For the better. The formula's exactly the same, but the gameplay is a lot better.

I'm not sure what the problem with new areas and attacks is. The more content the better. And if you don't like the new Pokemon, don't use them. HG/SS barely have any new Pokemon, until you get the National Dex maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    The games have evolved. For the better. The formula's exactly the same, but the gameplay is a lot better.

I'm not sure what the problem with new areas and attacks is. The more content the better. And if you don't like the new Pokemon, don't use them. HG/SS barely have any new Pokemon, until you get the National Dex maybe.
    Doesn't really feel like a true "remake", if you add more content to a game you've just made a different game that's very similar to another one. Although I suppose I have a very purest perspective. Personally I shun all new Pokemon, pretty much anything after Gameboy colour or N64 doesn't call to me. (When it comes to pokemon). I duno I think the game just wasn't exactly what I expected, felt kind of deceived. It wasn't a remake for people who played the originals it was a remake for people who never played the originals. I guess I should have looked into it more before buying it second hand.

I'm sure evolution and etc is great for the new generations. Just as someone trying to relive an improved version of their childhood it didn't supplement that urge. As I said in the OP i'm currently restarting crystal version and do not plan on using the newer versions.

I'm not sure if it was intended to be a true remake. I believe they kept true to the stories, and the general flow to the gameplay, but other than that it's almost entirely different.

And besides, the amount of rage bugsy produces now more than makes up for the changes

Deleted
    Agreed it wasn't really a remake, more like a throwback to it's roots with some new stuff sprinkled over the top.

And of course a shameless cashcow to make people pay for a game franchise that will eternally make you buy and complete two versions of the same game to get the whole content you desire. But what the hell, I'll still be buying it all when they are onto Mustard Yellow Extreme Legends 5, they know it, I know it. I like my poison.

I think you're confused EVs with IVs, OP.

I myself hate the Sevii Islands scenario too in Leaf Green/Fire Red, didn't feel right. Also, the inclusion of harder versions of the Elite Four wasn't handled very well in neither of the games imo, especially not in the Gen 1 remakes.

I do prefer Heart Gold over the original version of the game, I only dislike the fact that Suicune isn't roaming wild like Entei and Raikou, it wasn't supposed to be a remake of Crystal. There's some useless additions like the Safari and that sports even thing which does nothing at all, but overall I really like Heart Gold. Leaf Green is also good, but there's multiple additions to it that I don't really like.