Mods and Battlemaster gear?

I heard/read that I cant strip mods from battlemaster gear and then get the War Hero counterpart. Is this true?
    And if it is, can I get battlemaster, strip mods. Then when I need the war hero, I put mods back in and trade?

Or I just have to go with ugly set?
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is true, but you will loose any set bonuses as they are tied to the Battlemaster armor shell. For War Hero and above the set bonuses are tied to the Armoring mod. You will be able to get crit crafted War Hero armor shells with an augment slot and move your WH mods into them to get the set bonuses and the augment slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    I heard/read that I cant strip mods from battlemaster gear and then get the War Hero counterpart. Is this true?
    And if it is, can I get battlemaster, strip mods. Then when I need the war hero, I put mods back in and trade?

Or I just have to go with ugly set?
    Okay.

Can you explain your problem a little more clearly?

I think I got the jist of what you were saying though...

If you take WH armoring and place it into BM gear you probably aren't going to be okay because BM gear is purple rather than orange. However, I am not 100% sure.

Edit: sounds like ghosty has more experience with retrofitting the BM set.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    Okay.

If you take WH armoring and place it into BM gear you probably aren't going to be okay because BM gear is purple rather than orange. However, I am not 100% sure.

If you know it, you need battlemaster item for purching the war hero part? that I mean is, can I strip mods OUT of the bm gear and still get war hero..

@Ghosty
    Well for the set bonus I know, Im looking in getting custom saber/chest for it only, as that is what I see mostly
    I do know you can get a critted war hero and all that.

But can I "strip out mods from battlemaster, put it back into battlemaster shell when im going to buy the wh gear?.. that why I can use a custom chest/saber untill Im going for war hero (which will be in a long time as im not a pure pvp'er)
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For additional clarification. Synthweavers and Armormechs can purchase schematics from the vendors to create both the WH and BM moddable sets. Neither of these crafted sets nor the WH gear you purchase with mods will have set bonuses tied to the armor. Only original BM set pieces (not crafted) will have set bonuses tied to the armor itself. On WH and greater level gear the set bonus will be tied to the armor mod. Also of note, is that the armoring mods are also slot specific now, so if you take an armor mod out of a pair of gloves, you will only be able to use it in another glove armor piece.

Hope this helps.

---------- Post added 2012-04-27 at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    But can I "strip out mods from battlemaster, put it back into battlemaster shell when im going to buy the wh gear?.. that why I can use a custom chest/saber untill Im going for war hero (which will be in a long time as im not a pure pvp'er)
    Yes you can put them back into the original BM shell to trade them for WH gear, but you have to remember which mods go back into which piece to make the BM piece have it's original stats. The devs have stated this, but I don't have a link handy atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Yes you can put them back into the original BM shell to trade them for WH gear, but you have to remember which mods go back into which piece to make the BM piece have it's original stats. The devs have stated this, but I don't have a link handy atm.
    Thx alot! thats what I wanted to know well if I will strip it out of, as I said, chest + saber's. I will put them in to chest's + saber's too so I will have 100% focus on what is what

Thx Ghosty for the info <3

Last I read you could just remove all the mods and still use the shell to trade in for WH gear. Not confirmed it though as I forgot when I traded in.

Edit:

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    War Hero gear is the new tier of PvP items introduced with patch 1.2. It is acquired through trade in of 'ranked warzone commendations' and the corresponding Battlemaster Shell (empty appearance, mods may be extracted before trade-in). Some items do not require a Battlemaster trade-in but instead can be acquired by warzone commendations. War Hero gear does not require a valor rating.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-04-27 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay.

You can put stuff into Purple gear just like orange gear :P The only issue is, the armorings are slot specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You can put stuff into Purple gear just like orange gear :P The only issue is, the armorings are slot specific.
    Then whats the difference between a purple 3 slot item and a orange 3 slot item?

I figured you couldn't transfer bonus's to purples or something... but if they are the same why have the color difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then whats the difference between a purple 3 slot item and a orange 3 slot item?

I figured you couldn't transfer bonus's to purples or something... but if they are the same why have the color difference?
    You can transfer bonuses from Campaign to any piece. The only thing is you can only transfer a helm armoring to another helm, etc. Orange items is considered 'modifiable' gear, but there is no distinct difference between purple and orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    but there is no distinct difference between purple and orange.
    : /

they should really just make it one color then to avoid confusion.

Edit: it was okay when armor slots were locked on purples but now that they are the same they should be unified.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-04-27 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Last I read you could just remove all the mods and still use the shell to trade in for WH gear. Not confirmed it though as I forgot when I traded in.

Edit:

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    War Hero gear is the new tier of PvP items introduced with patch 1.2. It is acquired through trade in of 'ranked warzone commendations' and the corresponding Battlemaster Shell (empty appearance, mods may be extracted before trade-in). Some items do not require a Battlemaster trade-in but instead can be acquired by warzone commendations. War Hero gear does not require a valor rating.
    Thats great "news", needs more reserche then^^