Deleted

What exactly does 'CPU-bound' mean? (How will the switch of focus to GPU affect PCs)

Sorry for my ignorance but does that mean when the game is optimised I could actually see worse performance? (mine is pretty good right now as my cpu is good, but my gpu is probably weaker in ratio)

Or is it just a case of those with powerful gpus seeing much better performance as the game is optimised? I’m just worried the change of focus from CPU to GPU could actually worsen some pc’s performances?

Basically, I’m quite pleased with how the game currently runs on my laptop (My Desktop could be better but its decent and will obviously improve) so I’m just hoping it will stay as good.

(My specs: Intel i5 460m, 4GB Ram, Mobility Radeon 5470, 1366x768. My graphics card is quite weak, whereas my CPU is good for a laptop, so I'm just hoping the switch to GPU focus won't make the performance I'm seeing now worse).

Any graphics card will always outperform a CPU. You will be fine.

CPU bound meaning that

A Q6600 + GTX 680, would get absolutely SHIT on when it comes to performance vs a 2500k + GTX 580.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riiyah View Post
    Any graphics card will always outperform a CPU. You will be fine.
    What? It's no use have a mega GPU if your CPU is bad since it will bottleneck it.

I have a old graphic card HD58xx with an overclocked 2500K. Game runs like a charm.

Deleted
    Thanks very much for the replies, very informative and helpful

So I think I'm right in saying that the switch from CPU focus to GPU won't lessen any performance in anyway (no matter the PC) because currently the GPU is still having to do all the work. It's just that at the moment the game can only run as well as the CPU can transfer info to the GPU; therefore rigs with amazing GPUs are only as good as the speed of their CPU.

So I guess that means my laptop's graphics card is somehow powerful enough to play the game (I wasn't expecting it to even be playable yet alone medium+ settings).

10+ Year Old Account
    What it means is that oeverall the peerformance will increase since the cpu will share a bigger load with the graphic card and wont be so encumbered with stuff, this explained simply .

Feel free to ask that question in the thread that's already discussing it. It doesn't need its own thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-be-CPU-bound