Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Am I missing something? So it's basically Saturday not Friday...

11 hours to go on the clock at guildwars2.com That'll finish at about 8PM GMT. Uhm, what?

It's Friday in America...where they're located...

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in western australia...its 3am saturday morning ( friday night ) start and finishes 3pm on monday afternoon.

Deleted
    That makes sense but throughout my entire life I don't recall ever seeing a timer on a site and having it be wrong, shouldn't it be internally set to your own time or something?

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It's Friday in America...where they're located...
    DON'T YOU BRING THAT LOGIC IN HURR!
    But yes, it's friday their time, saying "starting friday here, here, here, saturday here, friday here, next thursday here for some reason" would be confusing, that is why there is a big ol' timer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    DON'T YOU BRING THAT LOGIC IN HURR!
    But yes, it's friday their time, saying "starting friday here, here, here, saturday here, friday here, next thursday here for some reason" would be confusing, that is why there is a big ol' timer.
    So it IS 8PM Friday GMT...ugh, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Baaltheron View Post
    That makes sense but throughout my entire life I don't recall ever seeing a timer on a site and having it be wrong, shouldn't it be internally set to your own time or something?
    The timer isn't wrong unless your system time is wrong, the BWE starts in 11hours 25minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No... it's set to Seattle time, where they are based...

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/ Front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in CST US it will be 2 PM Friday. Im not sure what GMT is exactly but I guess it's possible it's Saturday depending on where you live.

Same story as D3 ... it can be friday-sunday or saturday-monday for you depending on your region.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    So it's their time, meaning I still have to wait the amount of time it'll take to be the correct time in their time. What a rip, I thought I'd be able to play it on firday (TODAY) like EVERYONE said. Funny I never seen any UK players mention it at 8pm.

So it's their time, meaning I still have to wait the amount of time it'll take to be the correct time in their time. What a rip, I thought I'd be able to play it on firday (TODAY) like EVERYONE said. Funny I never seen any UK players mention it at 8pm.
    Staggering the time so that some players got to play 8hours earlier than other players would also be seen as a 'rip'.
    They set one global time, and that is when it starts. Time zones exist, game is made outside of your time zone, not much can be done.
    Look at it this way, you'll be able to play it 8hours into monday your time? I don't know. Not like you actually get to play less. Mountain out of a molehill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you thought it would be in your time.

15+ Year Old Account
    So getting to play at 8pm/20:00 Friday (TODAY) isn't playing Friday to you?

You do understand that the beta will not be shorter for you then anyone else right? Instead of it ending midnight on Sunday like it does in the US it will end at 8am Monday morning for you in the UK (will end at 9am for me in Sweden).

10+ Year Old Account
    You are getting to play today, at 9pm CET. I don't see the problem. You can hardly blame a US based company for starting events by their own timezone. Makes perfect sense to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't even want to know, when it starts in Finland.. I would change to 8pm anytime! xD
    What is born each night? And dies each dawn?~
    What is so delicate, that when you say its name, it is broken?~

I think the OP wanted to play it at 12:00, HIS time. Meaning 8 hours earlier than Americans.

Sorry but the world isn't centered around you. And I think you should be happy to play at 8PM, which is a much better time than 12:00 on a weekday, considering people has school / work to go to in the US and we don't.

Just so ppl understand ... ehm, the length of beta remains unchanged regardless of your time zome.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    It doesn't have to change per your location as the event will start for everyone at the same time. Not same time as in 8pm/noon/3am or whatever; as in when the countdown get's to 0 we all get in no matter what country.

Time is relative, yo.
    Ofc, you could pay a pilot to fly you back to another timezone...shame concord doesn't fly anymore really..