Poll: Did you reach level 30?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled my Guardian to level 20 (That was my aim) and then just played other professions to level 10 or so to see if any of the other took my attention.

Nope, I did not even try to hit 30, my goal for this beta was to try the classes I thought I would enjoy and the ones I thought I would not enjoy and see how they felt (didn't have time to do every class enough so focused on the extremes...
    Going in my order of preference was
    1/2Elementalist or Mesmer
    3Necromancer
    4/5Warrior or Thief
    6Range
    7/8Guardian or Engineer

coming out of the first beta
    1 Elementalist
    2 Ranger
    3 Thift
    4 Necro
    5-7 Warrior/Engineer/Guardian (didn't get to these classes this beta so didn't move them
    8 Mesmer

So one that I thought would be near top ended up near bottom and one that I thought would be near bottom ended up near top (I honestly liked how squishy the pets where, Rangers did not feel like "just another pet class" because of their squishiness).

Next beta I will probably try the last 3 and then see how much time I have left from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played:
    - every profession to at least 2 or 3
    - an Elementalist, Warrior and Necro to 8/9
    - a Ranger to 14
    - replayed a few to 2/3 as different races

I mucked around for an afternoon with almost every prof in sPvP to see what the full arsenal was like and spent ~10 hours in WvW. The WvW was the most epic, awesome, amazing fun I've had gaming in a long time. Maybe even ever.

I only really started liking my Ranger once I was level 10+ and tamed a few different pet types. Also spent an hour or two working through crafting (which is awesome and actually offers VERY decent gear).

WvW only stands out as amazing when your team is making seige equipment and communicating well. Much of the walking around time was cut when I discovered the portals in the keeps too. No where near as bad.

Nope I didn't, I made it to lvl 21 or so.

Because I tried out other classes so that's why.

Bahahaha, I only made it to level 5. I spent my other 25 hours PvP'ing. I kind of wish I had gotten more levels at least to see dungeons and my home world change a little bit.

Nah, only got to lvl 4 damn TR responsibilities...

I only made it to level 20. Was doing kessex hills and the norn starting area. Didnt even finish kessex or the nornstarting area. Only area i finished was the human starting zone.

Cant wait for the next event where ill have alot more time to play.

I decided not to, I didn't want to spoil the game. Though, what I did say seemed very fun even the second time around.

I did mostly WvWvW, and sPvP.

People got to level 40~

The highest I got was 15 on my Thief and Engineer.
    I have to say that they impressed me quite a lot, the same with Warriors and Guardians.
    Ranger was amusing for the greatsword flying leaps. All in all I am quite happy with the BWE and GW2. Looking forward to Asura and Sylvari next event

Took my engineer to level 27. My Necro to level 12. My Elementalist to 14.

I stopped at 23 didn't see the point trying to get higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I didn't get but 1 character to level 10. I played very casually; and real life got in the way of my play time. Not to mention latency and lag made playing the game for long hours not fun and pretty aggravating.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, tried out various different characters instead of sticking to one. Also, spent most of my time PvPing. My highest level character was a 15 Mesmer.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiemj View Post
    only level 13, was not on the game all weekend but is takes long to level and you die a lot Also tried almost alal chars but focused on ranger Norn.
    Try playing a warrior... Don't ever charge in on the level 8 shaman event when you're level 4 and have no idea what you're doing... Think I spent 10-15 minutes dead.. :> This was as a Charr Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped at 19 I think? I also didn't see a point to try and push harder. My whole thing was to play a thief. The unrelenting struggle of trying to stick with a straight-melee build (no interest in using a pistol tbh) was too much to put up with so I rolled an elementalist instead. I still want to play a thief, so I didn't want to push myself too much in hopes that their squishiness may be fixed. The thief was 9, the elementalist was 19.

(btw, I fully support the game being challenging/difficult/etc... but when one of the boasts about the game is being able to do whatever you want and still be viable, then you turn around and you're not able to do that, you're left scratching your head... I was able to finish that personal quest on my thief, only by using pistols)
    Last edited by Hanto; 2012-04-30 at 08:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    I ran accross at least 2 skillpoints like that. One was in a snowy char fort and the other was in a human area. Cant remember if it was queensdale or kessek but it was right near one of the higher level dungeons as I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Must of been another one like that then, because the one that was bugged for me was in Diessa Plateau The only skill point I missed out of the three zones I cleared.
    Yep, I saw that one aswell. The one Merendel is talking about is the one North East in Queensdale and the one in Diessa is if you go in via the entrence from Wayfarer Foothills.

Oh yeah, there was also one in Kessex Hills or whatever it was called where you had to kill 2 shades but the second one didn't register.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2012-04-30 at 08:53 PM.

1st I created a Charr Guardian. Was so fun. Got him to 21. Then I created a human Mesmer and got her to level 4. Wanted to try a class I hadn't had much experience with so I created a Norn Warrior. Got him up to about 15 I think.... may have been 13.

Needed a break, so I took a few hours off until the ending event which I played with my Charr Guardian. Was kinda disappointed in that event. We killed lots and lots of rats. Not nearly as many as others, but on on my overflow server we got to about 92000. Then midnight came and I was abruptly kicked off the server. No idea how the event turned out. Did others experience anything other than critter killing?

Anyway can't wait until the next BWE. Have more classes to try!

I finished my story at 15 as norn mesmer, I refuse to do gathering.

there were only two zones per race. so after 25 you had to do the other races zones as for humans the Gendarran Fields (25-30) were not available, same goes for the respected zones of the other race.