Thread: New Char Models

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    we should be seeing the new Dwarf model soon.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    IIRC they said Human and Orc models are done too
    Post.

Your.

Source.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KJDi...ature=view_all
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We are slowly in progress with revamping the races, but the reality is that at best we would get the Dwarves for Mists of Pandaria, and even that's on the bubble.
    This is them saying that dwarves MIGHT be done by the time MoP launches. This is not them saying they are done or that they will even be available at MoP launch. Just that they MIGHT be completed.

The same way 4.1 only brought us the Zandalari dungeons, 5.1 or 5.2 might be a small content patch but with the new models as the main feature. If you look at pandaren monks, they have different animations for each stance and fancier animations in general. Our current models are being adapted just enough for the monks to look decent, but it's obvious they haven't put much effort on it, since it's just temporary.

And I expect new skeletons, so none of the night elf or human NPCs (Tyrande, Illidan, Varian, Anduin) are an example, because they have the exact same skeleton as us, only the model is different.

In fact, they'll probably keep the old skeleton for these models until they update them again, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    And I expect new skeletons, so none of the night elf or human NPCs (Tyrande, Illidan, Varian, Anduin) are an example, because they have the exact same skeleton as us, only the model is different.
    From what little Blizzard has said on the topic I'm expecting the new skeletons to be rebuilt/enhanced versions of the current ones.

In the sense that the new male night elf model would have the same general silhouette as the original male night elf model, the difference being that the new one has more expressive animations and significantly more detail.

Hope they bring it in soon. Current models are way too outdated :/
    hoping for orc models without the hunch-back. And a lot more options for each race, when it comes to face, hair, facial hair, skin color etc.
    Would love if we could create brown or dark-skinned orcs, and iron dwarves, and similar things.

Deleted
    Why do people sign their Posts ? We can see your name...

OT. Malfurion new male Night elf maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Poglia View Post
    So, everybody is now asking for new character models. When Blizz will finally update them, I bet people will complain and want the old models back.
    That's their reason for not changing them for so long, but EQ2 already has a solution for this. In EQ2 there's two different sets of character models, you choose which one you want to use and you can still customize both so people who have either model set on see your character customized for either.

So i think this thread may have gotten away from what the op intended. I think part of what he was asking is are there any other models in game (like Thrall and Varian) that might represent the finished product of the new player models.

I'm not sure if there are any others beyond this but Azshara and Illidan in the well of eternity dungeon are probably pretty good descriptors of how the NE models will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by JDR388 View Post
    So i think this thread may have gotten away from what the op intended. I think part of what he was asking is are there any other models in game (like Thrall and Varian) that might represent the finished product of the new player models.

I'm not sure if there are any others beyond this but Azshara and Illidan in the well of eternity dungeon are probably pretty good descriptors of how the NE models will turn out.
    Tyrande and malfurion too. Well, without the animal attributes of course.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I don't think Thrall will become the template for Orcs. His model was made to fit the clothing design he has on him. That clothing is PART of his model. So they can't use him for the Orc race.
    doesn't mean they can't use it.
    they just have to alter it. and to be honest that makes sense.
    if all they had to do was use the model as-is, well they'd say "yeah you get orcs..then dwarves"
    they still have some fiddling to do.

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    also current theory says that Nozdormu's form may be the basis of Blood Elf males.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

They said they doubt new models will be done for Mists. They think Dwarves are the only model that will be done when the expansion comes out; Orc and human will follow, etc, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Poglia View Post
    So, everybody is now asking for new character models. When Blizz will finally update them, I bet people will complain and want the old models back.
    Yep, in the form of glyphs, lmao.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ria-Press-Tour

Not the post i was looking for, but it states that no new Models are ready yet, this was back during the press conference in March so no way they could make new race models in 1 month.

I think new models would be cool. You could make dwarves more badass, tauren more fierce-om, orcs a little more toned and remove gnomes...

It would be nice to have female worgen not have ninja turtle mouths but I'm not holding my breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    It makes no sense to build a new model for only 1 npc (Thrall), if they did create a new model they would have released it. They stated that only the new Dwarf model would be available at MoP launch so I really don't think ANY npc has a new mode.
    They actually made that new model just for Thrall. His hood and robe and even necklace is actually all part of his model and they all move when he does. For example, pull him up in model viewer and watch how his robe fans out circular when he kneels down. It's part of his animation skeleton unfortunately.

---------- Post added 2012-05-01 at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    All 4 of those models actually use the existing Night Elf skeleton and simply have cleaned up textures. Thrall got a completely new skeleton when they redid him. I'm probably asking for a lot, but this is what I'm hoping they do for the player races. It's long over due.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Well for night elves Tyrande and Azshara might look like the females and Illidan like the males. For orcs Thrall and Aggra. For humans, if they gave Varian it would be a big mistake, but Anduin has a nice model that could be tweaked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Well for night elves Tyrande and Azshara might look like the females and Illidan like the males. For orcs Thrall and Aggra. For humans, if they gave Varian it would be a big mistake, but Anduin has a nice model that could be tweaked.
    I assume you're just referring to the faces and / or textures? Everyone you just mentioned with the exception of Thrall (who was addressed in the post immediately above yours) uses the current in game skeleton / shapes / animations, just with updated clothing / hair / faces.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone when I say that I'm expecting them, after all this time, to do a lot more than a simple texture upgrade.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I find this quote quite funny because we constantly get the opposite complaint for bosses.

We have not seen any of the others as of yet; however, Blizzard has been working on them (at least the initial 8). They will not be ready at launch and I doubt that they will be releasing them in waves (it'll create too much QQ at your race not being done yet). They'll wait until they have them all done and hopefully that will be during MoP.
    The major complaint about boss models and resusing isn't when there is a new, unique model made a for a boss and then it gets reused in later patches/expansions, so much as when the boss itself is a reused model.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    It makes no sense to build a new model for only 1 npc (Thrall), if they did create a new model they would have released it. They stated that only the new Dwarf model would be available at MoP launch so I really don't think ANY npc has a new mode.
    You go tit wrong they said human and orcs would maybe be ready for launch and dwarf woul dbe close follow up.