Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

So - Are you happy you Pre-Purchased?

Pretty simple question.
    Are you happy you blindly pre-purchased a game?

I, myself, am extremely happy I pre purchased for myself and my sig other.
    How about you?

Unhappy. Wish I hadn't.

Bottomline is i'm not having fun. And it can be fixed (whatever I'm not having fun with) or it won't be fixed.

And if it doesn't, I probably won't have fun with it and it will have been a waste. Oh well, 60 bucks aren't life-changing.

meh Ive played before, but Im still unhappy with the clunky controls, mechanics and camera.

Yes, I'm very happy I pre-purchased.

Strange, I had not the slightest problem with the controls, mechanics and camera...

No regrets on pre-purchasing. Managed to get to lvl 24 which for the time I played isn't all that bad.

On to release

10+ Year Old Account
    Should add a poll. I'm happy I prepurchased. I spent the same on my last "MMORPG" and was bored a month later. This one might hold up better.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Should add a poll. I'm happy I prepurchased. I spent the same on my last "MMORPG" and was bored a month later. This one might hold up better.

ToR? hehe yeah, I remember you from the betaleaks (was it?) forums. Can't forget the one person that calls mmos, mumerpugers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the game quite a lot, the camera issues will probably be gone on launch (have to admit i kind of liked the camera tho, WoW's one is way too... rough?).
    Plus, it was just 60 bucks and no sub, totally payed off

It was quite interesting seeing this game not just as a regular MMORPG but a MMO-Action mixed-RPG, i beleive that's what makes most people hate/love the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    Pretty simple question.
    Are you happy you blindly pre-purchased a game?

I, myself, am extremely happy I pre purchased for myself and my sig other.
    How about you?
    Yes, I'm happy I did!
    On the other hand, I'm sad it'll probably be another 3-4 weeks before we get another beta event
    And even longer until game release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll tell you when it launches.

No, I'm satisfied with what I've seen; looking past optimization and latency issues. I do feel a sense of pride for being part of the testing process.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    Strange, I had not the slightest problem with the controls, mechanics and camera...

No regrets on pre-purchasing. Managed to get to lvl 24 which for the time I played isn't all that bad.

On to release
    Me neither, really. The only problems I had with it was caused by me sucking.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    YES.

Best mmo ive ever played.

Definitely happy I purchased. I just can't wait to play the finished product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very happy so far! Really hoping Sylvari are available for the next beta weekend though :<

The music, combat, difficulty, dynamic events, and environments (art style) is great. The human city just seemed huge to me and that's one city.

I felt like the story and voice acting was beyond cheesetastic, but that doesn't really bother me all that much. Also, if you want to level in one area and not switch race zones you'll have to grind a bit and explore. It's in a way nice because there are parts of the world which are just there for you to explore and find with no dynamic events in there. So you won't find them unless you go off the beaten path.

I liked actually being capable of dying in this game from something other than lag or seeing how much I could pull before I'd die. And the entire other people resurrecting you thing and getting exp is great. Although, I see very little talking going on in the game.

So yah, happy with the prepurchase. Even if I just get to end game level cap the time spent will be well worth the money put into it.
    Last edited by Height; 2012-04-30 at 03:46 AM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Probably the only Beta test I've been able to do that felt like it was a true beta, and not just a demo. TONS of fun until level 18 or so with scaling breaking, but they know what to do, so very happy I pre-purchased.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

I have major reservations, especially since mine cost $150.
    I pre-ordered well in advance, and didn't realize at the time that CEs would be so limited I would have to pre-purchase, so then I paid in full.
    Don't really care about the beta... and kinda wish I hadn't tried it out. I LOVE the art direction and world... but I'm not sure what I thought of the gameplay itself, and found myself really wondering if the uneven difficulty and absolute punishment that playing melee was would be fixed.

Stupid ass pretty statue... damn you Arenanet... you know me so well...

Very happy indeed. Was very glad when I finally got my hands on this game I've really been looking forward too. I didn't get too far (I think level 12 necromancer) but the time that I did get was fast paced, exciting, and all around fun. There was the lag issues, and bugs every now and then, but it's not a demo! It's beta, and I felt a sense of pride when I was able to report bugs and help improve the game. Can't wait for release, and I can't wait to play even more.

Yup, I feel like the Charr and Human areas need some work though and it's really the only thing about the game that got me a little discouraged. In both zones I ended up falling behind a couple levels below the hearts, but I didn't have that problem at all in the Norn area.

I've played a human necro, and a norn guardian, and I liked the guardian more than the necro, but then I also made a charr guardian and a norn necro, and I ended up liking the necro more. I really feel like it has something to do with the Norn zone just flowing better.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very happy. Only "bug" I ran across was reconnection issues. FPS issue isn't really a bug, but I did have trouble with that too, some areas were nigh unplayable. However considering (and hoping) that they've already identified the cause of this and straightforward solution, the rest of the game was great. Loved it and can't wait to play it. Had no problems with camera, spells, combat or movement. Although I'd say movement can be refined alittle, it's already fine just the way it is, not an issue for me.