Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I saw them. Found them all unappealing and rather generic.
    I take it you never played GW1?

It's anything but generic. I log in and I NEVER see 2 people with the same gear. Unlike WoW, Rift or many of the other REAL GENERIC games out there where when you log in you see 3 orcs, 2 trolls, 5 taurens and 2 blood elves wearing the same armor set in the same vicinity.

I think you need to look up the words "generic" and "unique", because you CLEARLY have them mistaken.

@OP: Thank you for this, bookmarked for future reference.

Too bad the Dredge set is heavy armor. Would of loved something like that on an engineer.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    I take it you never played GW1?
    Pretty sure I did.

Though I am not sure why that would have any relevance to the armor design being unappealing to me.

It's anything but generic. <snip>
    That's your opinion and you are welcomed to it. Those armors do not appeal to me as they look like generic fantasy setting armor. A look I am not keen on in most games.

I think you need to look up the words "generic" and "unique", because you CLEARLY have them mistaken.
    Bwwhaha. No, not at all. Though I am certain you do mean "unique" in the informal mood.

To wit~
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/generic
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_mood
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/generic

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, this subforum has to be the worst when it comes to arguing about semantics.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    You didn't answer my question fencers I really am curious so please riddle me this.

#1. How is a commando-esque plate armor not original and unique?
    #2. What the hell else are they supposed to make their armor look like? It's pretty unique compared to some other current genre games, granted that you don't REALLY have a lot to work with. It's gotten to the point where it's near impossible to come out with "new" looking sets.

There comes a point where bread is just bread. People may want to try something else, but there's not a lot you can do with bread that hasn't already been done.

"Nothing is original. Somewhere, at some time, someone has already had that idea." (Or something along those lines, I probably butchered it)

And you two are both being asses to each other. Stop.

Lol, this subforum has to be the worst when it comes to arguing about semantics.
    Agreed.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

Deleted
    Provided there are no set bonuses, I think I wold take the helmet from nightmare and add it to the koda, a few dyes here and there then boom, sic armor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrand View Post
    Provided there are no set bonuses, I think I wold take the helmet from nightmare and add it to the koda, a few dyes here and there then boom, sic armor.
    You can use transmutation stones to make any set you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post

lv.80 dungeon: Arah
    medium set: Orrian

Gotta say... if I go through with leveling a thief, assuming their melee survivability in pve gets tweeked, I'm going to be all over this set like flies to a pile of sh--- well you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    You didn't answer my question fencers I really am curious so please riddle me this.
    Simply missed it while clicking "What's New?"

#1. How is a commando-esque plate armor not original and unique?
    Which armor is that?

If it's that Charr Flame Legion armor, it reminds me of the organic plate of TES. The concept doesn't really seem without precedence. Also looks kinda gross- insect-ish. /vomit

#2. What the hell else are they supposed to make their armor look like? It's pretty unique compared to some other current genre games, granted that you don't REALLY have a lot to work with. It's gotten to the point where it's near impossible to come out with "new" looking sets.
    http://www.terafans.com/uploads/1277...4_4_836929.png
    http://www.terafans.com/uploads/1276..._4_5120206.png
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2gwcqs3.jpg

More stylish. The attention to patterns, the flared 70s look for men, the striking asymmetry & lines on the female armor. Actual fidelity in those layers and patterns.

Bulky metal armor w/ spiky bits is rather well worn by contrast. Can't wait for the Orr set w/ flaming shoulder pads and or glowing mittens.

"Nothing is original. Somewhere, at some time, someone has already had that idea."
    Whoa now, this is not anything I claimed.

The sets in LA simply looked as expected [& generic] fantasy armor. No more appealing to me than in any other game. As it is a style I do not find appealing. Whenever possible I always choose non-armor as my default set in an MMO. Which has been the case for years now.

That other guy just pulled the comparison to other MMOs out of his arse. I never stated concern with uniqueness or originality over other games. The LA armors looked ugly as sin, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, that tera armor looks like shit. Turns out if you wanna play tera, you should play tera.

In what way are those unique Fencers? They look like generic Asian style armors.

Deleted
    I only really like the last one. The guy is just plain ugly, to me it seems like a fashion show gone wrong. And really Korean/asian. While I'm not a fan of all the sets either, maybe you just have a special taste Fencers?

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    In what way are those unique Fencers? They look like generic Asian style armors.
    You see a lot of 70s glam/David Bowie styled armors in your MMOs vs. spiky armor w/ winged shoulders/helms?

Please link the T. Rex MMO that I may enjoy it also.

I saw them. Found them all unappealing and rather generic.
    Generic? Are you high?! smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa now, this is not anything I claimed.
    Sorry if I implied that was a quote from you, it isn't! It's just a quote I remember stumbling upon that was said years and years ago about life and how in reality, nothing is truly original.

But, I'm with everyone else. Those armors look, in my opinion, like horribly stereotypical asian-esque armor sets. They look like they belong on a runway, not on a battlefield. Especially the last one. Pretty sure I've seen something like that on TV when I was with my girlfriend.

There's a reason you see spiky armor w/ winged shoulders/helms in games like this. It makes sense, it's loosely historical (for the most part), and it looks like it belongs in a war.

I don't get why anyone would want to run around looking like David Bowie in a videogame.

Edit: Also, the armor I was referring to was the Asura one. Dredge, I believe.
    Last edited by Klazmaunt; 2012-04-30 at 11:32 PM.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

More stylish. The attention to patterns, the flared 70s look for men, the striking asymmetry & lines on the female armor. Actual fidelity in those layers and patterns.
    You mean more homosexual? The armor on that dude is just... not right.

If Tera is like that, I'm definitely glad I'm not participating in a game like that.
    Last edited by Babytaco; 2012-04-30 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    Sorry if I implied that was a quote from you, it isn't! It's just a quote I remember stumbling upon that was said years and years ago about life and how in reality, nothing is truly original.
    Umhm. I just am not concerned with that to be honest. Prefer to look stylist and fashionable.

But, I'm with everyone else. Those armors look, in my opinion, like horribly stereotypical asian-esque armor sets. They look like they belong on a runway, not on a battlefield. Especially the last one.
    That's exactly how I prefer armor to look in games. I never wear battle armor sets in MMOs when possible. That sort of aesthetic is a major turn off in most cases.

If I had an interest in flaming skull shoulderpads or spiked kneepads perhaps I might be over the moon about such armors. I clearly am not.

I don't get why anyone would want to run around looking like David Bowie in a videogame.
    Have no idea why anyone would want a skull on their crotch or eagle wings on their head. ;D

Also, the armor I was referring to was the Asura one. Dredge, I believe.
    Ah, that looked like Dwarven armor to me. In-game with the geometrical patterns had a similar flavor as Hammerknell gear or that set from the adventure dungeons in EQ. Also, terribly ugly.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-05-01 at 01:08 AM.

What you people arguing with Fencers don't seem to understand is that nobody is saying that these armour sets are objectively bad, they are just ones that Fencers does not like.
    Personally I'll take spikes, fire and steel-skull-shoulderpads twice the size of my head over armour that looks basically like fancy clothes any day but people trying to tell Fencers that she's wrong somehow for liking the armour she likes and disliking armour that she doesn't like are really wasting their time.
    You are making an issue over something entirely subjective, there is no right or wrong! She is simply saying that she doesn't like the armour styles currently on display, you are all trying to persuade her that she is somehow making a mistake. The latter is clearly complete nonsense, only she can know what she likes!

Quote Originally Posted by Babytaco View Post
    You mean more homosexual? The armor on that dude is just... not right.
    The homophobia is especially unecessary!

The Twilight Arbor set is my favourite from those on display but it's a shame there were no pictures of light armour, as I'm going to be maining Necromancer.
    Guess I will just have to wait and see

Guys, obviously Fencers has a different opinion than you do (which seems to be a trend), and he's welcome to it. I think weird, out-of-place, and wildly impractical looks are enjoyable. But in this game, I don't think they have a place, at least not for combat armor. I like my MMOs to have semi realistic armor, as in something that serves a purpose, defends vitals, looks like the material that armor class should be made of. Because of this, I love GW2's art style, because, while derivative, it does it's own take on it, and has fantastic themes (another important thing imo for armor). I dislike Tera's armors for the most part because of the style; yea their imaginative somewhat, and they are very odd within the setting of the game, but it just doesn't fit for someone who spends his/her life fighting monsters and junk. GW2 does well with it's fantasy setting, extremely well, and they continue that with their armor designs.

Oh look, someone said they didnt like something as an opinion, and people jump on him. I'm surprised (not really).

Quit being fanboi's

OT: WTB Nightmare Armor.