Deleted

There is something wrong

So, the game looks good (beta issues aside), the gameplay and combat system really turns me on

But, other then some things that i dont agree with (overflow system, a warrior using a bow and stuff like that)
    I dont feel my character.... maybe its me i dont know, but i really cant feel involved with my character
    Its like an arcade mmog... create the character go there unlock this and that's it
    I cant feel the story, the growth or the progress of my character... and i dont like it

Maybe its just all the "join pvp fullgeared\fulleverything" with the complete absence of quest lines..

i'm gonna play it for sure and i'm probably gonna enjoy it (as free to play) on WvWvW casually and randomly, but i don't see it replacing nor beating wow, thats for my tastes ofc

anyone else feels this way?

p.s. sorry for my poor english

anyone else feels this way?
    Sure, i got the same feeling.

Just playing it on release, simply because there are no monthly fee. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    It does feel very arcadey and it's just the standard, go here, do some stuff and gain levels.

It's fun to play, but if you are after a story and wanting to feel attached to your character, this isn't the game for you.

Treat it how you treat a FPS online game I guess.

Then pve, pvp is about having fun, and killing other teams to prove whose the best thats the story. I hate leveling period, but love mmo combat so kind of in a no no place lol. Yeah. Just pve for the story and pvp for fun and glory(all that stuff not really an rper unless drunk). Nothing will replace wow but titan in the sense that only a new wow can replace wow. Blizzard will kill wow and not any other game, and why does it matter. If your having fun your game doesn't need the most subs to be good.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2012-04-28 at 03:41 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Then pve, pvp is about having fun, and killing other teams to prove whose the best thats the story. I hate leveling period, but love mmo combat so kind of in a no no place lol. Yeah. Just pve for the story and pvp for fun and glory(all that stuff not really an rper unless drunk). Nothing will replace wow but titan in the sense that only a new wow can replace wow. Blizzard will kill wow and not any other game, and why does it matter. If your having fun your game doesn't need the most subs to be good.
    It's the same in PvE. You just go through the motions in order to get stuff. The dynamic events don't feel "real". They're fun and all, but they just don't have a compelling narrative. The personal story is a bit better.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I understand that some of dynamic events are just get ore, hides, food, etc., but you guys mae it seem leveling in WoW is so much more satisfying and compelling. I am not trying to bash the game, but these early levels are leaps and bounds above WoWs 1-20 zones. I enjoy WoW and play it currently, but you guys should try to be fair in your comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    I understand that some of dynamic events are just get ore, hides, food, etc., but you guys mae it seem leveling in WoW is so much more satisfying and compelling. I am not trying to bash the game, but these early levels are leaps and bounds above WoWs 1-20 zones. I enjoy WoW and play it currently, but you guys should try to be fair in your comparisons.
    I felt attached to my tauren female with green eyes from day one, so far I like the look of the charr and I enjoy them, but I don't "feel" their story. I could probably begin loving my charr female too, but it would take time. I've made so many chars already instead of sticking with one like I thought I'd be compelled to do. This game however, isn't WoW. Comparing this games starting levels to those of WoW is also unfair if one tries to decide one games superiority to the other (which always is subjective ofc in any case).

To me leveling in Wow IS very satisfying and compelling, and it was epic the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    I personally do not find anything greater or lesser between the two schemes. The major difference mechanically is that linear questing see more XP per hour relative to the level reqs. In GW2 leveling and bimodal endgame are de-emphasized & nonexistent respectively.

In WOW or TOR I would be annoyed if I am forced to wander as the goal of those games is to "finish" leveling. In GW2 it's fine if there is a lot of downtime or slower XP/hr gain- the goal is simply to play.

Different design goals and philosophies. One is not better designed than the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised to hear all the negativity from the first beta weekend. And here I was thinking (and still do) that I was missing out.

I still have to say though that I am looking forward to it, while story may not be strong right now I doubt they are going to let it slide in the future. In the end though its the gameplay that is important to me and i think WvWvW will be worth it to me once the network issues are ironed out.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Personal stories are fairly weak and poorly written compared to TOR. The world's story is rather excellent but peripheral just as in the first Guild Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I'm surprised to hear all the negativity from the first beta weekend. And here I was thinking (and still do) that I was missing out.

I still have to say though that I am looking forward to it, while story may not be strong right now I doubt they are going to let it slide in the future. In the end though its the gameplay that is important to me and i think WvWvW will be worth it to me once the network issues are ironed out.
    Negativity in a first BETA weekend is always common. Though I am hearing a lot more positive feedback then negative. Look at all the positive feedback for Guild Wars 2 from a WoW player perspective: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4768448022

Though the game is not perfect and of course needs some polishing, I haven't played the BETA yet. But this is just from watching BETA videos.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Personal stories are fairly weak and poorly written compared to TOR. The world's story is rather excellent but peripheral just as in the first Guild Wars.
    My story's really awesome so far - I'm playing a female human thief born to nobility, lots of untraditional quests and stuff that doesn't all revolve around combat.

I've also played the human ranger story through level 20, that one wasn't as good. It appears that one huge story was written, and depending on what class/role you play, you get a piece of it. It's very interesting way of doing this, all the races play a different role within the same overarching storyline.
    Last edited by Dreary; 2012-04-28 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sorry but i'm gonna disagree with this... i thought they were poorly written in ToR and your entire choice mechanic they emphasized over and over again was non existent, if i killed bob the engineer to open the door i had the SAME EXACT STORY as if i had let him live... In GW2 i'm noticing some differences already, and god knows what'll happen way down the line...

Also, I'm just flat out enjoying the story line more in GW2, in SWTOR i felt forced to do stuff in the story where in GW2 (imo) i feel like my character belongs in it. Only thing i feel forced to do in GW2 is to allow Logan to live and not shove my axe into his face... but that's just me =D

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreary View Post
    My story's really awesome so far - I'm playing a female human thief born to nobility, lots of untraditional quests and stuff that doesn't all revolve around combat.

I've also played the human ranger story through level 20, that one wasn't as good. It appears that one huge story was written, and depending on what class/role you play, you get a piece of it. It's very interesting way of doing this, all the races play a different role within the same overarching storyline.
    Wait... did you just say one human storyline was really fun and the other one was dull xD? I'm going to assume you did not pick noble for both... And as a commoner i've noticed most of the story is stealthy subterfuge followed by ambushing and the such, except in a few scenarios where you get the option of "LAWLZ WUT IS STEALTHZ?"
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I like the leveling much more than my first time through WoW, but maybe that's because the first time I leveled in WoW was in like 2006... The quests didn't have anything to do with MY character in WoW, the quests barely even chained together in a way that made sense. In GW2, you have PERSONAL QUESTS that are for YOUR character. I have no idea how someone could think they were more immersed in WoW on day 1 than GW2. Obviously its personal opinion, but I really think they did a lot better with making you feel attached to your character.