Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    RP server - pretty dresses
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

I made over 100k at the beginning of Cataclysm. If you are in a hurry and craft brand new epics for yourself first it is financially a big mistake I thought I could wait a few weeks to gear up perfectly and sell the crafts meanwhile since lots of pro players are desperately in need of crafters due to CDs on crafting. I sold epic belts for 15k and pants for 20k for the first 4 weeks. End of a month the prices were lower than the half since tons of players lvled their tailoring.

But never craft equipment before the buyer is ready! Link it on trade chat, find a buyer and than craft it.

Deleted
    Tailoring really isn't a profession you level to make money, can't say you won't make some but it's nothing major and definitely nothing to get rich from.

- Leg enchants - obvious choice but most tailors figured that out and there is very low if any profit in them when you compare the product to the mats. Tip: try looking into the blue quality ones, there might be something.

- Bags - The profit isn't too big, Embersilk ones differ from realm to realm, the by far most used/sold bags ones Netherweave bags, you will generally get NW cloth for 5-6g/stack and they sell for 15g so there is some profit but nothing to live off really.

- Gear - I am not familiar with twink stuff. The blue PvP items are fairly profitable though it's less now since we have the same patch for half a year and people are geared. You learn to create a higher ilvl with every patch, now they are ilvl 378 so check out what is the profit on those. Definitely check out (at least) the cloak because that's not just for cloth users but for all casters/healers.

To be fait most profitable thing to do is cloth farming. It doesn't necessarily need to be Embersilk, look at Frostweave aswell, you could farm it faster so check out it's price. Though I assume most people want to move away from farming so this probably isn't the best advice.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Tailoring really isn't a profession you level to make money, can't say you won't make some but it's nothing major and definitely nothing to get rich from.
    During Wotlk, alchemy was the way to be rich but with Cataclysm no profession is great for making money tbh. Farming for herbs or mines is not worth to spend time for money, no crafting professions bring enough money either. I dont think tailoring is less than any other profession. But it is also about population and economy of your server.