Critiques? please?

Blood DK here, just looking to improve, not really anything wrong, just want to know if i'm doing something wrong that i don't realize, i know that different people always see things differently so maybe i'm missing something that i don't realize, thanks in advance

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...igawa/advanced

You're missing a +20 parry socket bonus - assuming this is because you'd be gemming half parry for a parry socket bonus. Is this intentional?
    You have a non-epic puissant gem - assuming this is because it's a 384. Is this intentional?
    What other trinkets do you have access to? I wouldn't suggest using the dodge trinket by default. Reforge your Stay of Execution to Mastery.
    If you don't find yourself using Lichborne, don't feel required to keep it. If you do use it, glyph the DC Prime glyph. Check your logs and remove which of the three other glyphs would lower your damage the least. I would highly suggest glyphing AMS and Path of Frost.
    Your Skullstealer Greataxe will probably provide more damage reduction than your current weapon. Expertise gives very little mitigation. Haste gives you more runes.
    I'd highly suggest working on at least a heroic Morchok kill. It's a very easy heroic boss, and you have 4 Deathwing kills under your belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wih View Post
    You're missing a +20 parry socket bonus - assuming this is because you'd be gemming half parry for a parry socket bonus. Is this intentional?
    You have a non-epic puissant gem - assuming this is because it's a 384. Is this intentional?
    What other trinkets do you have access to? I wouldn't suggest using the dodge trinket by default. Reforge your Stay of Execution to Mastery.
    If you don't find yourself using Lichborne, don't feel required to keep it. If you do use it, glyph the DC Prime glyph. Check your logs and remove which of the three other glyphs would lower your damage the least. I would highly suggest glyphing AMS and Path of Frost.
    Your Skullstealer Greataxe will probably provide more damage reduction than your current weapon. Expertise gives very little mitigation. Haste gives you more runes.
    I'd highly suggest working on at least a heroic Morchok kill. It's a very easy heroic boss, and you have 4 Deathwing kills under your belt.
    The socket bonus was not intentional, they were the only gems i had on me at the time, but i do have the gems to correct that now, and yes, i don't gem anything under 397 with epics. I have access to Stay of Execution, RF Indomitable Pride, passed up on a SS vortex. That's a good point on the greataxe, i think i'll try that out this week. we're working on H Morchok, just had some coordination issues last week.

Quote Originally Posted by deadmanwalkin07 View Post
    The socket bonus was not intentional, they were the only gems i had on me at the time, but i do have the gems to correct that now, and yes, i don't gem anything under 397 with epics. I have access to Stay of Execution, RF Indomitable Pride, passed up on a SS vortex. That's a good point on the greataxe, i think i'll try that out this week. we're working on H Morchok, just had some coordination issues last week.
    I'd personally use the stam trinket over the avoidance trinket for a generic setup, but you may prefer to run double mastery trinkets, or mastery + stay (for the additional cooldown); depends on how well you use your cooldowns.
    Try to have 2 stamina and 2 mastery trinkets to choose between at a minimum, in addition to Stay of Execution. Get Mirror.
    Some fights favour specific trinkets. If you can get a Heroic Firelands run, getting Heroic Spindle is nice as a second Mastery trinket in fights where Mirror's use effect isn't useful, or where the proc is (such as Heroic Hagara). Stay of Execution is great on Madness. Heroic Scales of Life (if you can somehow get a firestone) is good for Heroic Yorsajh.

EDIT: Also, dont be afraid to use dps trinkets on farm content, or where you need to have higher DPS numbers to pass progression content. BLF is great if you can get it as it scales with AP (ie vengeance).
    Last edited by Wih; 2012-04-27 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wih View Post
    I'd personally use the stam trinket over the avoidance trinket for a generic setup, but you may prefer to run double mastery trinkets, or mastery + stay (for the additional cooldown); depends on how well you use your cooldowns.
    Try to have 2 stamina and 2 mastery trinkets to choose between at a minimum, in addition to Stay of Execution. Get Mirror.
    Some fights favour specific trinkets. If you can get a Heroic Firelands run, getting Heroic Spindle is nice as a second Mastery trinket in fights where Mirror's use effect isn't useful, or where the proc is (such as Heroic Hagara). Stay of Execution is great on Madness. Heroic Scales of Life (if you can somehow get a firestone) is good for Heroic Yorsajh.

EDIT: Also, dont be afraid to use dps trinkets on farm content, or where you need to have higher DPS numbers to pass progression content. BLF is great if you can get it as it scales with AP (ie vengeance).
    i started playing in BC, so i was always taught that avoidance, not stam, brought you through fights, and i've generally believed this ever since, so i've had the tendency to stay away from any trinket with stam on it. Though my one exception has been my RF Indomitable pride for the shield on madness, but i'm going to use Stay from now on. i'm definitely going to look into getting spindle since i have a FL group that runs every week that will soon have 3 sets of legendaries in it, haha. just a question though, is it that there is just not enough benefit to running resolve of the undying a long with FotD? i suppose the mastery spindle would be more useful?

Quote Originally Posted by deadmanwalkin07 View Post
    i started playing in BC, so i was always taught that avoidance, not stam, brought you through fights, and i've generally believed this ever since, so i've had the tendency to stay away from any trinket with stam on it. Though my one exception has been my RF Indomitable pride for the shield on madness, but i'm going to use Stay from now on. i'm definitely going to look into getting spindle since i have a FL group that runs every week that will soon have 3 sets of legendaries in it, haha. just a question though, is it that there is just not enough benefit to running resolve of the undying a long with FotD? i suppose the mastery spindle would be more useful?
    The purpose of Avoidance and Mastery is to lower your total damage taken. Most of the things that kill tanks aren't total damage taken over the fight, but a larger amount than normal taken in a short window of time (think on Blackhorn or Zon'ozz, getting hit by a two melee swings with a shout or psychic blast inbetween, and not having a DS up for any of it). Once you have enough mitigation (avoidance or mastery) to lower your total damage taken to a reasonable level, having more doesn't lower your deaths from spikiness any more than the % chance of avoidance kicking in etc. Having more stamina has a tangible effect on your survival from spikiness.
    However, this doesn't mean on every fight you'd use Stam trinkets. I eschew them on Hagara for double mastery (Fire + HSpindle), whereas on Blackhorn I run with double stamina trinkets (when I'm not using a DPS trinket to ease phase 1).

Getting your hands on Heroic Spindle would be my suggestion. Especially if you're doing staff runs, heroic bosses speed that up a lot...my guild's 10 man group has 4 staffs, all from 10 man. Trust me, get them to do as many heroic bosses as they can in there. 5/8 isn't too much of a push with the nerfs there, and your increased gear.

Resolve of the Undying is a good trinket at reducing damage taken overall. Your gear has however shown a favour towards Mastery over Avoidance, so the assumption is you're stacking Mastery, so that's a tick against Resolve. You can't choose when Avoidance comes into play, but you can choose when Mastery comes into play. Also, it has no secondary use, like most other trinkets.
    In cases where you don't need the cooldown from Stay, and you want to run with 2 mitigation trinkets, then RotU + Fire is a perfectly fine combination, especially on fights that favour avoidance. I'd just suggest that not every fight requires two mitigation trinkets, and even if it does you may find that the secondary uses of Mirror or Spindle were more favourable in the fight for you, on top of Mastery being your preferred stat over Avoidance.