Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I play a female Draenei priest and a male human DK. The DK is my main and he looks pretty decent in his gear. But I just can't stand a male healing character, it just feels so much more girlish (really nothing intended) so I roll female on that.

Also the gear looks beter and such

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post

All my melee and tank toons are male, and my healers are female.
    sexist!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I played this Hunter as Belf LessFemale for around 4 years. I changed to Goblin because I wanted Rocket Jump, and I chose Female because the gear looks better on a FemGob in my opinion.

TBH, It shouldnt matter what you have between your legs. Its a roleplaying game, even if most of the players ignore that aspect of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bot v2.38beta View Post
    What I don't understand are all the players that chose non human toons.

Do they want to be a gnome or something? Do they want to have sex with a space goat?

I mean, why would you want to give people the idea that you are an Orc when you're not IRL? That's misleading....
    I tip my hat to you sir. Well played.

On Topic:

Me, I play A male Worgen DK as my main because... well why the hell wouldn't I? They're badass and t10 DK gear looks amazing on a Worgen Male. Pre-cata he was a male Nelf with the blindfold face.

My Mage is a Draenei female. What can I say? The ladies pull off dresses better than us.

Fucking aesthetics and variety dude, I don't want to bone my tentacled abomination.
    Last edited by mmoc9f29e6783f; 2012-04-30 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    in my opinion i think that the male human is the perfect race, the gear looks scaled well and it doesnt look stupid, i play all human male if my class can have that, i only have 1 female which is my nightelf druid and thats because i really dont like the look of the male nightelf

My dwarf and worgen are male because the females are frankly abominations... And the goblin because the female looks almost exactly like the sex change one in Gremlins 2.

Then again, I played female characters in Saints Row, Skyrim and Fallout 3 as well. No idea why.

Here OP, I'll give you what you want... I play female toons because I have a secret desire to be woman, or I am a closeted homosexual and this is the only way to express my true sexuality, or I am a sad pervert who fantasizes about sexual relationships with my imaginary toon, or it's a simple preference. Happy?
    Who's got two thumbs and is awesome? This guy!!!

Ì play abit of each, depending on the race. But in the end i just prefer the female models and voices.

I've got ten level 80 characters, all Horde. It's about an even split male/female. I'd get bored of only playing belf females! I try to pick a gender that suits the character/class.

I really don't think much about it. Mostly its because I prefer the way armor looks on them, or the animations. And I just don't like goblin males.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's entirely dependent upon which gender model looks better. My breakdown on which gender is more aesthetically pleasing:

Human - Female
    Dwarf - Male
    Gnome - Both
    Night Elf - Female
    Draenei - Female
    Worgen - Male

Orc - Male
    Troll - Both
    UD - Both
    Tauren - Male
    Blood Elf - Female
    Goblin - N/A (never played one)

That's 33.3% female, 33.3% male, 25% both, and 9.3% N/A. I have many different characters, some male, some female, and this is the template used to decide which gender to make my character. Also, I tend to avoid playing some races (tauren, worgen, troll) because of how ridiculous their gear (especially boots) look on them.

Deleted
    As a horde, male characters suck. They all have really bad posture, except blood elf. Orcs, trolls, undead are always slumped over. Taurens armour is stretched and looks aweful. I like to see my armour on a class, therefore generally I prefer female, although all my chars are male, they would be female is I had a free gender change.

Alliance males aren't too bad, certainly better then horde males.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakumo View Post
    Do you play a female toon? If so, why? I can't bring myself to do it for some reason. It'd feel really out of place.
    Also, I can't possibly be the only one who thinks the "But I don't wanna stare at a guy's ass all day!" excuse is preposterous. If this is your reason, then that speaks to your shallowness as a person.

I think Blood Elf males are the one of the worst models in the game, but that doesn't mean I'll play the female. I think they're also ridiculous.

So basically I feel the same way as you. Except I did have female characters in Guild Wars, using the I don't want to stare at a guys ass all day excuse (ended up doing that anyways maining my male ranger. ) So I've come to believe at this point that female characters are played by 13-17 year old males. That is unless given reason to think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakumo View Post
    Do you play a female toon? If so, why? I can't bring myself to do it for some reason. It'd feel really out of place.
    Also, I can't possibly be the only one who thinks the "But I don't wanna stare at a guy's ass all day!" excuse is preposterous. If this is your reason, then that speaks to your shallowness as a person.

I think Blood Elf males are the one of the worst models in the game, but that doesn't mean I'll play the female. I think they're also ridiculous.
    Lol, no.

I'm sorry that I don't want to watch a dude parade around the screen all day. I play this game HOURS a day. It's much more entertaining to dress up a hot girl in pretty clothes.
    It's called being secure in your masculinity, and yourself.

Simply put, the female models simply look better. Some armors end up looking like crap, but it's a very small amount.

Another thing is how it helps you connect to females on a more literal level. Eventually, you'll get taken for a girl, because you won't have talked on Vent or something, and someone will make the assumption because of your toon. It's enlightening to see what they have to deal with sometimes.
    There's a lot of different reasons, and in the end, it comes down to preference.
    I prefer to play a female, you prefer to play a male.

Not sure why there has to be anything else to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    So basically I feel the same way as you. Except I did have female characters in Guild Wars, using the I don't want to stare at a guys ass all day excuse (ended up doing that anyways maining my male ranger. ) So I've come to believe at this point that female characters are played by 13-17 year old males. That is unless given reason to think otherwise.
    I'm 20.
    Last edited by Shoridayo; 2012-04-30 at 12:30 PM.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Deleted
    So, what you are doing there is using an example where the only basis is how you have behaved in your life and concluded that everyone will follow exactly the same pattern.

Awesome logic

Quote Originally Posted by jackieboy999 View Post
    in my opinion i think that the male human is the perfect race, the gear looks scaled well and it doesnt look stupid, i play all human male if my class can have that, i only have 1 female which is my nightelf druid and thats because i really dont like the look of the male nightelf
    Just want to point this post out because nearly everyone I know or talk to on any wow related thing at al hate human male model, yet this gentlemen loves them enough to use it almost exclusively. I think my point about personal preference has just been made for me, each to their own.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

i prefer female casting animation except for worgen

i play mostly male BE (except my troll druid) that way i get the best of both worlds, male toon that looks better than other male races

I'm 26 year old male, who plays more females than males in wow, though not by a lot. Reason to think otherwise, given.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    I'm 20. As for reasons well, I've already posted that before.