Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Wat.
    50% hp in one button... no... even if it required 10 targets.
    Wat. I like how you know nothing at all.

Current Divine Storm smart heals you or someone close for 48kish on a fight with 10+ adds like Yorsahj. That's around 35% of anyone's HP, every 3.5sec, in one button, without even having a target.

MoP DS costs 3, that's right three holy power, it can't be used with less. Glyphed it will heal you and no one but you 6% no matter how many mobs you hit.

50% self heal at 10 or more targets is a good number, capped by how fast you can gather the HP instead of blindly pushing one button, it only heals you, and you don't even take enough damage in those big aoe fights to make it too meaningful
    Last edited by Veliane; 2012-04-28 at 09:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Takla View Post
    it's 10% less damage taken for 10sec after using Exorcism. It is currently BiS for Ret pvp and even would be if it was + 10% damage

just because you don't know shit dosen't means its worthless.
    Where did I say anything about Exorcism? I'm talking about the Divine Storm glyph, not Exorcism. Just because you read interpret my reply doesnt make me clueless >.>'

As for the Exorcism glyph, the only reason to take it for PvP is because there are far to many useless glyphs.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Wat. I like how you know nothing at all.

Current Divine Storm smart heals you or someone close for 48kish on a fight with 10+ adds like Yorsahj. That's around 35% of anyone's HP, every 3.5sec, in one button, without even having a target.

MoP DS costs 3, that's right three holy power, it can't be used with less. Glyphed it will heal you and no one but you 6% no matter how many mobs you hit.

50% self heal at 10 or more targets is a good number, capped by how fast you can gather the HP instead of blindly pushing one button, it only heals you, and you don't even take enough damage in those big aoe fights to make it too meaningful
    Yet 50% heal in one button would be ridiculously OP for Rated Battlegrounds. You can't only think about one aspect of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    #
    If FoL fills a similar role for Holy as it does now then Holy won't be able to take advantage of the crit buff either. I can't see many Holy paladins going for selfless healer, which is the only real reason we would cast it.
    "FoL" is our main castable healing spell in PvP. It's fast, efficient, and much harder to interrupt. I have used it in duels, Arenas, BGs, you name it. "Sacred Shield" is great for Holy. Can think of several scenarios in PvE, where I would use "Sacred Shield" along with "FoL". Your point makes no sense, I'm sorry to say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyo View Post
    Where did I say anything about Exorcism? I'm talking about the Divine Storm glyph, not Exorcism. Just because you read interpret my reply doesnt make me clueless >.>'

As for the Exorcism glyph, the only reason to take it for PvP is because there are far to many useless glyphs.
    my bad then

I just noticed all Paladins now have Devotion Aura, did this just happen with the last patch? This is very nice, I miss having a raid cooldown as Ret and paladins without auras made me cringe lore-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyo View Post

Speaking of glyphs: take a look at all the other class's glyphs and cringe at how useless most paladin glyphs are in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    I just noticed all Paladins now have Devotion Aura, did this just happen with the last patch? This is very nice, I miss having a raid cooldown as Ret and paladins without auras made me cringe lore-wise.
    Second last patch.. but yes.

I hope that all Spells will be changed to scale with spellpower. Because so we will be affected by more buffs: increase of attack power (will give more spell power due to the conversion) and increase of spell power directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I hope that all Spells will be changed to scale with spellpower. Because so we will be affected by more buffs: increase of attack power (will give more spell power due to the conversion) and increase of spell power directly.
    Kinda pointless, because we'll be balanced around whatever it ends up being. I'd rather be better with less buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Actually the way Sword of Light is worded implies it works like the Enhancement spec bonus where buffs like Totemic Wrath won't affect us, just things like Strength of Earth will buff us just in a roundabout way.

Deleted
    can someone tell me how much HoW hits for atm on beta? After this 60% reduction in base dmg it's gonna be interesting to see how much dmg it actually does. Seems pretty bad atm I think....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanaggro View Post
    can someone tell me how much HoW hits for atm on beta? After this 60% reduction in base dmg it's gonna be interesting to see how much dmg it actually does. Seems pretty bad atm I think....
    Beta Servers are offline atm but with this nerf most liekly holy avenger will pull ahead now.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why SoB doesn't affect HoR anymore.

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodalos View Post
    I don't understand why SoB doesn't affect HoR anymore.
    You and me both, that's probably quite the nerf to our AoE.

Latest MoP beta patch notes HoW baseline damage reduced by 60%.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy Avenger will pull ahead quite a ways with a 60% nerf and the removal of HotR I can't understand myself. It's more like a slap in the face or better yet it's just like telling us we don't want you to provide proper AE we want you to struggle with it. Makes no sense at all, as it is HotR isn't Mastery based either so you have to have 5+ mobs before it's even worth using and now depending on Haste levels it might not be worth using ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    This talk of slaps in the face is really unnecessary, specially before people actually see how stuff works in game.
    HotR is still affected by SoB, it's just a tooltip clarification, because if something affects CS cd, it will also affect the HotR cd, since they share it. <- Checked on beta, not assuming.

HoW nerf will make Holy Avenger stand on top, and while I'd prefer less CDs, with Holy Avenger and the Ashbringer effect, I'll gladly take it
    Last edited by mmoc9a374e54bb; 2012-05-02 at 01:41 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanaggro View Post
    I don't think it will end up being that big of an issue, seeing as how it was only a nerf to base damage, not actually any of the scaling.
    Blizzard seems to be doing a pretty good job keeping up with tweaks, and it was probably too strong with our mastery + Sanctified Wrath after the recent talent tweaks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I don't think it will end up being that big of an issue, seeing as how it was only a nerf to base damage, not actually any of the scaling.
    Blizzard seems to be doing a pretty good job keeping up with tweaks, and it was probably too strong with our mastery + Sanctified Wrath after the recent talent tweaks.
    The nerf was a PvP nerf it was out of control spamming Hammer of Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

What really pisses me off is how a lot of the talents are so much better for Holy. List of examples:

Repentance (don't need to worry about swing timer reset!)
    Selfless Healer (Flash of Light heals for more as a Holy Paladin)
    Eternal Flame (3 Holy Power cost)
    Sacred Shield (see Selfless Healer)
    Holy Prism (the damage scales from fucking spellpower, I saw the tooltip change switching weapons)

I didn't get to test Light's Hammer or Execution Sentence, but they might scale from spellpower also, I don't know.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-05-02 at 05:32 AM.