HM Warlord barrage callouts (10 man)

My group is having a really difficult time finding a decent system for calling out who should stand in barrages. We currently divide the ship into 4 sections, two on the top for melee/tank, two on the bottom for ranged/ healer. What we're running into is that people will start running towards a barrage, but their partner will not notice, and they'll eat it by themselves, killing them, even if they pop something. Does anyone have a system they use for call outs? I appreciate any help anyone can give us. We've downed it before, but we've yet to get it on farm and it'd be nice to not spend tons of wipes on it and start focusing on spine.

Deleted
    subchannels on ventrillo or just more practice and less tunnel vision

and tbh just make groups of 3 ppl each, if 2 ppl from group doesnt notice, means your problems are... *elsewhere*

Easiest way is to put in each section atleast one that can solo soak, and the other one helps him. That way even if the helper is late, the soaker wont die. A lock with soul link and shadow/nether ward survives it, cauterize mage, DK with AMS, spriest with dispersion, rogue with feint etc...

We assign people a partner. they take care of a square(s). Tell people to call out immediatly when they go in and they doubt their partner will.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

YOU MEAN WARMASTER blackhorn.

warLORD is Zonozz. You confused me lol.

Deleted
    Barrages hit for 280k. You got roughly 25% resistance, which means only 210k. Tomorrow nerfs are down to 20%, which means 168k. Pretty much ANY defensive cooldown at this point will save you. I'd advise asigning people to solo-soak really. Oomkin for example has passive 15% damage taken reduction and will survive if (s)he's topped. Tried arcane couple of attempts and with 6% talented and a mana shield I survived at 15% nerf. Divine protection (even unglyphed), barkskin, soul link, etc. are all good enough to solo-soak. Made it a lot easier for us tbh.

When we had a bit of trouble with this, we started a buddy system. One person would have a raid mark, the other person would follow them around and soak whatever the marked person did.

Now, we have people scattered, and someone yells on vent to soak if a couple of people are around the barrage and hesitate to run in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Barrages hit for 280k. You got roughly 25% resistance, which means only 210k. Tomorrow nerfs are down to 20%, which means 168k. Pretty much ANY defensive cooldown at this point will save you. I'd advise asigning people to solo-soak really.
    Haven't started on Warmaster myself, but in another thread here they say the nerf has no effect on how much the barrages hit for. And the damage from a Twilight Barrage is shared between the soakers and the ship, so if you solo soak it the ship will take the remaining 50%.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post16647975

What's correct?
    Last edited by mmocfdfb6601c6; 2012-05-01 at 01:18 PM.

whats the raid today

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how different it is for 10 man, but we don't both trying to take barrages anymore. The ranged/healers roughly stack up in like 2 groups and they try not to move around too much. Just like the small barrages hit. Running around less means more damage on the dragons, and as long as you can get the dragons down in one pass, and kill all the sappers, and soak the large barrages, you can safely ignore the small barrages.

Deleted
    Solo soak them. Don't call it out, by the time you call it out its too late. Just see a Barrage and stand in a Barrage, anyone can solo soak them at this point with even a minimal cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas1999 View Post
    Haven't started on Warmaster myself, but in another thread here they say the nerf has no effect on how much the barrages hit for. And the damage from a Twilight Barrage is shared between the soakers and the ship, so if you solo soak it the ship will take the remaining 50%.

What's correct?
    They're talking about onslaught, not barrages.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your raid comp? Even pre-nerf we never bothered to take barrages with pairs of people, just those that had CDs to do so (dprot, dispersion, cauterize, AMS, whatever) would grab those that they could. At this point in the nerfs you really don't have to soak very many of them and you should be getting the drakes down in one pass so that keeps the number of barrages to a minimum.

Ignore them for the most part. Anyone that can solo soak should. Assuming you kill the drakes before they fly off you should have about 10-20% boat health left at the phase transition.

Deleted
    Just concentrate your range on drakes. We don't bother with barages, some will take it if they're bothered but the only thing you got to do is ensure drakes die fast and don't fly away.

Soaking in pairs will always lead to communication problems and deaths unless you have the same people/pairs doing it week after week. If you full soak all the big onslaughts and kill the drakes before they fly off you only need to soak 4-6 of the barrages for the boat to be safe (fewer the faster the drakes die and probably fewer now with 20% nerf). Concentrate on solo soaking them with a personal cd during the first wave and you will have far fewer problems. Note most full immunities (cloak) don't seem to work.
    Last edited by Moller; 2012-05-01 at 06:48 PM.

Honestly I wouldn't call it out, even on 10 man with only like 4 (I know more than 4 people can soak) people soaking if you start getting everyone to call it out shit will just get too hectic. Tell people to soak in pairs if you want but tell them to make sure they have a CD up as well, that way if someone doesn't get into one fast enough a CD is running. Like others have said, you only need to soak a few and you can just straight up burn the drakes insanely fast. Biggest help I have for this this is to tell every range to get some hits in on them, especially dots, while they fly over and drop the melee adds.

Quote Originally Posted by andreas1999 View Post

What's correct?
    Both.
    Ship damage taken isn't affected by the nerf, so barrages still deal 420k (as for WHY a 280k barrage does 420k to the ship, that's a different question, but I assume it's intentional for the 50% damage bonus to be applied to it). Player damage taken is, soaking a barrage with 1 buddy hit me for 119000 base at 15% (280k/2=140k*.85=119k)

Anywho, I agree with the "don't worry about it" sentiment. We just soak whatever's convenient, and even with 1 drake of the last set usually breaking free (meaning 5 onslaughts), don't have significant ship trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Barrages hit for 280k. You got roughly 25% resistance, which means only 210k. Tomorrow nerfs are down to 20%, which means 168k. Pretty much ANY defensive cooldown at this point will save you. I'd advise asigning people to solo-soak really. Oomkin for example has passive 15% damage taken reduction and will survive if (s)he's topped. Tried arcane couple of attempts and with 6% talented and a mana shield I survived at 15% nerf. Divine protection (even unglyphed), barkskin, soul link, etc. are all good enough to solo-soak. Made it a lot easier for us tbh.
    FYI boomkins were able to survive it with 15% passive 6% spell dmg reduction from talents and Barkskin, pre-nerf...