Poll: Which one is your fav?

New car, Opinions?

Ok so after many months of debate, I talked my wife into letting me get a new generation of muscle car. Thank god because ive been wanting one since the day i seen my dad pull out his 440 magnum Dodge challenger....Many many years ago....Im pretty upkept on cars, I'm no fan boy of any brand (dodge, chevy, ford) and im no power freak, I like to go fast but that wont make my final decision

So obviously my choices are

Dodge Challenger 392 SRT-8
    Ford Shelby GT500
    Chevrolet SS or ZL1 (cant decide)

Now price is debatable, im putting 15k down, and trading in my daughters old beater which is worth about 3k (if im lucky)

then ill more then likely loan a extra 5-8k to buy a supercharger and buy some other things id get done with the car (rims, tires the norm)

Now i dont want people flaming on this about why ford dodge or chevy is best...because there all the same really.

Just wanted to know which one you like the most overall

Deleted
    dodge challenger!

i dont really know anything about cars, especially muscle cars, but challengers are damn cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mustang for build quality, challenger for looks IMO. If you're considering the shelby though I would get that.

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    dodge challenger!

i dont really know anything about cars, especially muscle cars, but challengers are damn cool!
    I agree they look the coolest out of the 3, but Dodge has had kind of shoddy quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

See im all over the place....i mean they would all have 5 year 100k warrentys (as far as i know) so build quality isnt a prob because i live in michigan so itll sit in the garage for 5-6 months outta the year so thats plenty of time to fix things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furiex View Post
    See im all over the place....i mean they would all have 5 year 100k warrentys (as far as i know) so build quality isnt a prob because i live in michigan so itll sit in the garage for 5-6 months outta the year so thats plenty of time to fix things.
    I'm no car expert, but I'm pretty sure the shelby has the best performance. And you have the equipment to fix modern cars in your garage? Color me jelly.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

10+ Year Old Account
    If we are talking for power, which in a muscle car is kinda important the mustang kinda beats the others by a decent margin, build quality too and I personally prefer the looks of the mustang but thats personal choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Mustang for build quality, challenger for looks IMO. If you're considering the shelby though I would get that.

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 04:14 PM ----------

I agree they look the coolest out of the 3, but Dodge has had kind of shoddy quality.

oh, as i said i know little about cars, and even less about these, dont even think they sell those cars over here

I'm no car expert, but I'm pretty sure the shelby has the best performance. And you have the equipment to fix modern cars in your garage? Color me jelly.
    no im saying if something went wrong it will either be sitting in my garage all winter (if nothings wrong) or sitting in a dodge/ford/chevy dealership getting fixed

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 07:22 PM ----------

And im not car expert either lol....i just know iw ant one but i mean between 470 to what 650 in the shelby and the SS/ZL1 is in there somewhere thats still a shit ton of muscle with either car....if i go the SS camaro or the 392 challenger im gunna supercharge it anyways so they all should be in the 600 HP range

The Challenger is horrible for long term reliability, and honestly I'd pick a Charger over the Challenger any day. If you're on the tall side you may have problems getting into the Camero. I rode along in a test drive and I had to turn my head to the side to even fit into the back seat, however it had some really nice pick-up. I'd go with the Mustang. Ford has grown much more reliable over the last few years, the name Shelby is an icon in American Muscle Car history, and quite frankly, it looks badass.

Edit: Tall meaning over 6ft. I'm 6' 5'' for reference's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing, have you searched into the price of those cars there? because from my point of view the Shelby GT500 costs around 54000 dollars XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furiex View Post
    no im saying if something went wrong it will either be sitting in my garage all winter (if nothings wrong) or sitting in a dodge/ford/chevy dealership getting fixed

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 07:22 PM ----------

And im not car expert either lol....i just know iw ant one but i mean between 470 to what 650 in the shelby and the SS/ZL1 is in there somewhere thats still a shit ton of muscle with either car....if i go the SS camaro or the 392 challenger im gunna supercharge it anyways so they all should be in the 600 HP range
    Ya, all of em are gonna perform higher than you'll ever use it, most likely. And if you don0't mind sitting it in the shop and can afford it then just go with aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    Another thing, have you searched into the price of those cars there? because from my point of view the Shelby GT500 costs around 54000 dollars XD
    Yes lol, and its not a problem, been saving for years my friend

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gman21788 View Post
    The Challenger is horrible for long term reliability, and honestly I'd pick a Charger over the Challenger any day. If you're on the tall side you may have problems getting into the Camero. I rode along in a test drive and I had to turn my head to the side to even fit into the back seat, however it had some really nice pick-up. I'd go with the Mustang. Ford has grown much more reliable over the last few years, the name Shelby is an icon in American Muscle Car history, and quite frankly, it looks badass.

Edit: Tall meaning over 6ft. I'm 6' 5'' for reference's sake.

from what ive heard the Challenger name is a bigger icon in american muscle then the shelby...But im with ya i like the shelbys and im only 6'1 so i should be fine you giant you

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 07:28 PM ----------

Ya, all of em are gonna perform higher than you'll ever use it, most likely. And if you don0't mind sitting it in the shop and can afford it then just go with aesthetics.
    Well what im saying is once i buy it and something goes wrong, the warrenty will cover it so i wont have to spend a dime (unless i caused the problem lol)

if you have the money for a shelby i dont think its really even a question.

if you were looking at base models i would say dodge or chevy.

Well, I may be a bit biased, but I would say the Shelby. Or, you could by a GT or a Boss and modify it to be better than a Shelby for less money (like I am doing.) A Boss+supercharger kills a Shelby. But, if its all about the name then I would certainly get the Shelby. I currently am driving a 2012 GT. With only long tube headers, an x-pipe, an axle back, a cold air intake, and a custom tune my car is putting down 452hp at the wheels and still knocking down 20+ mpg's. Once I put a blower on this car I will be at 600 rwhp easily, and for less than the price of a Shelby. Of course the one disadvantage to doing this is you can say bye-bye to the warranty (unless you get either the Ford, Roush, or Edellbrock supercharger which all seem to come with some kind of warranty protection) And speaking of the Roush; have you considered that as an option on the Mustang front?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually no the mustang and the shelby mustang were quite the top selling muscle cars in american history, performance wise and build quality they are still the best out of these 3 muscle car brands and well to you it comes down to looks so choose the one that suits you the most, also lucky bastard getting such ncie cars i cant even get one in portugal, but I might buy an old '74 Mustang fastback that is going dirt cheap around here and restore it , that would be awesome.

Base models wise the mustang V6 has the best performance/gas comsumption factor out of those, but i think that inst something your interested in considering you can get a Shelby XD

Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    Well, I may be a bit biased, but I would say the Shelby. Or, you could by a GT or a Boss and modify it to be better than a Shelby for less money (like I am doing.) A Boss+supercharger kills a Shelby. But, if its all about the name then I would certainly get the Shelby. I currently am driving a 2012 GT. With only long tube headers, an x-pipe, an axle back, a cold air intake, and a custom tune my car is putting down 452hp at the wheels and still knocking down 20+ mpg's. Once I put a blower on this car I will be at 600 rwhp easily, and for less than the price of a Shelby. Of course the one disadvantage to doing this is you can say bye-bye to the warranty (unless you get either the Ford, Roush, or Edellbrock supercharger which all seem to come with some kind of warranty protection) And speaking of the Roush; have you considered that as an option on the Mustang front?

Havnt really looked into the Rouch mustang...dont you have to buy the mustang and then send it into somewhere for that to happen? and Right now im leaning on the challenger to be honest i love mustangs, My uncle bought a 2011GT and i loved it but, the challenger is looking to be my eye catcher. But i do like your idea of buying the lesser models persay and fixing them up, But im no car wiz and wouldnt know where to even start lol. All i know is if i buy the 392, or the SS camaro ill buy a supercharger for it and have it put in, and in this situation the GT id have that done, as far as anything else besides exhaust im lost.

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    Actually no the mustang and the shelby mustang were quite the top selling muscle cars in american history, performance wise and build quality they are still the best out of these 3 muscle car brands and well to you it comes down to looks so choose the one that suits you the most, also lucky bastard getting such ncie cars i cant even get one in portugal, but I might buy an old '74 Mustang fastback that is going dirt cheap around here and restore it , that would be awesome.

Base models wise the mustang V6 has the best performance/gas comsumption factor out of those, but i think that inst something your interested in considering you can get a Shelby XD
    Lol i wont even consider a Base model, in my opinion why buy a muscle car if your going to get a v6...just doesnt make sense to me, Its the top end models with the v8's or ill buy my wife a GMC denali... id never go base model on a muscle car.

And yea man im with ya, i guess as far as my town goes, people drooled over the chargers/challengers back in the day. And if you get that fastback post it up! thatll be sick!

I'm sorry, but i'm calling BS on you buying any of these cars. People who have the money, know what they want, and why they want it. they don't just go " oh hey im going to buy a muscle car, and drop any where from 40-60k and then go to mmo-champ for them to decide it for me".

But hey i'll play along..honestly none. If you're going to drop that 50-60k+ on a cobra might as well go with a corvette, faster, lighter, and it's pure awsome. If you are stuck on one of those three, Charger.

If you want a true badass, and save a lot of money, and will beat atleast two of those three you mentioned. 05-06 GTO 6.0. I currently drive a 6.0, and with ease walk the new model SS Camaro, and SRT-8 Charger. Haven't gone up against a NEW Shelby yet.

The last one you should purchase is the Camaro, it's the slowest of them, it's ride is rather rough, the inside is bulky, uncomfortable, and seriously, every fucking person has one.