Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is anybody really going to take FDCL over Archangel in MOP

Assuming they fix Evangelism, is anybody really going to take this proc over an on use ability?

Surge of Light procs insanely often. Sometimes off of itself. It also goes up to two stacks, so you don't wind up wasting it as often. As it works now, I have free flash heals everywhere.

If they change Evangelism to be more worthwhile to Holy Priests... well, I'd have to see what they do to it. But even if it were worth-while... the free flash heals proc very often, so it's pretty reliable. It's very nice.

I completely forgot about the stacking change, for healers it seems this is going to be a mana consumption ability over a mana regen/throughput ability. Any thoughts about the same logic for Shadow?

For shadow right now, aa is the weakest of the three.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Agreed, at this moment it is but assuming they fix evangelism/dark evangelism,......so that you actually get stacks lol (atm you don't get stacks in beta) will free/instant mind spike procs really be better than dark archangel?

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    Agreed, at this moment it is but assuming they fix evangelism/dark evangelism
    Only the healing Archangel requires Evangelism (which is bad for holy, since they lost atonement).

The shadow one doesn't, you can just press the button. And Dark Evangelism is probably gone for good.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart View Post
    Surge of Light procs insanely often. Sometimes off of itself. It also goes up to two stacks, so you don't wind up wasting it as often. As it works now, I have free flash heals everywhere.

If they change Evangelism to be more worthwhile to Holy Priests... well, I'd have to see what they do to it. But even if it were worth-while... the free flash heals proc very often, so it's pretty reliable. It's very nice.
    I would have to agree.

Do take note that it's only a 6% chance now and the current beta state is a 20% chance. With SoL proccing like crazy now and a much higher chance (as of current beta state), you will have free, instant, Flash Heals up all the fuckin' time. I reckon you'll never have less than at least one charge at any time, since it can also procc off of Flash Heal again.

That's gonna be a much bigger mana saver than Mindbender.

Also, I'm expecting it to be nerfed. It's much too good at the moment for the above mentioned reason. 20% is just too much. In a best case scenario, which isn't even unlikely with 20% chance, you could end up only casting free, instant, Flash Heals on GCD throughout an entire fight (even though it likely wouldn't make too much sense).
    Last edited by Venara; 2012-04-27 at 09:15 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Trying both, see what i like better.

15+ Year Old Account
    AA is kinda meh tbh and I'll be surprised if they "fix" evangelism in the way you're referring.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

I get the feeling you're talking about for Shadow. Kind of ambiguous OP.

For healers FDCL should be a pretty obvious choice until much further down the road.

If I get 1% throughput from Surge on an AoE fight like Hagara, FDCL should be at least 3.5% of my healing in mists. Granted, its most efficient trigger (Heal) is much more viable than before, so that edges it down by a small bit. But I also get the feeling we won't be seeing heavy, constant AoE damage patterns for quite a while. So FDCL could possibly be worth.... A LOT of free healing for early-tier progression.

6% .... 10%? Not sure until I get to test it in a 10-man. I threw out 4% in another post as kind of a worst case.

I see some pretty interesting possibilities for AA though. Even without atonement, you can make wings a mana gain if you time them well. So it turns into another burst-vs-efficiency scenario. Sometimes burst gets you more overall healing. Even if it won't sometimes another CD can get you the kill.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2012-04-28 at 01:26 AM.

I like the procs better, but that's just personal preference.

From a Shadow perspective, once we replace Dragonwrath I'll probably prefer the FDCL proc since it REALLY won't extinguish the dots on the target (damn staff). Others seem rather lackluster by comparison.

Archangel shouldnt even be on that tier anyway. It makes much more sense to swap it with Power Infusion in the tree since AA is now just pure throughput while PI still has the mana cost reduction aspect to it.

Agreed, at this moment it is but assuming they fix evangelism/dark evangelism,......so that you actually get stacks lol (atm you don't get stacks in beta) will free/instant mind spike procs really be better than dark archangel?
    When you use aa right now, it just gives you the 25% increase there is no build up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Is it really? From the fews runs and questing I've been doing on the beta it seems to have a ridiculous uptime for me. Maybe I was getting good rng, but I feel I was almost spending more GCD's on MS and MB than MF

Aa= archangel. It has the same cd and up time as live. It just doesn't require a stack to use and it does 25% instead of 20%. And it still has a 90 second cd. The amount of dmg you gain from the other two, is just too high compared to the dmg increase.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post

I see some pretty interesting possibilities for AA though. Even without atonement, you can make wings a mana gain if you time them well. So it turns into another burst-vs-efficiency scenario. Sometimes burst gets you more overall healing. Even if it won't sometimes another CD can get you the kill.
    Archangel in the beta no longer has any mana return component. It's not a viable talent for Holy now that Holy can't use atonement. Not until the very end of the xpac will it be an option, and even then not for any mana intensive heroic fight. The gain is too negligible for such a big loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Free, instant and importantly frequent Mind Spike procs that don't erase dots is pretty tempting. At the moment, the proc is up more often than not and stacked to boot. I'm not sure I expect that to make it to live that way, but as of today, yeah, I think it's as good and maybe better.

Deleted
    My take on it, is that FDCL will do more DPS overall. However, for certain fights Archangel will be the obvious choice, because you need the extra burst or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to take FDCL on some fights and AA on some fights.