Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Deleted
    before cata : desolace and silithius, afther cata: silithius...

Noam/Dwarf starting area. God damn I can't stand those.
    Back when I was alliance I placed all characters to start leveling in Elwynn Forest.

I dislike Darkshore, and absolutely hate Ashenvale. Ugh.

Personally I love Silithus, but that's maybe because I absolutely love the whole bug setting, another reason why I'm so hyped for the Mantid.

The one place I just can't stand at all is Hellfire Peninsula. The whole place is just a big mess, all mobs are so close to each other as possible, all the quests are outrageously boring, the whole place looks the same (except for Throne of KJ) and there's always a ton of Death Knights who are ready to gank you. More specificly I want to point to the small Fel Orc village known as Zeth'gor. The place is so squished together, you can't pull 1 mob without pulling an additional 3 mobs on top of it. The blood boiling quest is the worst one though, not only do you have to kill 12+ of the stupid fel orcs in the village, but everytime you boil 1 blood a bunch of worms will pop up, interrupting you. The quest takes 15 minutes to just boil the shit, and it's a perfect place to gank any unfortunate guy who may have ended up taking that one quest. And do I even need to mention how paranoid you are throughout the whole zone due to the highly bugged mechanical vehicle that patrols the whole zone, teleports and walks through mountains. Dat Reaver.

Runner-ups would be Zul'drak (I usually love troll things, but this sucked donkey hair), Bladespire Edge Mountains (just plain boring to the max) and Nagrand (beautiful, but Nesingwary and other kill 30 of X mob quests ruined it). Outland is just terrible.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-04-30 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    Let me just say this; just the small task of getting tap water is giving me the spine-chills. Water.............
    ...............What?

Quote Originally Posted by genin View Post
    before cata : desolace and silithius, afther cata: silithius...
    Took the words right out of my keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Personally I love Silithus, but that's maybe because I absolutely love the whole bug setting, another reason why I'm so hyped for the Mantid.

The one place I just can't stand at all is Hellfire Peninsula. The whole place is just a big mess, all mobs are so close to each other as possible, all the quests are outrageously boring, and there's always a ton of Death Knights who are ready to gank you. More specificly I want to point to the small Fel Orc village known as Zeth'gor. The place is so squished together, you can't pull 1 mob without pulling an additional 3 mobs on top of it. The blood boiling quest is the worst one though, not only do you have to kill 12+ of the stupid fel orcs in the village, but everytime you boil 1 blood a bunch of worms will pop up, interrupting you. The quest takes 15 minutes to just boil the shit, and it's a perfect place to gank any unfortunate guy who may have ended up taking that one quest.
    I have a soft spot for Outland, but I know the feeling of the Hellfire experience well! lol I think it lives up to its name.
    You do not feel welcome at all to this new world you're exploring. I think it's the spiritual opposite of Nagrand.

When BC came out I was so frustrated with the area. Every boar was on you, every Fel Orc, and the worms! Add that to the fact that you couldn't get flying until 70 back then and the Fel Reaver would always be walking by to stomp you at the worst possible times.

That being said, I think it's appropriate that the zone is so harsh. You know you were in for a war in Space Hell! And then there was Heroic Shattered Halls! lol

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vashj'ir or Twilight Highlands

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    If you ever did Desolace before Cata you hate it.
    This a thousend times. It was such an ugly, boring area, and those centaurs looked (and still do) like 3D models from 1985.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Vashj'ir by far. Hope they never do a zone like that again.
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blades Edge, Silthius, Desolace, Badlands, maybe Hinterland and Twilight Highlands
    Howay the lads!

Pre-Cata Blasted Lands. Seriously, fuck that zone. The only four quests I found there took me over 2 hours to complete simply because the quest items seemed to have a drop rate of around 5-10%, and the respawn rate on the mobs was terrible, and some quests shared the same drop!!! (which confused the fuck out of the quest tracker, btw)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Blade's Edge before flying mounts pain... even with flying mounts it is still pain
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

I'm surprised that no one mentioned Eastern Plaguelands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    There were threads about favorite zones for leveling, farming, questing etc. but I've never seen any about the most disliked zone in WoW. For me, it'd have to be Silithus, I totally hate this place, boring music, dull questlines and nothing really fancy there. Also I dislike the scenery and all those silithids. Unfortunately it's a great place to farm thorium so I spent there some time while I was lvling my profs. What's your most disliked zone in WoW?
    Before Cataclysm, I probably would have said Desolace. It lived up to it's name. I quested up to 40 there on my very first toon back in vanilla, and spent hours running back and forth across its empty wastes and flight point in the bottom corner of the zone. Silithius felt like it had a lot going on in comparison, although removing all the Wind Stones certainly makes it feel emptier. I'm think I have to say Uldum, it's my least favorite of the new zones, plus it has the damn unavoidable Harrison Jones questline. Crystal Song Forest in Northrend gets an honorable mention though, just for being so pointlessly empty, even if it was gorgeous. (Yes, I know that was related to player population in Dal, but it still makes the zone feel wasted.)

Quote Originally Posted by Amalnophis View Post
    Vashj'ir i hate underwater levels.
    I can't believe it took 30 posts, by far the worst ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decolace, Twilight Highlands, Deepholme, New Stonetalon, New Thousand Needleds (Too bad because they were some of my favorite back then)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Twilight Highlands.
    Absolutely. Perhaps because it's the last hurdle to 85 and you just want to be done with it. I absolutely hate it.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    There were threads about favorite zones for leveling, farming, questing etc. but I've never seen any about the most disliked zone in WoW. For me, it'd have to be Silithus, I totally hate this place, boring music, dull questlines and nothing really fancy there. Also I dislike the scenery and all those silithids. Unfortunately it's a great place to farm thorium so I spent there some time while I was lvling my profs. What's your most disliked zone in WoW?
    Silithus was one of the best areas (imo) a few years ago when you'd find something else than one or two bots leveling up with you.
    I always had fun doing those quests, they are fun and specially world pvping with people.

I liked that area because it wasn't really full of people... how ironic, who'd think that way now

The are I dislike, (but i kind of like most of them, I really like the way they worked out Azeroth), well that's a hard question...I guess it'd be one of the new ones, but again, I mostly like them. But the problem is that, with the current state of the game, it's really easy to get burned out of the new areas before the old ones, maybe it's because they are a bit more recent, but that never happened for me in BC or Wrath.
    Last edited by shise; 2012-04-30 at 12:13 PM.