Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    She has in a great degree what i like to call the Xin Zhao syndrome: Too slow to gank top, too squishy to gank mid, too harmless to gank bot. She doesnt scale well with items, is countered by Oracles, cant jungle well due to mana issues, cant lasthit in a lane vs a ranged champion because of the horrible range on her skills. She is outclassed by Twitch in every perspective, and Twitch isnt that good either.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    sooo ap but trinity instead of the other one? yeaaa....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Double rabbadons
    I can't think of a better way to waste 3600g
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

That picture is like one of those pictures people ask "Tell me what is wrong with this picture?"

Eve has zero survivability with too little damage to make up for it. That is her problem.

Twitch suffers from it too. Its because they were too powerful, and the subsequent nerfs practically killed them. They can still be used effectively, just as any champ can, if you are fed. But in every single role they fill, other champions do it at least 10 times better.

They are promising a stealth remake soon, which will hopefully make Eve and Twitch viable again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulon'Nah View Post
    Eve has zero survivability with too little damage to make up for it. That is her problem.
    That's kind of the problem for every melee assassin. If they are fed, they can snowball, but if they do just ok ... they have to expose themself a lot to do job others can do from range.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, the other assassins can at least get in, murder someone, and get out. Eve doesn't even have that going for her, really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    She has in a great degree what i like to call the Xin Zhao syndrome: Too slow to gank top, too squishy to gank mid, too harmless to gank bot. She doesnt scale well with items, is countered by Oracles, cant jungle well due to mana issues, cant lasthit in a lane vs a ranged champion because of the horrible range on her skills. She is outclassed by Twitch in every perspective, and Twitch isnt that good either.

Pretty much this...if you're playing normals or low ELO ranked, do whatever. Nobody at any decent level of play is using her because she is outclassed and countered by way too many things.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dominate in dominion.

Both in caps and in kills.

That being said I have tried to play her in classics 3s and 5s and I feel like I am severely lacking in both damage and survivability. Also I always find myself falling behind when it comes to leveling.

So I only play her in dominion now.

Deleted
    Evelynn requires the right player... In classic there is only one way to play her... Follow this guide and you will be fine...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYTgtWbbkBk
    This was made before the new masteries, but after the nerf so she is still as viable...

I don't play her ofte, but when i do i always end up with a great score... I've dominated games where if one of the enemies left a turret or a teammate for just a second = dead...

She is about cathing people off guard, and at the right moments... She is not good for grouped teamfights, people need to break off their team...
    Her early game is really passive and you can't really do much, but after some time with your ultimate you should be able ton get some kills with a teammates help, and then you should start getting dangerous solo...

Evelynn is not bad if you play her right... Nuff said

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people keep arguing that Eve isn't bad, despite her purposefully having been nerfed to the ground.

I also love how people then complain about how such-n-such champion is really underpowered when apparently even Eve is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eve is very UP in classic. Unless you are a pro Eve player against a team of newbs, chances are you will not do well. Nerfs, poor kit, lack of a strength, etc etc.

However, I have seen Eve's do very well in Dominion. Stealth champs are great at nabbing unguarded points and providing that surprise advantage in ganks. Granted, you need to play her like an assassin and not 1v1.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    Evelynn requires the right player... In classic there is only one way to play her... Follow this guide and you will be fine...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYTgtWbbkBk
    This was made before the new masteries, but after the nerf so she is still as viable...

I don't play her ofte, but when i do i always end up with a great score... I've dominated games where if one of the enemies left a turret or a teammate for just a second = dead...

She is about cathing people off guard, and at the right moments... She is not good for grouped teamfights, people need to break off their team...
    Her early game is really passive and you can't really do much, but after some time with your ultimate you should be able ton get some kills with a teammates help, and then you should start getting dangerous solo...

Evelynn is not bad if you play her right... Nuff said
    You mean she's only good for stealing kills? That's pretty much the only purpose of Evelynn and Twitch at the moment. Don't get me wrong, "stealing" kills is perfectly fine during the laning phase, when engagements are on a very small scale. Unless they're banking everything on one incompetent player though, picking off single low-health players won't win you the game. Teamfights decide the game. In teamfights, both Eve and Twitch are pretty damn useless. It's not that they do no damage (although Eve's is nothing to write home about if she isn't fed), it's that they have no other utility or protection. By the time teamfights are common, it's no real investment to have your support or tank (or both) get an oracles, which completely negates the most useful aspect of both champions.

Eve only serves a useful purpose if she can shut down the enemy so effectively in the laning phase that they don't make it to teamfights. Not only are there much better champions for the job, against any skilled player you're very unlikely to get the kills you need to stay in the game.

Well supposedly she scales well with items so while early game she is very weak, she gets better later on and can snowball well enough. But she just does not contribute as much as other champs. Fizz, Katarina, Shaco have similar role in fights and are better at it.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Well supposedly she scales well with items so while early game she is very weak, she gets better later on and can snowball well enough. But she just does not contribute as much as other champs. Fizz, Katarina, Shaco have similar role in fights and are better at it.
    Not quite, I believe. Her scaling depends highly on when she gets those items.
    If it's still the laning phase, then Eve scales rather well, probably among the top 25%. If it's after the laning phase, then her scaling is average at best.
    To name the most prominent champions that scale far better:
    Mundo, Kog'Maw, Jax, Karthus, Tryndamere, Cassiopeia, Ryze, Vayne, Riven, Shyvana.
    I think that's a good mix of roles. All these champions do at all times scale better with items than Eve.

Eve is only strong when the enemies still need to lane and she has been fed. That way she can catch people off guard and can kill them before they get to safety. Her only purpose in lategame would probably to stop splitpushing, although she's not good enough for a 1on1 against most classical split-pushers.

I've been in ~15 games with people playing Eve. Every single game the team that had Eve lost. Every. Single. One.

I don't feel that throwing up screenshots of normal, blind pick, games should ever be evidence of a champ's strengths or weaknesses. Just keep in mind why you never see her in competitive play, and that's because she's countered by two items that are bought throughout the whole match (pink wards & oracles). Does she have a place as a pubstomp vs players who are uncoordinated and have no idea what to do? Yes, but....that's about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    In summary:

Is Eve really that bad?

Yes.

Case closed.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by HhitSappens View Post
    Oh God, the builds lol
    my eyes bleed
    Need more Phantom Dancers.

10+ Year Old Account
    She can't do everything by yourself. If your team sucks, you will suck.
    She is useless untill 4 level, and she can't survive any focus damage untill level 6 (due to ultimate healing she can go out of XvY situations, where X<Y).
    She is able to kite melee (ultimate haste buff + zeal->trinity).
    She is able to unleash high damage burst (due to sheen/trinity/Lichbane).
    She has equaly strong magic damage and phis damage (again, due to sheen and high AtS).
    She is able to 1shot squishy AP characters (veigar, heimer and so on)
    She has good synergy with characters who can harras at high range (urgot, nidalee, cait)

But, as someone already mentioned, high skillcap, mana issues, roflstomped when focused by ranged AD and can't carry out game without getting fed REALLY hard.

And about scaling:
    Her main damage abbility is Ravage, which scales as 1AP = 1 Damage, why do you want more?
    She can stack "on hit/on cast" items in no time due to her AS and Q spamming, and mana issues fades away at ~11 level.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2012-05-02 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.