Thread: Flaws in GW2

Flaws in GW2

hey guys, i wanted to share my points about flaws in GW2 that bothered me the most. write if you disagree or have different ones.
    i wont be talking about beta problems like connection/performance/balance/bugs etc.

1. some dynamic events aren't clear enough. even if the goals are, the thing that bothered me the most, map should show strict border of event you are doing. in few cases i did not know where the event took place even tho i was 'in them'. new players will be really lost with how the map shows them now.
    this is not for every event, but some did overlap or showed miles away.

2. portal systems in the cities were something i found only because i knew it was there. after that getting to WWW was still hard and confusing. i think we need much easier way to join WvWvW, or at the very least have clear guides to where should you go. preferably city guards with easy directions, or extra panel for long range transports.

3. chat system felt dead the whole week. even with ppl around you feel like with npcs... gief chat bubbles and general chat. we need easy way to form guilds and chat.

minor flaws would be:

- hard learning curve, especially about the goals in pvp and having too much freedom without any explanation. while leveling up is really slow at start compared to other games, we have almost everything available at level 6... i actually like the idea, but if i never played mmo/rpg or didnt watch videos, i would find it overwhelming.

- keyboard turning is too slow. i know everybody should/will use mouse, but it felt like turning a truck ;p

ok, show yours now

10+ Year Old Account
    1.) Melee range classes need to be overhauled, too squishy. But they're addressing this already (I hope).

2.) Chat channels need to be revised. And I'll even say that they could even go the length and copy what WoW did. Making private channels, turning off current ones, etc.

3.) Pets/minions/mesmer doodles being too slow to respond in time. By the time my bear or clones reached the target, I had already killed it myself. Also the AI being kind of herpy-derpy a lot.

4.) Certain pieces used in "common" recipes for the Crafting bits being too rare. (Looking at you [Vial of Weak Blood].)

5.) Also on Crafting, the lack of goods useable for Cooking discoveries. Maybe it was just me, but I had more wood, ore, leather, and cloth coming out of my ears than common cooking goods.

Nothing too major, just little irritants that made me grumpy at 5am. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    screw the flaws of gw2...lets focus on things closer to home like how theres 10 billion threads about this already...post on one of the other threads already started. -_-

Chat channels could use some work yes, especially in WvWvW, where all teams can use and see chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) If you read the text you were given with the Dynamic event it actually was really clear on the objective. Look for what it may have been asking you to do, if you traveled too far the DE would disappear off your log.. Really not hard to understand.

2) I did find myself a little confused of where to go portal wise, but it kind of gave me the urge to go through and get a clear misunderstanding of what was through the magical portal.

3) I agree, I found myself wanting to Thank the guy that just revived me without talking on /Local while everyone in a 5 mile range could hear me. Speech bubbles and /Say chat need to be implemented imo.

I though leveling was nice, didn't feel like levels were taking too long nor did they feel rushed. Check this level chart Anet provided.
    http://www.arena.net/blog/wp-content...LevelCurve.jpg
    Basically each level is suppose to take roughly the same amount of time.

PvP i though was very clear? Just capture a point defend it, gain more team score? Basically shares the same factors of many games

Keyboard turning is always slower than mouse movement, always will be. Adapt or forever a noob :P

Let's stop opening threads about opinions (good or bad)