10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.

Ally/Horde Faction Mounts, will they be BoA?

Hey, was just having a think about the whole idea of BoA mounts and have come across an interesting scenario...

Say we have 2 characters on an account, let's say a troll and an undead. The troll is the person's main, got a lot of nice mounts, but hasn't bothered to go and get the undead faction mounts by getting exalted. The undead alt, on the other hand, has just dinged 40 and purchased all the epic speed mounts for their faction, as well as having all the level 20 undead mounts too.

The question is, in this case, will the troll character get the undead mounts? Without having to even rep in the slightest with the Forsaken?

If yes, then this means that potentially, a character could get all of the Horde/Ally mounts simply by having alts of all the playable races in their faction levelled to 40+ purchase them instead.

So unlike other faction mounts that'd be BoA, like Netherwing, Wyrmrest etc etc which at least require some effort by at least ONE character repping, this would require relatively little - unless the main usually plays the same race, in which case, levelling one of each race to level 40 would take quite some time in total, even with the speedy levelling we have nowadays.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this potential situation? Do you think, given this, that Blizz will make them BoA when mounts are made BoA?

15+ Year Old Account
    Im assuming the BoA mounts will be the rare mounts/drop mounts.

I dont see a problem with that.. its not like getting exalted with the major citys is hard. As for Cross-Faction the mounts would just transfer over with the corresponding faction. (Human mounts->Orc mounts, Draenei->Blood elf, etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer that those who have all mounts for both factions on one account can use cross-faction mounts as they wish. Would make for more unique gameplay and RPing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Im assuming the BoA mounts will be the rare mounts/drop mounts.
    I doubt that. I figure if all achievements will be account wide, and all pets will be account wide, then all mounts will also be account wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as my sea turtle mount becomes account wide, I'm happy. Getting it on 1 character was rough enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    I would prefer that those who have all mounts for both factions on one account can use cross-faction mounts as they wish. Would make for more unique gameplay and RPing.
    You know, as cool as that would be, it really would make no sense from Blizzard's perspective. "Here, you know all those really iconic, faction-specific mounts we use for all our PR and advertising? The stuff players can identify with in seconds? Let's just open that up to everybody."
    I mean sure I'd like more options for mounts (not that I really need more at the moment :P) but it would really hurt the whole factional division they've been striving for so long. Plus it would also ruin the uniqueness of those few cross-factional mounts people have access to now, like the White Hawkstrider or Rivendare's Deatcharger. From all Alliance or Horde perspective, why bother farming that one special mount you can get when you could just roll up an alt and send it your way via the UI?

I really don't think it would add unique "gameplay," as mount choice has little to no effect on that, it's purely cosmetic, but for RPing it'd be interesting I guess, but it'd just end up being tons of "Oh I'm great and killed a bunch of Orcs, now I ride on one of their wolves I stole," stuff like that.

I'm assuming it will work that way, I mean, if a rare drop like ravenlord of white hawkstrider will be BoA, why not faction mounts? They take way less effort. Besides, the effort of leveling a different race to 40 just to get all the mounts would take the same amount of time to just run a few heroics with a faction tabard on.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I understand it, don't the faction mounts have a racial requirement attached to them? As in, "Requires: <any race on this faction>." If not, that will probably be added to them in Mists of Pandaria.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    As I understand it, don't the faction mounts have a racial requirement attached to them? As in, "Requires: <any race on this faction>." If not, that will probably be added to them in Mists of Pandaria.
    They dont.

but i would like to see some of my 130 mounts on my other charcs.... after u get it once its a real bitch to get it again
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Yeah if mounts are account-wide they will likely still require whatever rep that you need if they require rep. Therefore ally toons could never ride horde-only mounts because they don't have the rep required (and could never have the rep). Either that or they will just be tagged "Horde Only" or "Alliance Only".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn