Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    No mention of a campaign, so I assume they still haven't added one? I liked the first one, that was the only disappointing bit because the story looked interesting but they really didn't do anything with it outside of the intro.
    Not yet, however the first trailer for this game strongly hinted that there's more to come on that. One of the devs was interviewed as well recently and was asked a question about what is chasing the Vasari. He didn't want to talk about it just yet.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 01:58 AM ----------

Just finished a 7-hour game as TEC Loyalists vs 4 Hard AIs. Damn, that was insane. I was in doubt several times whether I'd make it or not, but the infighting among the other factions proved to be their undoing. Ended up getting 5 achievements for wiping them all out. ^^

Is the AI challenging enough to provide long-time staying power for someone who is interested in single player only?

I don't remember much of the first one, but I think the AI there wasn't all that impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Is the AI challenging enough to provide long-time staying power for someone who is interested in single player only?

I don't remember much of the first one, but I think the AI there wasn't all that impressive.
    It has definitely improved. It pulled some advanced tactics on me last night. Fighting some fleet and then getting flanked by another 300+ supply fleet had me panicking for a bit.

And it's evil too. If you're playing against more than one AI, the others sometimes try to wait until you're busy with someone else before they hit you. Beating them really felt like an accomplishment.