Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Oh my god, people... you have to understand. This is a TOTALY NEW EXPERIENCE for Anet. They never had a game of this complexity with so many players online. GW1 had a totally different structure, due to its instanced gameplay. You can't simply prepare for stuff like this because there is no real way to simulate it. Just too many factors and the performance characteristics are non-linear. Its not like: "I know my server can run 100 players, so 2 servers can run 200 players". Its so much more complex, there are so many factors. This beta is strully a stress test for them and they are doing well. They have to gather experience and adjust accordingly. The only company with experience in thearea is bliyyard and maybe CCP (EVE Online, where there is only one "world" populated by all players). It took CCP years til they could adjust heir servers to smoothly run some of the most populated star systems. It will take Anet much faster because they have some very nice programmers.

I think it would hurt them more to back on set statements already. They should end it when they said, and prepare for the next event and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I think it would hurt them more to back on set statements already. They should end it when they said, and prepare for the next event and such.
    I agree with this.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Its called beta for a reason. What do you do in beta? You don't have any kind of right to a finished game, because its NOT finished.