Thread: New Char Models

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New Char Models

Since a ton of people have been saying Blizzard is going to update character models, whether it just be because its way overdue or because Monk abilities are going to require more bones in their model to perform certain functions, besides Thrall being the "what orcs are going to look like model" and some even say King of SW is new Human model, but are their any NPC's in the game that you all know of that represent maybe what the new models for any of the other original races might look like??? I.E Troll, Undead, Tauren, Night elf, Gnome, Dwarf???

Would be interesting to see what they might possibly look like in the future!!!

Thank you ahead of time for all responses!!
    -Kennetth

15+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to MMO-C forums, sadly this topic has been beaten to death like a dead cow.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

It makes no sense to build a new model for only 1 npc (Thrall), if they did create a new model they would have released it. They stated that only the new Dwarf model would be available at MoP launch so I really don't think ANY npc has a new mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    It makes no sense to build a new model for only 1 npc (Thrall), if they did create a new model they would have released it. They stated that only the new Dwarf model would be available at MoP launch so I really don't think ANY npc has a new mode.
    You read my post completely wrong. Thrall character already has been re-modeled and it looks really really good...SO good that people say that it is going to be the same model used for when they re-do the orcs. So I was asking if there are any OTHER newer model NPC's in the game that might be a clue to what another races model might look like.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes no sense to build a new model for only 1 npc
    I find this quote quite funny because we constantly get the opposite complaint for bosses.

We have not seen any of the others as of yet; however, Blizzard has been working on them (at least the initial 8). They will not be ready at launch and I doubt that they will be releasing them in waves (it'll create too much QQ at your race not being done yet). They'll wait until they have them all done and hopefully that will be during MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Welcome to MMO-C forums, sadly this topic has been beaten to death like a dead cow.
    Sorry im not sorry

no they said that they are currently working on a Dwarf model but most likely not going to release it with MoP. Ill try and find the exact post.

Quote Originally Posted by windfish View Post
    no they said that they are currently working on a Dwarf model but most likely not going to release it with MoP. Ill try and find the exact post.
    i think it was a video interview actually, they said the new models were being made, and the dwarf was the closest to being done, but not in time for pandaland.

I don't think Thrall will become the template for Orcs. His model was made to fit the clothing design he has on him. That clothing is PART of his model. So they can't use him for the Orc race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post

Thats the image you are looking for.

Mod Note: Infracted. Please don't post meme images.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2012-04-29 at 03:15 AM.

Thrall also has always been described to hold himselves differently then most orcs, less hunch and more human-like.

I'm excited for new character models too...wish they were going to be ready for launch, but I'd also rather they take their time and make them *good* than rush them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has said that Dwarf, Orc and human will be ready for launch or a patch not long after. With the other races a patch or 2 later. I am to lazy to find a link so feel free not to believe me.

http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...k-19-large.jpg < that is some orc artwork from the wow website.
    Aye mate

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope if they make a new undead model , they're not hunched over w/ their backbone sticking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Blizz has said that Dwarf, Orc and human will be ready for launch or a patch not long after. With the other races a patch or 2 later. I am to lazy to find a link so feel free not to believe me.
    That's a misquote, they said Dwarves are the closest to being done not they absolutely will be done. Then they said the one's getting an update next would be Orcs and Humans

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC they said Human and Orc models are done too
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post

Thats the image you are looking for.
    That is a camel. It is not what he was looking for unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peedei View Post
    That is a camel. It is not what he was looking for unfortunately.
    Its actually a horse, but not a cow indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post

http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...k-19-large.jpg < that is some orc artwork from the wow website.
    They've had Artwork like this from way back like Warcraft 1-3. has nothing to do with new models, just concept art

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Its actually a horse, but not a cow indeed.
    My mistake! A Llama indeed!