It's a shame those of us who were in the closed beta aren't allowed into this Beta

We only really had one decent weekend at guildwars 2, the other was a stresstest and pretty much unplayable for most of it. Now that alot of the problems (main stories weren't possible to do when i played) are solved, i'm unable to join in because i've not prepurchased (i'll be buying it a week or so after release)

shrug. They flat out said the only guaranteed way to get into every BWE was to prepurchase. If you won the beta lottery the first time, gratz to you. If you didnt win agian for the second one well tough nuts. you had the opportunity for a guaranteed buy in, you apparently decided to trust to luck and didnt get lucky agian.

Who is John Galt?

It wasn't particularly trusting luck, since i didn't count on beta access being removed once they moved it into the prepurchasers. I didn't expect this, because they didn't tell us closed-beta'ers this would happen. I'd assumed as being part of a select amount of people helping test the game before it was opened to the wider public we'd of had the access kept with us, after such limited testing. But as is obvious, i assumed wrongly

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well. Doesn't sound like much of a loss, seems like everybody talking about the beta the last couple days has said it's unplayable anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    Oh well. Doesn't sound like much of a loss, seems like everybody talking about the beta the last couple days has said it's unplayable anyway.
    That's pretty much why i'm not prepurchasing. I love the game, but i don't plan on paying extra money to test the game, i was lucky and thrill to test it, but i don't want to pay to do what is essentially a job. I'd rather just buy the game 2-3 weeks after release, avoid the horrendous amounts of people doing the same quests and go from there.

I was... Oh you didn't prepurchase.. How come? Main stories were possible when I played but only up to lvl 20.

It was unplayable for the first few hours.

It's fine now. A 20 minute server shutdown solved pretty much all the latency issues.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrototem View Post
    That's pretty much why i'm not prepurchasing. I love the game, but i don't plan on paying extra money to test the game, i was lucky and thrill to test it, but i don't want to pay to do what is essentially a job. I'd rather just buy the game 2-3 weeks after release, avoid the horrendous amounts of people doing the same quests and go from there.
    How is pre-purchasing the game paying extra for beta? You pay the say price as it will be at release, you are just paying before the game is actually released.

Deleted
    I wouldn't want people breaking the NDA in the beta. Especially as freeloaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I wouldn't want people breaking the NDA in the beta. Especially as freeloaders.
    There is no NDA anymore, so point invalid.

Prepurchasing is extra since it's currently £60, which i won't pay for a digital version.

The bug with the main story persisted with me, even after the fix, so i wasn't able to experience that sadly.

I've already stated i'll be buying the game and i enjoyed the game thoroughly. Alot of you are getting far too defensive/bitchy over a simple expression of disappointment at not being able to participate in the beta without prepurchasing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's working for a lot of people now...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrototem View Post
    you don't pay extra to test it

you pay the same as you would when it's released, but if you buy it now you get beta access + some other stuff like 3 day headstart and heroes band.

so It's kind of a bonus if you were planning on buying the game anyways