Deleted

It's Beta for god sake!

Hello everyone,
    I played as lots of you our first BWE of GW2. I can say, I'm experienced MMO player, because I played WoW for couple of years, played RIFT and was in BT of SW:KOTOR. I'm not a fan boy, never played GW1 so I just want to discuss my impression and suff.

My point is that some of messages here really piss me off. Someone trollin' about how ranged are better, someone about combat mechanics and someone that he needs more skills. Really guys? Did you watch videos from TotalBiscuit and so on? Did you read stuff from ArenaNet? Somethink really looks dumb to me.

Let's my review.
    Graphics is really nice, I like enviroment and cities are beautiful. There were some issues with FPS and so on, but my PC isn't the best one and they will fix it. Well, hope for it

Combat system is one of the most discussed issues. Lots of ppl flaming, trollin ect. Why? AN told us, that combat will be dynamic. No fight like run to mob, stay and make our rotation and go to other mob for cople of hours. No, you have to dodge, poison your foe, cripple him, stab him, bleed him and try to stay alive. It's fun.
    But, they promised, there will be no autoattack. There was one. When you hit button with skill 1 it was like you autoattack. I don't like that.
    Now about ranged v melee. Lots of discussion about it in lots of games. This game change this. Are you warrior and want to use bow?
    You can. But lots of ppl start flaming about combat like this. For example, when dmg is equal for all classes, equal means "equal". Is that means, that ranger have same dmg as warrior with bow? No ppl, this is not true. If you can see, every weapon have other skills depend on class. Ranger can't be compared to ranger because Ranger use bow for 1v1, Warrior use bow for AoE. Warrior has to equip rifle for 1v1 ranged. And It's same with example rogue (my main played class) For 1v1 melee dual daggers with lots of bleeds. For shadowsteps and dodging sword/dagger. for 1v1 ranged pistol/pistol, for AoE dmg short bow.
    Now with dmg and how to stay alive. Every class have heals, every class can dodge. Ppl said that melee dies all the time. Why? Because this is not WoW, no Rift. You are not tank, you dont have healer on your back keeping you alive. There are some classes, which are "better" for tanking, for example guardians, but not that much. Ppl forgot to dodge, use heals, go out from AoE. I remember one fight. It was event, when we had to kill shaman, who makes some ritual stuff. It was In Norn starting location, around 13-15 lvl (that is information for guys who complains, that they didnt find any of this event, humans had their shadow collosus and In second location for Norn, there were big wurm stuff) Back to fight. Lots of pplstart to charging and dont bother to dodge his AoEs, his Attacks . There were lots of dead ppl. I have some problems too. Cant master rogue skills in few hours. But With my sword, I can shadowstep to him and with same button shadowstep back. Attack which gets me to his back, stealth. With this, I can make serious dmg as melee and didnt get so much harm. And All the time I can easily switch pistol/pistol and made some matrix style dmg. But If you look good enough, you can see that melee dmg is bigger than ranged so this is balance. As melee you have to focus more, but you can do little more dmg than ranged.
    One big disaster is mobs aggroing and events with massive waves of mobs. Their aggro zone is huge and If you get focused by 3-4 mobs, you die. And here we gets to down state and rally. In PvP its fun, in normal PvE it's usefull. In events with lots of mobs around its nightmare. I get "killed" and I rally and dont even have time to use heal or dodge, I was down again, and three times more like this. It's to bad only 15% hp when you get up. But sometimes, It saves my butt.
    Scaling events are bad. When are there only few ppl, you can't win. When there are lots of ppl. You barrely have someone to kill.

PvP is fun. I don't have some special opinion about that. I enjoy it and din't find some bad issues.

Well, for this time this is my short preview. There are stuff which ArenaNet have to fix it, to change it. But they mde huge step forward and we all hope they will try to finish it in right way.

P.S. sorry for spelling or some mistakes, I'm not native english speaking man.

Have fun

Didn't you read my comments on all the other impression topics around here? It doesn't need a new topic.