Deleted

Rogue or DK for random BG?

Hi there,
    I want a new melee char for random BG PVP. At the moment I have the most fun with a DK and Rogue, the problem is that I don't have much time and must focus on one of them. My question now is, which one is doing better when I randomly join BGs. Thank you in advance for your help, than I will know which one I level to 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue if you have legendaries and vial

Deleted
    rogues , the amount of fun u can have in random bgs is tooo damn high
    Last edited by mmoc27b118cff9; 2012-04-29 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flowa View Post
    rogues , the amount of fun u can have in random bgs with tooo damn high
    This. The only problem is once you play a Rogue you find it impossible to enjoy playing other classes. At least that is how it was for me. It feels like a massive downgrade anytime I try to PVP as an Unholy or Frost DK after playing a Sub Rogue. lol.

Both. If you are in the mood to go balls to the wall: play your Frost DK. If you are in the mood to be the biggest A-hole you can be (and I mean this in a positive and totally complimentary way) play your Rogue.

If you play your Frost DK: stay the hell away from Rogues.

If you play your Rogue: stay the hell away from UH DK's

Quote Originally Posted by Anthraxxxis View Post
    Both. If you are in the mood to go balls to the wall: play your Frost DK. If you are in the mood to be the biggest A-hole you can be (and I mean this in a positive and totally complimentary way) play your Rogue.

If you play your Frost DK: stay the hell away from Rogues.

If you play your Rogue: stay the hell away from UH DK's
    UH DK's Necrotic Strike can be terrifying in the Arenas, but 1v1, I find I generally faceroll UH DK almost as easily as I faceroll Frost. When 4.3 came out one of my friends (2K+ exp DK) switched from Frost to Unholy, hoping that he could finally beat me in a duel, and still never gets me below 50% health even when I don't open with stealth or anything lol.

This same DK usually destroys ranged classes that can give me a lot of trouble though, so it evens out in some ways.
    Last edited by Jersovic; 2012-04-29 at 03:52 PM.

Deleted
    Hey,
    thank you all so far. So it seems that a Rogue would be the better choice. But I have another question. Which of the two classes depends more on gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Samoro View Post
    Hey,
    thank you all so far. So it seems that a Rogue would be the better choice. But I have another question. Which of the two classes depends more on gear?
    DK depends more on gear compared to rogue simply because rogues have great survavilability and the chance to pick what/when to attack whereas a dk will just be pinned until he kills or dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    DK depends more on gear compared to rogue simply because rogues have great survavilability and the chance to pick what/when to attack whereas a dk will just be pinned until he kills or dies.
    This! A rogue can literally "pick and choose" his fights in a Battle Ground. You could literally only come out of stealth to pick off a wounded or weak character. Also Rogues basically get free 397 weapons (Phase 1 of Legendaries). If you grind Conquest to get a 397 weapon it will take probably around 2 months before you finally can get one. :P Rogue basically just has to do the beginning of his Legendary quest and he is good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samoro View Post
    Hey,
    Both are equally dependent on gear, but the Rogue has easier access to the necessary gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    Go DK and specc Blood, muwhaha!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    This! A rogue can literally "pick and choose" his fights in a Battle Ground. You could literally only come out of stealth to pick off a wounded or weak character. Also Rogues basically get free 397 weapons (Phase 1 of Legendaries). If you grind Conquest to get a 397 weapon it will take probably around 2 months before you finally can get one. :P Rogue basically just has to do the beginning of his Legendary quest and he is good to go.

Free if you are willing to spend 10k+ :P

Depends on what you expect from it. Rogues are strong at the moment because it's endgame content. It's a fact that rogues suck at the beginning of an expansion, they catch up near the endgame content. So if you want to have fun until MoP hits, i would say stick to rogue. If you want to PvP in MoP than you should definitely stick to DK. Rogues won't get much exciting abilities with MoP and they are getting to gutted pretty hard. It's up to you, you will have fun with you rogue when T15-T16 hits and most of the problems rogues have got bandaided until then.

Deleted
    Thank you all so far. Can you tell me more about the free 397 weapons? o:O

Legendary stage one quest daggers.

You just need to pick pocket normal mode hagara and a few simple quests and spend 10K gold and you get the stage 1 legendaries.