Deleted

15+ skill professions?

Hi there! I'm just slightly confused by the 15+ skill profession racials (gnomes have engineering, goblins alchemy and blood elves enchanting etc); does it only give 15 skill? Correct me if im wrong, but isnt that only usefull the first 15 skills? Is it that you begin with 15/16 skill instead of 1?

1/75 = non racial
    16/75 = racial

if its like that i think its pretty useless. the first 15 skills are usually the easiest/cheapest ones.

or

does it looke like:

1/90 with racial?

wich also seems useless, since there arent any hidden/secret recipes that are learnable at 540 skill (max is 525 iirc)

Explain anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Liljander View Post
    Hi there! I'm just slightly confused by the 15+ skill profession racials (gnomes have engineering, goblins alchemy and blood elves enchanting etc); does it only give 15 skill? Correct me if im wrong, but isnt that only usefull the first 15 skills? Is it that you begin with 15/16 skill instead of 1?

1/75 = non racial
    16/75 = racial

if its like that i think its pretty useless. the first 15 skills are usually the easiest/cheapest ones.

or

does it looke like:

1/90 with racial?

wich also seems useless, since there arent any hidden/secret recipes that are learnable at 540 skill (max is 525 iirc)

Explain anyone?
    Actually it incresses how eaasy it is to level a skill, so if you are leveling by making a item that turns green at level 50, for somone with the profession perk it wouldnt turn green till 65, meaning they can make the cheep items for longer than somone without.

Its just added on top of what you already have. Its really good for gathering professions to get to those higher ore/herbs.

The true benefit lies in the dizzying early days of a new expansion.

The bonus carries over to the next expansion, so you start out with 540 / 600, which can be reasonably useful when mat prices are crazy high. And it makes leveling to max cap (600 in MoP) a lot cheaper and quicker. There is a noticeable huge jump in costs / effort in gaining the last couple points, as they often require you to make epic items with multiple mats that are often very expensive or not readily available, just for a chance to gain a measly point.

And it is certainly better than underwater breathing, cannibalism or improved death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its also helpful for skinning / mingin / herbing as some Boss mobs require higher the max profession levels.