Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    What the.....?

Where did Arenanet hire it's art department? these armorsets all look like they whre drawn by some random 5 year old kid....

Deleted
    People need to remember that those armor sets clearly aren't the explorable mode sets. Think back to when you created your character - the armor that got previewed there looks 10x more awesome than any of the sets in the OP. Speaking for myself, I saw some charr NPCs wearing armor sets that looked ridiculously cool and I'm sure they will be available to players. These are 'easy/normal' mode drops, and like any MMO, they don't look very prestigious because... well, they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Really have to let it go this idea I am insisting the art style of other games be imported into GW2.

I am saying I find what armor is in GW2 to be ugly.
    I will second that in saying that I as well find gw2 armors extremely unappealing. They seem too plain, even the later ones, with a plastic feel towards it. And the pvp armors that come in play while in 5v5's look like Neverwinter Nights 2 imports or something. All in all, disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I wanna see a Sylvari in the Inquest set. Looks cool. I like the plate sets too because they look like functional armor.. No fire pits in the shoulders or anything. The koda set btw is not a plate dress, it's metal shoulders gloves boots and probably pants with a very cloth coat over it.. it has a fold in the fabric and everything.
    Last edited by Nitsuj; 2012-05-07 at 12:24 PM.
    WoW Hunter WarriorPaladin Death Knight
    D3 Crusader
    Gw2 Lvl 80 Dragon Hunter, Lvl 80 Warrior, Lvl 80 Revenant
    Bnet GrapeSoda#1671
    Gw2 GrapeSoda.5980
    Hit me up, let's play.

Deleted
    It's a shame we'll have to wait for players to obtain them to see them with different dyes.

Fencers, i'm not going to say anything bad about your taste because it's your opinion and nothing more, but i personally don't find that the tera outfits you've linked look like real armor. Like, i can't imagine a warrior running around with those clothes and being a warrior. They look like the armor i would see a mesmer or elementalists in GW1. Im guessing you loved mesmer armor in GW1 because they had this unique outfit armor they would wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Fencers, i'm not going to say anything bad about your taste because it's your opinion and nothing more, but i personally don't find that the tera outfits you've linked look like real armor.
    Most of what she's linked has been light armor. http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/774/lickset.jpg doesn't look like armor..? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Most of what she's linked has been light armor. http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/774/lickset.jpg doesn't look like armor..? o.O
    She didn't link that in fact she said its and ugly pos.

I can see people thinking its ugly but calling the artwork/design bad is just folly. Arena nets art team is fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    What the.....?

Where did Arenanet hire it's art department? these armorsets all look like they whre drawn by some random 5 year old kid....
    Seems a bit harsh tbh.

I genuinely like the designs. They're unique and simplistic. I honestly enjoy modest designs over the extravagant Tera and WoW armors.

Too bad the screenshots are in such a low, terribly quality. It doesn't do any of it justice.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Dear Fencers. You are charged with spreading blasphemy about our all holy GW2 with your ideals and opinions. This is not America, this is the internet, where you are not allowed self opinions that do not follow our holy guidelines of thinking. This heresy must be put to a stop. I hereby sentence you to death by flaming.

May anet have mercy on your soul.

OT: I like the Nightmare Armor. Commando armor looks kinda dumb to me.

Yeah, I said it.

Deleted
    Bumping.
    boards.4chan.org/vg/res/5645246
    if someone wants to save (before the thread 404's) and reupload, there are like 40 pics of different armors.
    I would do it myself but I'm browsing from phone and it takes several hours to download them all.

Have to admit, I thought this armor looks really cool.

That looks neat. Not crazy about the head though.

Deleted
    I don't really mind too much if a lot of the armour is ugly. Someone a couple of pages ago commented about the pvp sets looking like an import of Neverwinter Nights 2 sets. I actually loved the NWN 2 designs, they actually felt like something an actual soldier would wear. A lot of the time, armour was functional rather than "pretty" and it's a breath of fresh air.

For pretty stuff, well that's why we have town clothes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Bumping.
    boards.4chan.org/vg/res/5645246
    if someone wants to save (before the thread 404's) and reupload, there are like 40 pics of different armors.
    I would do it myself but I'm browsing from phone and it takes several hours to download them all.
    Great find. I've taken the time to compile an album of all the good images. Hope you guys like it: http://imgur.com/a/CRVBP#0

thanks, I'm working on it

most of them
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-05-16 at 05:28 AM.

I like the one that looks like it's made out of a golem's 'skin'. The rocky one. Wonder how it would look on a Charr..

Deleted
    Phew thanks Maarius.

finally, these are the perfect example how a good coloring makes them look really nice. Asura look great in plate.

Quote Originally Posted by cynik View Post
    Have to admit, I thought this armor looks really cool.

Really loving this. Reminds me a lot of the Luxon armor from GW1 looks like medium too so i can get it on my ranger or engy