Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Males Who Play Female Characters

Do you play a female toon? If so, why? I can't bring myself to do it for some reason. It'd feel really out of place.
    Also, I can't possibly be the only one who thinks the "But I don't wanna stare at a guy's ass all day!" excuse is preposterous. If this is your reason, then that speaks to your shallowness as a person.

I think Blood Elf males are the one of the worst models in the game, but that doesn't mean I'll play the female. I think they're also ridiculous.
    Last edited by Irons Maidens; 2012-04-30 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    This topic has been brought up way too many times lol

I play a bit of both, only for some races though. I think human males look stupid for one, so I always go female for them.

Only reason I do because the male Draenei look stupid. They run stupid and look retarded in gear. I can't play a dwarf because their racial is pretty much pointless for pve as a dps. I play a shaman btw. When I was horde tho it was all male because of goblin orcs trolls and Tauren.

Deleted
    80% of the races look way better as female.
    For me it comes down to what I think is the better looking for a class /race.
    I got some male and I got some female, it varies for me ^^

Deleted
    I prefer good looking animations over character sex. So I don't really think most people play female characters because "i want to stare at a girls ass all day". In your case it probably has something to do with how much you relate yourself to being the character that you play. But on the other hand, how would i know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daleness View Post
    80% of the races look way better as female.
    My opinion is the opposite!

I have only ever played 1 female char in vanilla. I prefer muscles so I stick to male chars.

Only my Draenei shaman's female, cos the males look ridiculous. All the rest are male. I could race-change her now that Dwarves can be shamans too, but I've got a Dwarf already and I cba to pay to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakumo View Post
    Do you play a female toon? If so, why? I can't bring myself to do it for some reason. It'd feel really out of place.
    Also, I can't possibly be the only one who thinks the "But I don't wanna stare at a guy's ass all day!" excuse is preposterous. If this is your reason, then that speaks to your shallowness as a person.

I think Blood Elf males are the one of the worst models in the game, but that doesn't mean I'll play the female. I think they're also ridiculous.
    I get bored and want something new, so I will roll a Race, Sex and Class variation that I haven't tried before.

All my charcs are female and im a male... the gear looks better and the all round apperance looks better
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Im a female player and I will often play male toons. Its entirely for the look for me. I love the look of forsaken males for a rogue for example. I also have a male worsen as the female ones look too much like Chihuahuas.

10+ Year Old Account
    i rather play a female as i just dont like playing a male it seems gay

oh and you also get free stuff when playing at low level for people thinking your male -.-
    idiots

when i started playing i wanted to play warlock i looked at all the races avilable at that time and didnt liked any of them excapt belf female
    so thats why i choose it :P

I wanted to be a Shaman on the Alliance, so I had to be a draenei (this was before cata). I picked the female because of the animations, I could care less what gender my toon is. All i care about is the animations

Deleted
    Aesthetics are everything and in all honesty the majority of female characters look better in their gear.

This isn't a veiled sexuality thing which is where I think the OP is trying to go, if you are going to spend hours behind a particular character you are best off being happy with what it looks like.

I feel the exact same way. I don't really RP or anything but I can't stand playing a female, no idea why... xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sakumo View Post

Because sometimes I want to. Sometimes it just fits better, sometimes the model is simply superior IMO, and sometimes yes I'd rather stare at a female form instead of a male.
    It's not shallow, it's kinda the opposite. I am a straight male with no problems with that, why on earth wouldi self-shame myself into not being okay enough with that to even play a female toon?
    I am not playing with myself while looking at my toons, just preferring looking at the female figure more than a male figure. If you cannot accept that than maybe I should attempt to discredit you by implying that you're insecure with your own sexuality. Chance ate however that you are secure and it is just a difference of style and personality.
    Gods forbid other people enjoy the game in ways other than you.

I'm not trying to jump down your throat, but seriously, think about this for a moment. What does it mean if you prefer warlock imagery to Mage imagery? What does it mean if you prefer tier2 to tier10? Absolutely nothing, just preference. Why would gender of toon be any different?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    Sort of varies for me, i first check with model viewer that which of the good racial races and their genders have best animation, then pick.

While troll racials aren't good for enha shaman, i mainly picked troll female cause it looks so brilliantly good in season 1 gladi armor which i love.

What I don't understand are all the players that chose non human toons.

Do they want to be a gnome or something? Do they want to have sex with a space goat?

I mean, why would you want to give people the idea that you are an Orc when you're not IRL? That's misleading....
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com