Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baaltheron View Post
    Really? :O I've tested three characters and they all behave the same way. However I am targeting is the one I'm hitting, regardless of who I face.

Edit: I savage leaped onto 2 enemies, only 1 was damaged.
    On my guardian, if I swing my weapon in front of me, all enemies that really get hit do recieve damage.

Deleted
    Strange that something so crucial can be bugged :S

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 01:48 PM ----------

This is so frustrating. I can't tell if I'm hitting both because there are so many ways to initiate combat. If I go up to a mob and press 1, I attack it, if I turn to another mob then I only sometimes attack that mob I'm facing. My sword still isn't hitting everything in it's path.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    There is no auto white hit, but you can set any one skill on your bars to automatically cast off CD after you use it once.
    Since 1 has no CD, if you hit 1 it will continue automatically using 1 every chance it gets.
    Ctrl right click it if you would prefer to spam 1.
    I'm not saying I want to spam it, just that it works exactly like an autoattack, because it does.

Well this is depressing to hear. My wife and I are in Tera right now and enjoying the action combat but I'm also liking a lot of what I'm hearing about GW2 and the stuff AROUND the combat. (Events, story-lines, etc.)

So basically you're saying it's WoW UI for combat with the addition of some dodging? :\

Play Tera, its an amazing game. I havent played GW2 and was honestly interested but everything your asking for in this thread that is being denied is fully part of tera. I greatly prefer Tera's artstyle, anyways. Game has fully voiceacted storyline cutscenes and the story is awesome, too. Its also harder then any other mmo on the market at max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kylolz View Post
    Play Tera, its an amazing game. I havent played GW2 and was honestly interested but everything your asking for in this thread that is being denied is fully part of tera. I greatly prefer Tera's artstyle, anyways. Game has fully voiceacted storyline cutscenes and the story is awesome, too. Its also harder then any other mmo on the market at max level.
    Ascalonian catacombs explorer mode begs to differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GozerTC View Post
    So basically you're saying it's WoW UI for combat with the addition of some dodging? :\
    The basic idea is the same, but Guild Wars 2 feels a lot more dynamic than WoW. With a melee profession there's isn't really a reason to aim, since you hit everything in your swing arc. And there are a lot of projectiles that can be evaded by good movement, but there are also projectiles that home in on their target.
    Good positioning and movement are also a lot more important than they are in WoW. I'd describe it as a good update or improvement on the classic system, rather than something completely different.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was having to do a nice bit of aiming while playing my elementalist. Sure, my autoattack was autoaimed, but when in fire attunement, I had to compensate for movement with just about everything else; Phoenix and Dragon's Tooth in particular.

I like it this way. Having to aim every single one of my 'filler' spells would be a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Ascalonian catacombs explorer mode begs to differ.
    Link me a video of that please!
    edit : Also, you having one dungeon to list that's difficult isn't a competing argument against all of tera's Hardmodes.

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Failmuffins View Post
    Having to aim every single one of my 'filler' spells would be a chore.
    So your happy because its easy? Your making it sound exactly like a game i can't buy.
    Last edited by kylolz; 2012-05-05 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    OP here again. I have a question. Why on earth, when I set my 1 ability server artery to NOT autoattack and I spam 1, when I go up to a couple of mods I only hit the mob I'm targeting. This is a joke. The combat is barley different from wow. I'M WIELDING A MASSIVE SWORD and I hit only one NPC.
    Greatswords and hammers are the only weapons that damage multiple enemies by default. Some other weapons might have aoe skills (for example the third hit in the chain of a Guardian's 1-ability with a sword will hit three guys), but only the twohanders default to arcing slashes that hit multiple mobs.

I at least thought that it would work to where whichever direction you are facing in in combat is the person you attack. Say you are facing an NPC and attacking him and have him targeted and then got attack the npc behind you by turning in his direction, you can't hit him because you have your target on the other guy. This is a joke.
    If you have a mob targeted and press an ability your character will turn to face that mob so the attack will hit.
    I don't see how that's a joke, I mean you DID have a mob targeted, it would make little sense then if you didn't attack that guy.
    Last edited by mmoc037083865a; 2012-05-05 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    Link me a video of that please!
    edit : Also, you having one dungeon to list that's difficult isn't a competing argument against all of tera's Hardmodes.

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 10:12 PM ----------

So your happy because its easy? Your making it sound exactly like a game i can't buy.
    To aim every spell yourself to even be able to hit is not something that is not easy, it's just frustrating since you have to have your eyes on the enemy infront of you all the time and can't look around behind you or at the side since you have to aim everything.

Well this is depressing to hear. My wife and I are in Tera right now and enjoying the action combat but I'm also liking a lot of what I'm hearing about GW2 and the stuff AROUND the combat. (Events, story-lines, etc.)

There's more to it than some dodging.

1.) The lack of dedicated roles like tank and healer - When it comes to healing and defense, everyone is mainly responsible for themselves. If an enemy hits you like a truck, you're responsible for healing yourself up and not depending on someone else to do it for you. You CAN play more support-oriented with things such as cross profession combos (e.g someone lays down a Firewall , then you shoot an arrow through said firewall = flaming arrows. Also works for healing abilities as well.) , some abilties that can do healing on others as an added bonus, and buffs/boons such as Swiftness (increased movement speed) and others.

2.) The majority of abilities can be cast on the move - A lot of enemies (if not all of them) hit VERY hard against anyone. If an enemy is focusing on you, move away or chances are it will smash you into the ground.

3.) Abilities are tied to the weapons you use- Weapon abilities to have different situational uses. For example, a Necromancer with a staff will use ground targeted abilities that not only damage the enemy that triggers them, but also help out an ally that is near that enemy. On the other hand, a Necromancer with an scepter/focus is more about conditional damage with not much in terms of support.
    Last edited by Robot-Nixon; 2012-05-05 at 10:21 PM.

Strange that something so crucial can be bugged :S

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 01:48 PM ----------

This is so frustrating. I can't tell if I'm hitting both because there are so many ways to initiate combat. If I go up to a mob and press 1, I attack it, if I turn to another mob then I only sometimes attack that mob I'm facing. My sword still isn't hitting everything in it's path.
    Yah, even Ranged attacks have it that they can hit multiple enemies.

If i use my Hip Shot with the Rifle (Engineer) i hit 1 target. 1 bullet => 1 Target (it isnt piercing afterall, altough thats also possible for some projectiles).
    But my Blunderbus attack is basicly a Shotgun move. And it definatly hits multiple enemies in a cone in front of me. As you would expect from a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    Greatswords and hammers are the only weapons that damage multiple enemies by default. Some other weapons might have aoe skills (for example the third hit in the chain of a Guardian's 1-ability with a sword will hit three guys), but only the twohanders default to arcing slashes that hit multiple mobs.

If you have a mob targeted and press an ability your character will turn to face that mob so the attack will hit.
    So its wow's combat? Seriously? It was hyped that anything in the visual path of your weapon during any move is hit, WHICH IS WHAT TERA IS.
    Totalbicsuit was lying or on drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post

Wait so only two handers are basically "point and aim" melee weapons? Everything else is single target selects?

Deleted
    Wait so only two handers are basically "point and aim" melee weapons? Everything else is single target selects?
    Well, if you "point and aim" towards a mob with a single hander you will still hit the guy you're aiming at. You don't have to select a target with onehanders, but only twohanders hit several dudes at once.

So its wow's combat? Seriously? It was hyped that anything in the visual path of your weapon during any move is hit, WHICH IS WHAT TERA IS.
    Totalbicsuit was lying or on drugs?
    The first thing in your path will be hit, yes, but before you even swing your weapon your character will turn to face the mob during most abilities. If, however, you turn to face the mob you've targeted and there's still another mob in front of that one, the interfering mob will get hit.

And if you trust everything people hype about the game, well that's kinda your own fault isn't it.
    Last edited by mmoc037083865a; 2012-05-05 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    Not everything, but the basic 1 attack for one handers are pretty much single target damage, the other abilites 2, 3, 4, 5 all have different uses, and some of them might even hit up to multiple enemies.

But as fast another enemy places himself between your enemy and you, you will hit that one instead.

Ranged projectiles collide with the first obstacle(another enemy or terrain) to be in it's path. Your character will fire in in your targets direction, but if your target is moving fast the projectile won't hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Not everything, but the basic 1 attack for one handers are pretty much single target damage, the other abilites 2, 3, 4, 5 all have different uses, and some of them might even hit up to multiple enemies.
    Why was the game hyped to have combat that actually made sense like "EVERYTHING IN THE VISUAL PATH OF YOUR SWORD IS HIT" and why are people not extremely dissapointed if that's only true for some weapons? How does that not make sense.

Deleted
    Its not better when u are <<rooted>> for 0.25 -0.75 sec , and u cant use any other attack-jump or cancel the attack , before the <<animation>> of the attack -spell ends

Or GW2 dodge mechanic can be used in all directions

But man , Tera its freaking cool for the animation and the Elin
    (just downloaded , 6 lvl Mystic , and going)
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-05-05 at 10:29 PM.