Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    This is why there's a large countdown on guildwars2.com, and not a large set time. 11 hours left in Seattle means there's 11 hours left in Germany, Singapore, Australia and western Russia as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baaltheron View Post
    11 hours to go on the clock at guildwars2.com That'll finish at about 8PM GMT. Uhm, what?
    Why are you confused? 8PM GMT is still friday, is it not? It would be more confusing if you live in asia where the timezone would put you on Saturday.

But as everyone else mentioned, everything is from GMT-7 timezone because ArenaNet is located in that timezone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    I live in western australia...its 3am saturday morning ( friday night ) start and finishes 3pm on monday afternoon.
    Sucks ass hey, I'm taking Monday off Uni so i can actually get some decent play time out of the so called "Weekend" beta

So it's their time, meaning I still have to wait the amount of time it'll take to be the correct time in their time. What a rip, I thought I'd be able to play it on firday (TODAY) like EVERYONE said. Funny I never seen any UK players mention it at 8pm.
    You really thought that a MMO would have its servers opened up based on each persons local time? That would be some really interesting coding to have a world wide MMO refuse certine people because of their local time zone, and would be highly unfriendly to the concept of being a MMO since basically 23 hours of the 60 hours it is live would be refusing people to play because of where they live which means if you live in the starting or ending time zones you get shafted the most of how many people you play with.

I am guessing you forgot that a game released in such a large span of timezones that is a MMO and not a single player game would have their access time based on one time zone and not local time zones? No offense but that kinda seems like it should have been obvious.

Deleted
    I thought we were getting a decent deal TBH - enough time to get home from work, buy supplies for the weekend etc etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxroth View Post
    You don't even want to know, when it starts in Finland.. I would change to 8pm anytime! xD
    22.00 /10pm isn't so bad.

11 hours to go on the clock at guildwars2.com That'll finish at about 8PM GMT. Uhm, what?
    America does not use METRIC TIME!!!!!!

How hard is that to understand? Really?!
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post

Cause that's a thing. Damn metric time.

so... when beta starts, what time is it in switzerland?

Interesting that people today are still surprised that the earth is an ellipsoid sphere with different time zones... Here the Beta starts 9 pm...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

in the netherlands its 21:00 TONIGHT(Friday the 27th), UK is -1 hours for us, so that would be 20:00 TONIGHT(Friday the 27th)

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else have "The Final Countdown" song stuck in their head?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by megrim View Post
    I'm in CST US it will be 2 PM Friday. Im not sure what GMT is exactly but I guess it's possible it's Saturday depending on where you live.
    You don't know where GMT is?

It's Greenwich Mean Time...It's where TIME is MADE!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich_Mean_Time

party time is around 5 or 6am for us here in Brisvegas. Gonna wake up early and vote later on in the day probably, or rather, when my housemate decides to vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    Anyone else have "The Final Countdown" song stuck in their head?
    Now I do............thanks ><

So it's their time, meaning I still have to wait the amount of time it'll take to be the correct time in their time. What a rip, I thought I'd be able to play it on firday (TODAY) like EVERYONE said. Funny I never seen any UK players mention it at 8pm.
    look out little chicken.. the sky might fall on you.

but seriously... you thought they'd have seperate times for EU and NA? on a beta weekend? Just because Friday for you happens six hours before Friday happens for me does not mean you're special, just means you have to wait your turn. Now no more QQ out of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its very annoying indeed they say Friday when its not friday in every region :P

Here its getting unlocked 9pm... Where I'm off to see my GF.

Guess what. The game is locked again sundat at 9PM... Where im heading home from my GF.

Yay.

I hate that devs are thinking that all their players has no life and thats why they head it into the Weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post

Even I understand that GMT = Great Metric Time

On topic:
    I don't think I've ever seen so much whine in my whole life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

Guess what. The game is locked again monday at 9AM... Where im heading home from my GF.

Yay.

I hate that devs are thinking that all their players has no life and thats why they head it into the Weekends.
    Slight correction there.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...0430T00&p1=137

Also, it's no less Friday at Friday 9PM than it is at Friday 1PM.
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-04-27 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

Guess what. The game is locked again sundat at 9PM... Where im heading home from my GF.

Yay.

If they thought their players had no life they would put it on during the week...
    Having it at the weekend means people will be off from work, 9pm suddenly isn't Friday?
    Expecting a company to arrange a beta weekend around your social life is silly.