10+ Year Old Account

They're back.....

Edit: Sweet, it seems MMO-champion has mouseover tooltips enabled for GW2DB.com links (both being curse sites)
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-05-01 at 04:37 AM.

I know this is some sort of GW1 reference. :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I know this is some sort of GW1 reference.
    Yep, crafting material, rarely used as a crafting material and more used as a currency.

I know this is some sort of GW1 reference. :\
    It became the main alternative currency to platinum. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Glob_of_Ectoplasm

I know this is some sort of GW1 reference.
    In GW1, a player could only have a max of (i believe) 100k gold on him at one time. This made high-level trading difficult, as some items would easily go 100k+. The solution was to use ectos as another form of player-driven currency. They were high-end, rare ingredients that were valued at a certain amount (e.g. 10k gold). The economy of GW1 ran on ectos, and high end players traded in ectoplasm, not gold. For example, say I wanted a destroyer weapon (a top tier weapon in GW1), I would trade someone 80k gold and maybe 3-4 ectos for it. Pulling prices out of my ass, but you get the idea.

Deleted
    I expected cookies

hopefully they wont be needed as currency anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

Edit: Sweet, it seems MMO-champion has mouseover tooltips enabled for GW2DB.com links (both being curse sites)
    I love everything about this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting to think about what the gold limit will be in GW2.
    I had flashbacks during the BWE to vanilla wow when I was in Darkshore on my first toon and buying armour from the vendor and I thought 30 silver was huge.

Did anyone get 1 gold or more in the beta? Do rewards scale much currency wise in the late 20's or 30's? I'm assuming that the gold scale will be similar to WoW, where a few thousand gold is pretty rich. 10k+ is loaded and 100k+ gets to the point where you'll never spend it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    I had flashbacks during the BWE to vanilla wow when I was in Darkshore on my first toon and buying armour from the vendor and I thought 30 silver was huge.

Did anyone get 1 gold or more in the beta? Do rewards scale much currency wise in the late 20's or 30's? I'm assuming that the gold scale will be similar to WoW, where a few thousand gold is pretty rich. 10k+ is loaded and 100k+ gets to the point where you'll never spend it all.
    I'm pretty excited to see how much gold the average 80 will have. Right now, the 10 silver for the trait book feels like buying a new car.

Money did seem to scale. It wasn't until Kessex that I was really able to afford things because I was getting 0.silver.copper as reward in place of QD's 0.0.copper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I'm pretty excited to see how much gold the average 80 will have. Right now, the 10 silver for the trait book feels like buying a new car.
    True that. An awesome Ranger gave me the silver needed for my trait book because I was so poor. I think it had something to do with me doing 2 starting zones to level to 10 instead of working through one zone to the higher scaled content and rewards.

Deleted

I struggled to get enough cashish for the trait unlock book thingy until i found the gems and sold those for 90 odd silver.