Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    You do realize that the missions actually have a credit cost associated to them right ...
    only when you send companions out on missions. The mats I put on the GTN are just what I pick up scavenging nodes, or from scavenging droids in FPs/Ops, ergo, they have no cost to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    only when you send companions out on missions. The mats I put on the GTN are just what I pick up scavenging nodes, or from scavenging droids in FPs/Ops, ergo, they have no cost to me.
    The time it takes you to gather them, either way, what I was talking about was the GTN base price which is so low that it doesn't make sense no matter how you look at it, I just now picked up 14 Advanced Neural things for making augments @ 11k, they sell on that server for 20k+ each.

The time it takes you to gather them, either way, what I was talking about was the GTN base price which is so low that it doesn't make sense no matter how you look at it, I just now picked up 14 Advanced Neural things for making augments @ 11k, they sell on that server for 20k+ each.
    2.5sec isn't much time. 5seconds tops if I send my pet to a node. I really don't think that's worth 20k, no matter the "market" value.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day, I wouldn't consider them stupid. I think they just don't care. If it means ridding it from their inventory, then they've done what they need to do. Besides, the dailies make more than enough bank if you do all of them and do that everyday you're looking at a lot of credits.

I only play to raid, not make money or do dailies here. If I need money to repair after doing a raid and don't have money I'll go do dailies then and only then. Dailies are just really a chore. I'm at 700,000 credits right now and I haven't done dailies more than once in the past two weeks. lol
    Last edited by Height; 2012-04-30 at 04:13 AM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

2.5sec isn't much time. 5seconds tops if I send my pet to a node. I really don't think that's worth 20k, no matter the "market" value.
    It isn't much time sure but if you don't care about making credits from them in the first place why even bother, you would save your self 5 seconds per node instead, I'm quite sure I'll never get that mindset as it makes absolutely no sense.

Doesn't really matter what you think, they are worth that as people pay as much for them, you can sell them for less obviously but it most likely that you are just giving some one like me the difference between what you put it up for and what the market values them at, not quite sure the guy I got those 14 Neurals from wanted to give away 270k credits.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-04-30 at 04:21 AM.

It isn't much time sure but if you don't care about making credits from them in the first place why even bother, you would save your self 5 seconds per node instead, I'm quite sure I'll never get that mindset as it makes absolutely no sense.

Doesn't really matter what you think, they are worth that as people pay as much for them, you can sell them for less obviously but it most likely that you are just giving some one like me the difference between what you put it up for and what the market values them at, not quite sure the guy I got those 14 Neurals from wanted to give away 270k credits.
    I'll gather every node I see, hold unto the mats in case someone needs something made, and after some time if nobody does and Im just tired of seeing them in my bags then I sell them on the GTN.

usually if something is base price, I'll buy it immediately, even if I dont need it at the moment. Most of the time buying something at base price is cheaper then getting it yourself with a crew skill and waiting 30 minutes.

For crafting stuff I check the current prices and lowball it by about 100-500 credits per unit.

If it's schematics, blue armor/weapons or blue mods I typically go with the GTN-suggested prices. A lot of times it's hard to find what the market price for the schematics and such are because typically any auction I put up will be the only price point I have for that item (too many unique names). When I tried to guess the prices based on similar item levels/type, I found it really was not worth my time as they never sold.

When dealing with crafting materials, where the items are routinely traded it's easy.

If the OP wants to brag about the "easy money" he gets from lazy GTN sellers, more power to him. He deserves the credits he earns due to all the extra time he spends researching the GTN that I do not. I'd rather just get rid of my crap in under five minutes at the end of a playing session. If someone is making a killing reposting my lowball auctions for the items I don't research, I'm happy that my laziness provided them some income.

Deleted
    Isn't GTN price 2x vendor price essentially?

And it's not unlike wow at the start, people not understanding the value of crafting material or items.

Although I'm max Synth/Arch/Treasure, I found a stack of 99 Terenthium on for 8k. Was able to resell for 120k (And even that IMO is underpriced, but no-one was taking at 200k or 150k)

Here's the thing: I could either vendor this crap or I could put it on the GTN. I would vendor it but I put it on the GTN on the off chance it sells for more. I am happy to get the vendor price and I don't care enough to research to find out what the going price is on my server. I'm not the idiot paying $15 a month to sit infront of a fake computer pretending to make fake money. I have better things to do.

Don't call people names, starting a fight is not a good idea. ~Rag
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-04-30 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    I'm not the idiot paying $15 a month to sit infront of a fake computer pretending to make fake money. I have better things to do.
    Just an idiot paying $15 a month to sit in front of a real computer playing pretend space hero then...better things to do is subjective you know.

Had to be done, please don't hurt me o kind mods.

I know he started it, but you don't have to insult him to finish it. Report and move on. ~Rag
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-04-30 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    Snagged a Custom Augmented lightsaber for 3k - true story.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll gather every node I see, hold unto the mats in case someone needs something made, and after some time if nobody does and Im just tired of seeing them in my bags then I sell them on the GTN.
    QFT. After being an herbalist in WoW for 7 years, I'm programmed to loot any node that pops up. The first biochem I played where I realized it was herbalism and skinning combined about gave me a seizure. I can't even level that character without going a.d.d and looting 100 nodes.

Then I'm on the fleet and I am confronted with my packrattery, which I also picked up from WoW.

Sometimes that junk just has to go and I don't want to spend a 3 hour session researching prices. When it comes to high level crafting mats or 'special gear', then yes I will do my homework.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-04-30 at 02:46 PM. Reason: lotting, lol

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is the same tired argument from WOW: profit opportunity versus quick sell. Both parties benefit in their own way, so really... there's no need to argue. Nobody's an "idiot" or a "fool" for throwing up a common item for a low buyout because that action has a specific purpose. And if you're willing to buy it and relist it for whatever you think it's worth... then congratulations, you are the target market.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    This is the same tired argument from WOW: profit opportunity versus quick sell. Both parties benefit in their own way, so really... there's no need to argue. Nobody's an "idiot" or a "fool" for throwing up a common item for a low buyout because that action has a specific purpose. And if you're willing to buy it and relist it for whatever you think it's worth... then congratulations, you are the target market.
    This is different. People in WoW that do this arent selling at vendor prices. While they might be selling for a lot lower than the next guy they arent practically giving it away. The people in ToR I think are assuming the GTN prices you out to undercut the next guy because they are used to WoW's AH system.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no credit-dump once you hit the cap and anything which is considered a dump (modifications, speeders, VIP bracelet etc...) can all be acquired in little to no time and because of this, prices will continue to get higher and higher even on the most trivial materials.

I suspect that in some cases, it can be a player who has a mountain of wealth and is just dropping their left over grinding material but in most cases, it's relying on the auto-price listing which is really a bad idea.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    wut?

Legacy is a massive, gargantuan credit dump.

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    This is different. People in WoW that do this arent selling at vendor prices. While they might be selling for a lot lower than the next guy they arent practically giving it away. The people in ToR I think are assuming the GTN prices you out to undercut the next guy because they are used to WoW's AH system.
    You're assuming a lot, and no... it's really not any different. At all.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

People in WoW that do this arent selling at vendor prices.
    Tell that to my Auctioneer addon that I used to scan the AH for items listed under the vendor price. Made a decent buck by doing that when I still played WoW. No major amounts, but still easily more then randomly grinding mobs and it only took 1-2 minutes each day.

I do the same in TOR, only manually and just relisting it. I make more money by doing this than actually crafting and selling (mostly because I don't want to put in any effort though ).

WoW's default ah doesn't undercut, it defaults to a low price like swtor. I used to run with auctioneer, so I got used to it auto-undercutting as long as a kept it updated, now being I have no add ons when I play I actually have to set all prices myself or it posts epic gems for something like a gold and change.