Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had fun. We got our "Honor" or whatever up to about 230k before it ended.

Fun for a stress test.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphyjj View Post
    game became completely unplayable for me during this event, way to leave a bad taste in my mouth after thoroughly enjoying the demo :P Hope they fix their frigging servers
    What server were you on, I was on Darkhaven, it was completely playable in the overflow, and we hunted down moas with a viscous vengeance.

Haha, I saw some of the MMOC guild at the event. Was fun.

Shouldn't have even announced a final event. Hyped it up and it couldn't deliver. Foreshadowing GW2's future?

What do you mean it didn't deliver?

Seemed we all had a great time- chat was rolling, vent was full of laughs & screams, turn out was enormous, GMs were good humored.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    Shouldn't have even announced a final event. Hyped it up and it couldn't deliver. Foreshadowing GW2's future?
    I hope you weren't expecting some sort of super special scripted boss fight. Why would they waste development time on something that'll only happen once? Better to do the time tested GM-Spawns-Ultra-Powerful-Critters gag.

It was great fun, but my overflow server got DESTROYED at crossroads. We were fighting two moas, then a third comes charging through the gate, then a FOURTH comes down from the roof, and THEN the entire town got overrun by a regular event of attacking svaldir. We were never able to properly regroup after that.

I had more fun at a random event my group ran into at the frozen lake up North, than I did in the whole final event.

Edit: Don't know why they couldn't do what they've done in the past, where they summon a boss at Divinity Reach's upper level. I mean fuck, why not do something special with Lion's Arch?
    Last edited by Pandolfo; 2012-04-30 at 07:22 AM.

It was fun for a bit but I got tired of fighting the moas. Glad I used my Elementalist though, my warrior would have been torn apart (but then I would have probably just stuck to rifle since that thing packs a punch for 1 target).

Getting set on fire = guaranteed death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Not enough epicness for my taste.
    You should be glad they did something since this is not the end of the beta. There will be more beta weekends to come and I'm gonna guess that on the very last beta weekend they will have a bigger and more epic final beta event!

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Nope! I would always manage to barely survive the fire by spamming my healing elixer on myself right afterwards >.>

I'm really glad I came into that with rocket boost equipped on my engineer. As soon as they pulled me in, I would hit it and go FLYING a hundred feet backwards before the fire came up.

Hersh, the problem is, they've already done that! Even if it was a placeholder image with an NPC pulling a Deathwing and obeshots everyone in the zone as it goes by, that'd be cool. Gwen in Ascalon was creepy as sin. All the stuff they threw into Lion's Arch over the years...

As a stress test to push Overflow, it did well. It also proved just how brutal some things can scale on high pop servers (normal events wiping people out en masse, Maw was great). But for a "final event" to send it off for now (or "finale" if you prefer their term), a stress test on moas for 40 minutes was pretty unfulfilling.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

My necros heal could never heal me up enough

If there's something I learned from a dancing girl with a flute, randomly appearing inside Ascalon's ruins, yes, yes it does.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Hersh, the problem is, they've already done that! Even if it was a placeholder image with an NPC pulling a Deathwing and obeshots everyone in the zone as it goes by, that'd be cool. Gwen in Ascalon was creepy as sin. All the stuff they threw into Lion's Arch over the years...

As a stress test to push Overflow, it did well. It also proved just how brutal some things can scale on high pop servers (normal events wiping people out en masse, Maw was great). But for a "final event" to send it off for now (or "finale" if you prefer their term), a stress test on moas for 40 minutes was pretty unfulfilling.
    I can agree on that, but I was still really impressed how things handled. There was some computer-related struggles on my end when everybody was killing the legendary bunny, but there was no server lag at all. Very nice. And even so, when there were three moas at once while the area was also being overrun by a normal event scaled for 50+ players, it was a blast.

And I think Silza is likely right - this isn't the final beta weekend, so I'm willing to bet the last one will have a rather insane event. I would for sure be a bit sad if it didn't, just because it's a rare opportunity for the developers to go apeshit on their players with something crazy.

We had an ArenaNet rep playing with our mob in-game leading us around in a huge horde killing moas, it was actually a really fun time. Although as others have said, it did all end very anticlimactically.

Nah. I just rolled after the pull in and dropped the burn condition on my Warrior. Only entered the down state twice during the entire beta event. Dual Sword/Rifle, L18.

On my warrior I just kept using the greatsword, combined with bullrush and stomp to make sure they never got a return hit on me before I dash away. Made surviving events AMAZINGLY easier after I figured out that strategy. Swordthrow+charge, bullrush, thousand blades the shit out of everything, stomp to stun and knock everything back, then dodge and run like hell :P

Well, here's a video of said legendary white bunny. It gets really stuttery, really quickly.

Note: This link may not be active yet, youtube is taking it's own sweet time processing.

Deleted
    I enjoyed this event. Barely saw any bunny boss as it was covered in someone` flock of birds, my fire & half a tonne of particles ;p

The post bunny "Go kill critters" turned into a mass "Ooh, that thing moved/looked funny at me. KILL IT!"-fest.
    Dang, those critters were tough

Great beta weekend, completely enjoyed it. Didn`t think I`d like Charr, but the /cry alone more then made it worthwhile