Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I actually think that Assassination is in a pretty good place, mechanics-wise. The only thing that's awkward about it the high energy cost of Mutilate. It leads to certain situations where the rogue is pretty much unable to act. But apart from that - it makes sense, it's fluid, it's not overcomplicated, I find it fun.

Subtlety is also pretty interesting. I think it suffers from the same flaws like some other classes since Cata. Too complicated, to messy. Too many buttons. Too distracting. There's nothing wrong with "simple" mechanics as long as it isn't dumb and plain boring. Simple is effective, simple has the potential for great improvement and perfection. I think they clearly over-complicated several specs in Cata. Warlocks are a goddamn MESS, totally ridiculous. The prot warrior is overladen and unnecessarily fiddly.

The only rogue spec that in my opinion is a bit shallow and a bit too repetitive is combat. There's really not much to it. Not because you're not pushing 12-18 buttons all the time, but because there's no particularly dynamic coherence to it.
    I personally find Assassination the most boring to play. It has very little depth - the same as combat - but you have about three times as long to figure out your next move.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    I wont mind as long as they dont change the way Subtlety operates, one thing they COULD improve is Hemo though, I find it a bit silly that a talent tree talent is useless :/
    Concerning MoP though I welcome the changes and hope to enjoy them!

P.S - As long as its harder to use ( which its not ) then Assassination and Combat I'll still be happy

Ninja Edit! I Wish that Eviscerate would hit harder and maybe give it a buff when used ( example - reduce % of enemy's armor for 2 - 6s )
    Last edited by Silent; 2012-04-30 at 02:32 PM.

i dont think blizzard will change rogues the way they work maybe looks fine to them so why change a working class all they do is give passive aura and maybe change 2-3 spells but rotation is always the same build combo points then use finisher no so much room 4 creativity personaly i like the concept of chi system even if its almost the same as combo point system i like the way chi builds up on the character not on the target i would love to see this 4 rogues too this would leave a lot of room 4 creativity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashiketsu View Post
    Huh? Rogues are boring? When did this happen? Here I've leveled two rogues to 80+ and you're telling me rogues are *boring*? You say "players" but do you actually mean "one of *my* chief complaints"?
    Funny, you got so defensive about rogues you missed the key part of the sentence. Here I will spell it out for you: One of the chief complaints players made when citing why they didn't play the Rogue class.

Read before you rip someone's head off.

OT: I don't play my rogue cos I hate standing around pressing nothing, since I'm used to pressing something constantly from playing a hunter.

Deleted
    I love my rogue and i'm looking forward to MoP.
    Many players complain about rogues being boring and dull but on the other hand they want combo points not being built on the target but on the rogue. this would make rogue-rotations even more "simple". i like the combo point system as it is. e.g. it makes you think about when to change targets etc.
    i liked the interaction of energy and combo points as assassination. building CP, pooling energy, finish. for me resource-systems like rage on the warrior or mana on casters are much more boring.

i personally don'ts care about the exact numbers atm. just watch some MoP videos on youtube. fire mages hit for 70k whereas destro warlocks' chaosbolt hits for 300k...

blizzard really adressed lots of problems rogues had. they improved target-switching, aoe, gave us another dps-cd, a new gab-closer, raidutility...

i dont want blizzard to change my class, because i like it the way it is. if someone wants a complete overhaul, it might be better to simply reroll. nothing bad about it. it's normal that if you have been playing the same class for 5 years now, that you might want something different now...

How can you make the rotations even more simple than they are now in the beta?
    It's not about the dullness of the rotations really, it's more like people were looking forward to something new and basically all we got was an extra dps cooldown. Sub was totally gutted and plays exactly like combat right now which is lame. Probably combat has the only dps cooldown that can kill you (yes I'm talking about you Killing Spree). Instead of making it less situational, what did they do? They made it last longer so you can die more often now...And you should be caring about exact numbers. Sure it's not that big of a problem for mages or locks to have a few not yet tuned abilities, but rogues currently have everything like that which is a problem.

Been messing around with my rogue on beta, gotta say not many complaints here. It's got me very excited for Pandaria and rogues overall.... Personally not a fan of the new talent system at all... Can't fine tune or tweak it down to the last point like we currently do. Boring.... Wish they'd scrap it.

I do like being able to use prep/shadowstep in any spec though.
    Last edited by Mechanima; 2012-04-30 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    well, for me, it's nice to be able to use our new CD with AR and KS. it's also great to usw shadowstep as combat now.
    people always complain about having too less new abilities.
    - new poison system
    - great new aoe
    - fok reworked
    - new dps cd
    - 3 new nice lvl-90 talents
    - dispatch + procc as assassination
    - many new cool glyphes
    - new utility poisons
    - raidwide aura

could go on... not to forget that they made us even more "tricky". boss fights are not always just doing your rotation. sometimes you have to stun/slow adds (utility poisons), survive some boss mechanics like ultraxion aoe or valiona and theralion (certain sub speccs or cos or feint) etc. these are things which make me enjoy playing my rogue. and with mop you even got more utility...
    think it's senseless to argue about that. only thing i want to say is, that it's simply not true that everything we get is dps CD...
    Last edited by mmoc303fd414fb; 2012-04-30 at 09:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I played a bit of the beta on my friends account and I have to say I wasn't very impressed by the changes. I pretty much play the game for the pvp and from that end it feels like we got castrated. Shs no longer increases the damage of the next attack, and the speed boost is 2 seconds down from 3 (why even bother with such a minor change?). Then there's the whole prep being on the same tier as shs. Also there's no more double smoke bombs so in arenas you basically get one chance per 3 mins.

Also it feels like finishers and cbp builders aren't doing very much damage so it's going to be hard to burst even with Anticipation come lvl 90.

And finally we have a 3 min vanish and Blizzard doesn't seem to be making any moves to bring it back down to 2 mins.

Seems like we really got gutted in the pvp department and about the only thing I can say for pve is that it's good we got an aoe rotation, and that mutilate now has a proc, but not much else has changed there. I feel like playing the rogue on beta was quite boring with nothing really awesome that got me excited. When cata launched I was really happy with our changes from a pvp perspective...we had smoke bomb, combat readiness, recuperate, sub came back into viability in pvp, and resil changes made crit valuable again, and the increased health pools made fights last. Everything was perfect at the beginning of cata for rogue pvp. I feel like that's the natural order where we start out really strong and then gradually get nerfed. Instead we're going to start out fairly weak if MoP were to be released tomorrow.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2012-04-30 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    I personally never thought rogues were boring when I still played!

As someone with a legendary rogue alt I look forward to make rogue my priority alt char in MOP still.

Sucks that the Glyph of Disguise got castrated thou

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    As someone with a legendary rogue alt I look forward to make rogue my priority alt char in MOP still.

Sucks that the Glyph of Disguise got castrated thou
    Your legendary won't help you in MoP, you will exchange it with blue weapons at ~ Level 87... What will you do than? You will get bored really fast...

Every single rogue spec is boring as shit to play IMO, I don't even play my rogue anymore.... so fuckin' boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    I personally never thought rogues were boring when I still played!
    the sentence you typed implies that you don't play rogue anymore, and the logical question is then: why did you stop playin it?

OT: while many of the changes are Quality of life changes, I think the rogue class has got potential in MoP.
    The big question is if that potential will be brought into practice. 75% passive damage and yellow attacks hitting for shit looks worrying to me, but it is something that can stil be finetuned.

For raiding rogues, MoP shows a lot more new things than what we had for Cata. (smokebomb not very useful, redirect on a cooldown that was actually too long to be effective, and bandits guile being a major pain when target swapping)

I'd rather see us being on top for the first tier for once, instead of starting poor every expansion.

I guess that was the biggest problem: no new players start a class that is poor in a new expansion.

Ps: why are people so upset about that disguise glyph? it is nothing more than a fun side thing, and doesn't make any difference in gameplay. I don't think that glyph will bring new players to the class.
    Last edited by mmoc7f082fdd70; 2012-05-01 at 02:56 PM.

With the Sanguinary Vein change I know sub will be a lot more fun target switching in pve and pvp.....

Who comes up with this shit to just make rogues worse and worse every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogaeu View Post
    well, for me, it's nice to be able to use our new CD with AR and KS. it's also great to usw shadowstep as combat now.
    people always complain about having too less new abilities.
    - new poison system
    - great new aoe
    - fok reworked
    - new dps cd
    - 3 new nice lvl-90 talents
    - dispatch + procc as assassination
    - many new cool glyphes
    - new utility poisons
    - raidwide aura

could go on... not to forget that they made us even more "tricky". boss fights are not always just doing your rotation. sometimes you have to stun/slow adds (utility poisons), survive some boss mechanics like ultraxion aoe or valiona and theralion (certain sub speccs or cos or feint) etc. these are things which make me enjoy playing my rogue. and with mop you even got more utility...
    think it's senseless to argue about that. only thing i want to say is, that it's simply not true that everything we get is dps CD...
    Wish everything we got was a dps cd . We already had slowing poison but leeching is a nice addition, the stunning one is way too situational, already had cos and feint so nothing new there. Now rotation wise, yes dispatch + proc is nice for assa, for combat practically nothing changed you just have to use rs less often now, and sub's rotation got gutted.
    Most rogues, me included don't want any more utility, we would like to have fun new dps skills.
    The lvl 90 talents, I dunno. Unless there will be tons of flight phase or add switching fights, you will be prefering the cp gathering one (forgot name soz).

Yes I partly agree with you that we got a few things but most of these were Quality of Life changes as one of the posters stated. Nothing new that makes your blood boil or get you really excited.
    Now if let's say combat could dual-wield 2 slow weapons effectively...

Deleted
    yes, i know what you mean. it's not that i disagree with you, of course it would be nice if we got some new thrilling thing which make e.g. combat more interesting. but i prefer a class which feels "complete" instead of a class with lots of cool spells which feels clunky when beeing played. e.g. yesterday i played my enhancer in DS again and it feels soooo clunky compared to rogue... searing totem, bad dps cds (if you want to count feral spirits as a dps cd), totem replacements... it simply doesnt feel smooth...

of course some classes got some extra love (e.g. druids, shamans and warlocks) but they really had to be redesigned. warlock feels copious as hell and druids had to be overhauled as e.g. their feral tree will be splitted into guardian and feral.
    but looking at other classes (e.g. warrior, dk, hunter,...) they didn't get that much new crazy things as well. so i guess the intention with the new talent SYSTEM was not to introduce tons of new talents but to simply pick the good ones we already had and put them into the new frame. i think in doing so they did a good job cuz it solved lot's of problems.

but i guess it's still early beta and they introduce/change/delete talents all the time. so maybe we get something new. i wouldn't be too disappointed about the current state.

Levelling my rogue at the moment (68 full heirlooms to skip WotlK lol ) and even now I enjoy it.

I haven't looked much into Rogues in MoP but my friend told me Mut / Sub has been re-worked for PvE and I am very excited.

MoP should be an enjoyable expansion, for me at least

As is, probably not.

I think they need to do a thorough pass of talents, glyphs, and skills though. Lots of loose ends they need to tie up. Not sure what they are trying to do with Sub though because they are repeating mistakes that they had rectified already.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Levelling my rogue at the moment (68 full heirlooms to skip WotlK lol ) and even now I enjoy it.

I haven't looked much into Rogues in MoP but my friend told me Mut / Sub has been re-worked for PvE and I am very excited.

MoP should be an enjoyable expansion, for me at least
    exactly the same - except i'm level 54 now... leveling as assassination, and it's a blast