Thread: Liftoff!!!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Countdown still on website...3 minutes...:O

Didn't have much lag, stable FPS with everything set to high and shadows on ultra (average of 35fps). I got an error after 40 mins playing though and I can't log on atm: Can't complete operation, etc...

Seems incredibly polished though. I was out of this world for the time I played. Amazing

Seems like the log-in server is absolutely foobarred at the moment

Deleted
    did anyone notice are sylvari and asura in this event?

Deleted
    2 mins! RAPE THAT loging in button faster!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    1 minute to go!

Deleted
    Getting a different error now. Something about "internet routing issue".

yah i think its save to say they were not prepared. Even tough they knew the number of people who were gona play. Altough everyone is pretty clustered in the starting zones still.
    The intro before that worked better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    did anyone notice are sylvari and asura in this event?
    They aren't in this event. It was stated beforehand.

---------- Post added 2012-04-27 at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    yah i think its save to say they were not prepared. Even tough they knew the number of people who were gona play. Altough everyone is pretty clustered in the starting zones still.
    The servers were open about 30 minutes or more before they were supposed to be. They might just have been testing what they are up against

Deleted
    look in beta forum

in german beta forum they say no Panik - they have some login problems and work on it

Deleted
    Black Screen after char creation. And clicking on "Skip to end" doesn't work. Only music is playing.
    Anyone else with similar problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Open Beta, my ass. Anyway enjoy the beta guys, hopefully there will be actual OPEN Beta "soon". Although I could purchase the game, play the Beta and then cancel it :3 Hmmm...
    -K

I tried logging in once and it went perfectly. After character creation I could play without any problems with the myriads of people around me. Slight trigger lag, but nothing comparable to the lag one has in major cities in 'other mmos'. At a certain point I got kicked out, like everyone else it seems. So I'm guessing they're adapting some server bound stuff.

This beta seems more polished than some live games I know.

Deleted
    Black Screen after char creation. And clicking on "Skip to end" doesn't work. Only music is playing.
    look in beta forum (link when u start client) in known issus - there is something bout blackscreen and how you can fix it

I don't think any MMO is ever really prepared, there have been beta issues in almost every recent MMO. Tera, WoW: MoP, SWTOR, they've all had horrible beta issues, I think the only "big" one that went somewhat smoothly was Rift. To me beta launch issues are to be expected, what really helps me determine if I'll be playing is not just how quickly it comes up, but how transparent they are and how frequently the community gets updates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    I had the same problem, that was when I managed to log in 30 minutes before the real launch. Can't log in anymore, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    Open Beta, my ass. Anyway enjoy the beta guys, hopefully there will be actual OPEN Beta "soon". Although I could purchase the game, play the Beta and then cancel it :3 Hmmm...
    This was never announced as a open beta...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    It was never meant to be a completely open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    Yeah ... reminds me of Neo in Matrix how he was stuck in the train station xD

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I got disconnected after few minutes, but I can confirm that Norn characters look great The game seemed very smooth on my iMac at the native 1440p resolution (I have amost everything on high, shadows low and AA off).