Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what they should do, instead? Remove the regular PvP trinket and make "Every Man For Himself/Herself" baseline for everyone. Then give Humans a new racial.

This would also make it easier for players to get into PvP, so it is a win-win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    And how is this any different from a year or 2 ago when everyone was undead for Will of the Forsaken?
    It's not quite as bad. It's nowhere near as bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rektlol, showing a picture of the top 16 teams being ally doesn't say too much. As a counterpart, check out Cyclone-EU BG. The first 20 teams are horde - it must be because there are no humans playing on the BG at all I s'pose.

Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    More choice of diff trinkets is just good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Rektlol, showing a picture of the top 16 teams being ally doesn't say too much. As a counterpart, check out Cyclone-EU BG. The first 20 teams are horde - it must be because there are no humans playing on the BG at all I s'pose.
    For some reason EU has stayed horde. This is probably because hydra etc have stayed horde as oppose to all the top PvPers US swapping to Ally for better racials.
    this game sucks

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    For some reason EU has stayed horde. This is probably because hydra etc have stayed horde as oppose to all the top PvPers US swapping to Ally for better racials.
    You really need to improve your reasoning skills as a human being.

They really should just scrap this racial and make some sort of damage racial, their racial is still gonna equal a trinket which i'm pretty sure is better than every other racial come mop.

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    You really need to improve your reasoning skills as a human being.
    HAHA, are you serious? Everyone follows the top PvPers around. It's the same reason Reckful etc moved to Tich and BAM Tich is the new blackrock.
    this game sucks

If you guys check the post that Blizz made, it clearly says they are looking at changing the PVP trinkets to make them competitive with the PVE ones. Not that they are considering changing the human racial.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...461?page=8#145

HAHA, are you serious? Everyone follows the top PvPers around. It's the same reason Reckful etc moved to Tich and BAM Tich is the new blackrock.
    I still insist on what I said earlier. (Or there is a problem with words and their meanings. "Everyone" doesn't mean probably 10% of a crowd.)

I still insist on what I said earlier. (Or there is a problem with words and their meanings. "Everyone" doesn't mean probably 10% of a crowd.)
    Everyone = 95% of high rated PvPers = Reason why ladders are so ally favoured at high ratings. (Obviously with outliers, but I really hope I don't have to explain that to you
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    As a horde player, I would love it. I hate how Humans get a little advantage when it comes to PvP. They have their racial that is the trinket so they have the free space to invest in something much better. They nerfed the Undead racial, so why not humans?
    Time is the greatest teacher, but unfortunately, it ends up killing all of its students.

Of course it is. But look at this:

Top 16 teams on Vengeance. All ally. No, you're right. Human's not that bad.
    Well, with the changes to pvp items, the human racial will lose a lot of appeal. If Blizzard gets it done to add enough trinkets with the EMfH effect, plus those without the effect, the bonus of human will be that they can take 2 trinkets and prolly gain a str/agi/int proc over the other races. And that is not op anymore, compared to various other racials.

PvE trinkets should not be appealing for pvp anymore. That's blizzard's goal at least. And who really gives a shit about cata anymore? If I meet a season 11 gladiator in mop, I won't give a damn about his title. The game is dead right now. PvE and PvP just suck.

Everyone = 95% of high rated PvPers = Reason why ladders are so ally favoured at high ratings. (Obviously with outliers, but I really hope I don't have to explain that to you
    If you said "high rated" before, then I didn't see it, sorry. But even then, I strongly disagree that EU stayed Horde because Hydra stayed so.
    The magic is all in the realm and battlegroup as in when you check the ladders of, say, Cyclone BG-EU, you will see it is flooded by Horde where as, say, Misery BG-EU is all allies.

Mind you, I'm not saying lots of players are not human.

The flaw in that 1 trinket slot vs human racial lies within resillience. If classes can easily overlook at 484 resillience then that means they are slightly more durable than they should be E.G. rogues(don't get stuck at rogue part, it is just an example) with all their passive and active defensive abilities + their control.
    In case of using the "on-proc" trinket, it isn't really much different than having "on-demand" orc racial.

If what people are on about is that all races should have 1 kind of racial(1 kind as in either offensive or defensive) then I hope that never happens. For example nelf racials are so good at defense. 2% miss chance, however it sounds too low, is a great deal since people are exactly at hit caps for level85 targets. With +2% miss chance, there is a great chance of having your enemy miss important stuff on you. Shadowmeld gives you a chance to confuse your enemy or evade that 1 spell that is being cast on you and this even can be used as an offensive ability for rogue/ferals.
    But since defense can easily be overlooked by most classes, all of those go to waste and human racial gets to be the star.

Saying it again, it is not human racial that is unbalanced. It is the unbalanced offense/defense relation. Most classes don't need the 1 slot resillience amount whereas some need more than a character can have at most.
    Last edited by Angy; 2012-04-29 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard succeeds at their plan, MoP will be the end of the 'human is OP'. All they have to do is make the PvP trinkets too good not to get two and then the proc/on use ability about the same strength as the offensive racial abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

They already changed PVP trinkets in MOP so the on-use and proc effects are not as much of the stat budget. All pvp trinkets have a flat stat and they didn't increase the on-use or proc effect stats at all compared to the cataclysmic pvp trinkets we have right now.

If you said "high rated" before, then I didn't see it, sorry. But even then, I strongly disagree that EU stayed Horde because Hydra stayed so.
    The magic is all in the realm and battlegroup as in when you check the ladders of, say, Cyclone BG-EU, you will see it is flooded by Horde where as, say, Misery BG-EU is all allies.

Mind you, I'm not saying lots of players are not human.

The flaw in that 1 trinket slot vs human racial lies within resillience. If classes can easily overlook at 484 resillience then that means they are slightly more durable than they should be E.G. rogues(don't get stuck at rogue part, it is just an example) with all their passive and active defensive abilities + their control.
    In case of using the "on-proc" trinket, it isn't really much different than having "on-demand" orc racial.

If what people are on about is that all races should have 1 kind of racial(1 kind as in either offensive or defensive) then I hope that never happens. For example nelf racials are so good at defense. 2% miss chance, however it sounds too low, is a great deal since people are exactly at hit caps for level85 targets. With +2% miss chance, there is a great chance of having your enemy miss important stuff on you. Shadowmeld gives you a chance to confuse your enemy or evade that 1 spell that is being cast on you and this even can be used as an offensive ability for rogue/ferals.
    But since defense can easily be overlooked by most classes, all of those go to waste and human racial gets to be the star.

Saying it again, it is not human racial that is unbalanced. It is the unbalanced offense/defense relation. Most classes don't need the 1 slot resillience amount whereas some need more than a character can have at most.
    I didn't say 'high rated' before I just meant it because when talking about arena I assume the 1200 players don't really count :P

The only reason human racial is imbalanced is because of stupid PvE trinkets. I did some duels as 'pseudo-human' on my horde mage. This means I had 2 damage trinkets (gladiators badge + foul gift). When foul gift procc'd and I popped badge my damage would go up up 7-8k as oppose to just 3-4k with gift. It's double as effective, and when something is double as effective it's completely imbalanced.
    this game sucks

Deleted
    Just had my morning coffee and wondered if EMFH is short for Everyone Moved From Horde?

They're taking a step in the right direction.

Right now humans without PvE trinkets are fairly balanced. They get a little extra damage (in case of proc and on-use) or a bit more burst healing (with on-use trinket and most healers use battlemaster)

They lose out on some of the other racials like blood fury, torrent etc etc

Making pvp trinkets more desirable in pvp well... it's about time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It's as simple as giving humans a new racial (which I know Blizzard can do at the drop of a hat) and giving the pvp trinket "racial" ability to EVERYONE.

Voila, another step towards balancing low level PvP while not having this discrepancy any more at max level.

Yes please. Anyone else think it actually goes against Blizzard's game design that everyone is required to use the same piece of gear?