Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Yorsajh 25-man HEROIC

Just a quick question: My guild just switched from 10 to 25 man (lots of people returning from SWTOR and etc) and we're having issues with Yorsajh HC, but we (The tanks) are dying a lot and we're left wondering:

- Should we tank-swap at 2, 3 or 4 stacks? (we currently do 2)
    - How many people do you usually leave on the boss/mana void during ooze spawns?

Thanks!

2 stacks should be fine. We generally leave 3 on the boss. The main exception is when we have a black+yellow phase, which means we'll get a 2nd wave of black adds. We have those 3 follow us to the next globule so we can make sure it dies while we cleave down the second set of adds at the same time.

During what phases are the tanks dying?

Deleted
    Usually during tough purple combos or the death combo (red black yellow). We usually swap at 2~3 stacks but the damage is still insane.

For purple make sure your pallies are only cleave healing the tank. We use a disc priest or resto shaman primary healing the tanks but have pallies beaconing and priests prayer of mending the tanks as well to help out (these things don't add any stacks). They should focus on healing the tank via beacon heals spammed on pets. Red/yellow requires better cooldowns from your raid it seems. Very few healer CDs should be used outside of that combo so that they're available when they're really needed.

how many healers you running? what types? they know the tricks to heal during purple?
    what type of tanks you have?
    red black yellow use bloodlust. you get this combo when it's with green
    the other red black yellow purple you can kill yellow

Deleted
    We've been farming it on 10-man for months now, but as 25-man we're hitting a wall. And yes, we do bloodlust during death phases.

And the beacon thing, is it different in 25-man? Last I heard it did add stacks and the whole beacon-the-pet thing got fixed?

I'm no healer but during purple what I know is they can just use the greater healing spells and those that don't add stacks like WoG.

Still curious: Anybody knows the amount of stacks the tanks should be swapping?

2-3 is fine. are the stacks getting reset before the first tank takes it back? you could also 3 tank it if it's still a serious problem.
    beacon should still work.
    make sure tanks are actually MISSING hp before you cast a big heal.
    overhealing is pointless on this phase. make sure tanks are using CDs. Use spirit link if you have to.
    Last edited by bals; 2012-04-26 at 12:56 AM.

Our holy pallies used beaconing tanks + healing pets last night to heal it like they always do. Go look up all the tricks like this and tell them to your healers. To be even more specific, we generally keep both holy pallies assigned to heal melee groups during purple. Melee always seems to take less damage, leaving the pallies free to spam the heck out of pets to heal the tank.

Are your tanks using the Told Barad trinkets? If not you guys should HIGHLY consider using them as they will help with damage by quite a bit. You can even use the Heroic Sindragosa Trinket a long with the TB one but it shouldn't be needed.

Deleted
    Mctriple, we tried that in 10-man a few weeks ago and it was causing stacks.. You sure that still works in 25?

edit: yes, I use the TB trinket and the DP glyph too

do you have logs?
    could you answer my questions about the types of tanks and healers you use?
    both would be helpful.
    beacon works.

Deleted
    Might be able to provide logs later but:

2x Prot Paladin tanks
    1x Disc Priest
    2x Holy PRiest
    1x Resto Shaman
    1x Resto Druid
    1x Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    1/2/2/1 is the ideal 6-bolt rotation for tanking to completely minimize incoming damage. If you're really struggling, have your tanks use the +resist flasks. If you've got a cat in 4-piece, you can steal them in bear for ~30 seconds to pop a serious raid CD to survive either YRBlack or a bad purple phase.

The 25 I run with leaves only 3 on the boss and just dots the void on the way to the ooze, as DPSing it early could kill it if it wanders into the group for multiple black phases. Beaconing is perfectly safe, but putting non-pallies on the tanks and having the pallies heal a different group entirely, as mentioned above, is significantly more effective. Putting a resto shaman on spot-healing tanks is especially effective. If you're out of other options, have a holy priest go disc for an extra bubble and extra pain supp.

If you're COMPLETELY out of options, run with 3 tanks taunting for 1-1-1-1-1-1 stacks.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-04-26 at 07:42 AM.

Paladin beacons still work with purple phase afaik. We did this Tuesday night with the beacon heals backing up our resto shamans who were on tank duty. The beacon heals did not add stacks with beacon doing 700k heals to one one of our tanks and 670k to the other total. The only stacks the tank gained was from the shaman healing.
    Life Grip -Sargeras

Tanked it on my dk and warrior with a 3/3 split. Using mirror trinket on both, on my dk its just faceroll, on the warrior it can get a bit more tricky. Use either last stand or shieldwall on debuff 2 and mirror trinket on debuff 3. Think prot pallies can do something similar with rotating cds.

Leave 1-3 melee on the boss depending on how much dps you need for the ooze. And have ranged dotting up the void and switch to the ooze once it is in range, moving a little but not too much.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for all the tips. One last question: Do you assign just one healer to both tanks or do you assign one for each tank?

We killed it tuesday in 25-man with pallies beacon healing tanks off pets and again in our 10-man alt raid last night with a pally doing the same thing. It definitely still works. I also put shadow priests in our tank group, as VE healing doesn't add stacks.

To answer your latest question, we assign 1 healer for each group. Whichever healer is assigned to group 1, where we put both tanks, is healing both of the tanks and the others in the group (often 2 shadow priests which do a good bit of self and group healing). Usually we'll also have a shaman in group 1 with healing stream totem that doesn't add stacks either.

Though i tank in 10 man, i still would recommend Tol Barad trinket. It realy does help.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Just a quick question: My guild just switched from 10 to 25 man (lots of people returning from SWTOR and etc) and we're having issues with Yorsajh HC, but we (The tanks) are dying a lot and we're left wondering:

- Should we tank-swap at 2, 3 or 4 stacks? (we currently do 2)
    - How many people do you usually leave on the boss/mana void during ooze spawns?

Thanks!
    My Advice to you, is get competent healers. If you can't do this.. don't turn to 25 man.