Deleted

Managing 2 Different UI's on 1 Account?

Hey guys

I have 1 healer and 1 dps on my account.

I wanted to know the best way to keep the 2 UI separate, i want the same keybinds and looks but obviously healers need different addons i wont want on my other account and vice versa.

So i just have to throw 2 UIs worth of addons into my interface then manually disable the ones I dont need on each character?

Thanks

Deleted
    Well you could always go and try to get some addons that are actualy useable for both healing and DPS. Most Addons support profiles for specific characters or the creation of templates which you could re-use for other toons.
    If you want completely different addons for healing and dps, well I don't think there is any other possibility than manually enabling/disabling them for every character.

From the character selection screen hit the AddOns button. At the top left you should see "Configure AddOns For:" use the drop-down menu to select which AddOns are enabled on a per character basis. As a side note, the default selection is "all". Using profile features in AddOns also works.

10+ Year Old Account
    there's an addon (i forgot it's name :P) that lets you change ui as you change spec, i stopped using it when i stopped playing my healing chars seriously

Addon Control Panel with 2 different saved profiles with different Addons. Also alot of addons have profiles that can be setup for different specs.

Basically what spoofy cow said.
    You can change most AddOn settings per character as they create a profile for that specific character. Those profiles are interchangeable.
    And you can choose what AddOns to load for which character.
    As far as keybinds go, you can (un)tick the box to make them not character-specific, to make them the same over your entire account.

One option would be to use Reflux, which can via a slash command load addons and specific profiles.
    But it is hit or miss with non-ace addons, and some may require setting up again after creation of a profile.
    Heard good things, but not used myself.

Deleted
    Code:
    /reflux snapshot UI_One
    To save the UI

Code:
    /reflux switch UI_One
    To switch current UI to saved one.

I use ELVUI for that, you can customize two UI's and it will switch Layouts for you based on Spec.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's another way, and far superior, in my opinion.

I used Command prompt to create a folder link for "Data" to my original wow folder, but i can't find the guide, and I cannot remember what exactly to type.

You will have two wow folders, one named World of Warcraft, and the other named something else (I used "Wow 2nd addon package" as an example below).

It's something like
    mklink "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft/Data" "C:\Users\Public\Games\WoW 2nd addon package/Data"
    I don't think this is the entirely correct line, but if someone else can clarify this, they'd also help me loads!

After you have written the line in command prompt, you will get

This way, you would get two different folders, and you should copy paste all other folders/files EXCEPT the Data folder.
    However, using this approach means you will have to exit wow completely when switching characters.

EDIT: I just found the guide: http://fulksvslife.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/20/
    Enjoy.
    Last edited by elchali; 2012-04-30 at 02:35 PM.
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin