Shadowfiend, 3 Orbs, Cancelaura Mind Melt, Etc

Our guild is on Heroic Spine (go figure). I'm 100% familiar with the current school of thought:

1. Reforge Mastery
    2. Cancelaura to not use Mind Blast without 3 orbs
    3. Trinket macro with Shadowfiend

My question is, let's say I have a trinket proc some Haste for me. Or, someone burns Heroism/Bloodlust, and I am Shadowfiend-ing with a high amount of Haste.

AFTER the initial Mind Blast, is there any harm in spamming the shit out of Mind Spike until the next Mind Blast is ready rather than waiting for Shadowfiend hits? Yesterday I was able to squeeze 5 Mind Spikes between Mind Blast cooldowns. Of course, only 4 of them hit with 3 orbs, but isn't that better than intentionally NOT casting another if you could?

For visual people, here's what I'm asking: #1 vs. #2.

#1:

Pop Evangelism/Potion macro
    Mind Blast (3)
    Cast Shadowfiend

[Shadowfiend hits]
    Mind Spike (3)
    [Shadowfiend hits]
    Mind Spike (3)
    [Shadowfiend hits]
    Mind Spike (3)
    [Shadowfiend hits]
    Mind Spike (3)

[Shadowfiend hits]
    Mind Blast (3)

OR #2:

Pop Evangelism/Potion macro
    Mind Blast (3)
    Cast Shadowfiend

* Here, rather than time Mind Spike casts with Shadowfiend hits, you spam Mind Spike WITHOUT a Cancelaura macro until Mind Blast comes off cooldown. From my observation, at least 5 casts are possible.

Mind Spike x5+, 4 of which hit with 3 orbs

[Shadowfiend hits]
    Mind Blast (3)

Deleted
    I personally did not use the rotation you are using. When Tendon pops, GCD by GCD:

Archangel + Mind Spike
    Mind Spike
    Shadowfiend
    Instant Mind Blast
    Mind Spike x 3
    Instant Mind Blast (wait until three orbs before you hit it)
    Mind Spike x 3
    Instant Mind Blast (wait until three orbs before you hit it)
    Mind Spike OR SW: Death, depending on if you will get the Mind Spike before the plate goes down again.
    The only time you have to care about Shadowfiend hits is on the three Mind Blasts. First one should be fine because you have the Shadowfiend GCD. Adjust haste levels accordingly.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2012-04-30 at 05:54 PM.

Listen to Ariadne, take it GCD by GCD.
    Ideally you need to keep an idea of what you want to do next before the next 3 orbs pop.
    The best nuke will obviously be mind spike while mind blast is on CD but you want to keep in that that you need to cast MB off CD while also wanting to have 3 orbs at the time of casting. The easiest way to do this is to cast a Mind Flay after the 4th or 5th MS (if you have hero) otherwise you just need to judge when to cast the Mind Flay so you can clip it with a Mind Blast (3). Below 25% is your call, MS (3) is just as good a nuke as SW: Death if you can get the cast off; ideally I do get those 2 SW: Death off though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I personally did not use the rotation you are using. When Tendon pops, GCD by GCD:

The only time you have to care about Shadowfiend hits is on the three Mind Blasts. First one should be fine because you have the Shadowfiend GCD. Adjust haste levels accordingly.
    Thanks for the reply Ariadne. To narrow down my question to your example. Where you have "Mind Spike x3" in your sequence, if you're under Heroism/Bloodlust or any other Haste effect, and COULD squeeze 4-5 Mind Spikes in between each Mind Blast (with 3 orbs), why wouldn't you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Thanks for the reply Ariadne. To narrow down my question to your example. Where you have "Mind Spike x3" in your sequence, if you're under Heroism/Bloodlust or any other Haste effect, and COULD squeeze 4-5 Mind Spikes in between each Mind Blast (with 3 orbs), why wouldn't you?
    I would, but since Heroism only comes on one lift, I consider it as an exception to the rule. I would squeeze in more Mind Spikes if I had Heroism/Bloodlust up.

Ok cool, that's what I was wondering about. I couldn't think of a good reason why not to, but never saw anyone say why.

Thanks for the info man!