Need an Answer ASAP!

Like all of you i am stoked for the gw2 beta this weekend. I have nit had enough money to pre order until this morning. I went to the pre order site and it was SOLD OUT so i went to BestBuy.com and pre ordered there. It said that i would get the access to the betas and the headstart and all but i havent received and email. It showed me where to download and all that but i dont need that all i want is my beta key. So do i have to sign up somewhere or do i just have to wait for an email? Need answers ASAP!

Deleted
    Did you preorder or prepurchase? There's a difference.

It also depends on what version you bought I think e.g. digital or standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Exactly, we need some conformation on what you actually got.

Anyway this is the process.

1. Get the pre-purchase code
    2. enter that on the Guild Wars 2 site
    3. Create account etc
    4. Download link will come in a separate e-mail

Deleted
    you need a code that comes with a pre-purchase box, that code you can then redeem to be eligible for beta events. Without that....well, chances are slim

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Pre purchase from best buy

10+ Year Old Account
    preorder itself doesn't give you BWE access, only pre-purchase. However, if you got the mail with directions on how to download it, you're fine. You don't get a real beta key, just your prepurchase key which you used to make your account. try installing the client and logging in, it should say sthing among the lines of.

"Your account is all set but no beta event is currently happening bla bla bla"
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IMonstrousI View Post
    Okay, as i am in the UK we got a box with out pre purchase but the US got the code on the receipt when you buy it. Find that code and jump on

register.guildwars2.com

I know for Zavvi.com they mailed me (not email) the pre purchase box that had the code in it. I then used that to register. I don't know what bestbuy's procedures are, but if it's the standard edition and not the digital version then yh, u may be out of luck.....

...read the instructions on the bestbuy website.

No code, no beta...some reason my buddy pre-purchased at GameStop his receipt didn't have a code or anything, maybe a screw up on GS side, or he wasn't lucky...

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I know for Zavvi.com they mailed me (not email) the pre purchase box that had the code in it. I then used that to register. I don't know what bestbuy's procedures are, but if it's the standard edition and not the digital version then yh, u may be out of luck.....

...read the instructions on the bestbuy website.
    Its the digital version but all i got from them was like "your purchase has been confirmed" it did give me instructions on how to download but i already have the client.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the digital version but all i got from them was like "your purchase has been confirmed" it did give me instructions on how to download but i already have the client.
    So you have the client, what about a Guild Wars 2 account ? if you have both of these then you are good to go

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    So you have the client, what about a Guild Wars 2 account ? if you have both of these then you are good to go
    I need the serial code to create the account which i have not recieved, im downloading the best buy install app or something so maybe that will help.

10+ Year Old Account
    The should of sent you a serial number which you then use at https://register.guildwars2.com to create an account.
    If they didn't send you a serial number, harass them for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the bestbuy app works anything like the gamestop app, then you right click the game in the app and hit "View Product Code" or something like that.

I guess you got the client from a previous beta?
    At this point I'd just phone them tbh. It seems like they should have emailed you the code.

Thank you all for your help the code was there on the app! See you in game!