Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    To be honest. 9 seconds seems op... but just one additional second is too weak also. +2 seconds would be ok.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Priest / Warlock fear says hello.

AOE fear for 8 seconds = fine
    9 second single target stun = OMG SO UNBALANCED!

Please. That is absurd.
    There's a lot more ways to break a fear than a stun. It's dispellable for one, can be removed by lichborne/WotF/enrage/tremor totem, it also can fail to be applied on a target that is enraged, has AMS up, can be reflected (warlock), has reduced duration on mage armour-like effects, not to mention it breaks itself from damage.
    Cheap shot requires a minor CD from DKs, a blink from a mage, or using an actual pvp trinket to break.
    A stun is infinitely better than a fear

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but it's been stated over and over PVP duration for every type of CC/snare/slow is capped at 8 seconds.

With that said, 8 second Cheap Shot + 3 second Kidney Shot = 11 seconds, which is roughly what it was pre-cata anyways. I don't see the problem. Damage is getting lowered across the board, Rogue has to be able to apply pressure through some method.

Please. That is absurd.
    Hard to believe you have that many achievement points and don't understand how diff a stun is as compared to a fear.

Seriously.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but it's been stated over and over PVP duration for every type of CC/snare/slow is capped at 8 seconds.

With that said, 8 second Cheap Shot + 3 second Kidney Shot = 11 seconds, which is roughly what it was pre-cata anyways. I don't see the problem. Damage is getting lowered across the board, Rogue has to be able to apply pressure through some method.
    Youre making it sound like theyre slowing down pvp overall, which is boring. Really hope they dont goes in that direction because i really enjoy those fast pace matches / bg.

rogues defending the 9 second stun coz it's the "same as fear."
    I lol.

yup confirmed its 9 sec. i just got killed by a 9 sec cheapshot

Question whatever you take for granted.

Diminishing returns?

I am thinking about it. And I don't really see any major difference if I'm feared for 8 seconds or stunned for 8 seconds (See post above this.) Especially since fear effects multiple targets, I don't see how this is unbalanced in comparison.
    Okay, give Warlocks and Priests Gouge, Blind, Crippling Poison and Blind as well then please.

Priests have the 8 second aoe fear. Unless that priest is Shadow or is a pvp'er healer who knows their stuff, that fear won't even land a substantial amount of the time. It's also important to note that Cheap Shot will never ever ever ever break on damage while fear will frequently break long before the full 8 second duration runs out and can even be a double bladed sword at times; namely when a target runs out of LoS or out of range while you get mezzed or snared yourself to do anything to your main target.

Warlocks fear - if they talent / glyph it or whatever, I'm not 100%, is instant yes.. Most of the time I see it as a cast. It also lasts 6 seconds, not 8.

Moreover, these abilities are examples of the only defence / utility spells they have available to them to survive in PvP.

This is (or was) a thread about Cheap Shot apparently looking like it might last for 9 seconds; you seem to want to turn it into some kind of 'but we're not as bad as class x' - if you are seriously trying to say that as a Rogue, Warlocks are worse then as a Rogue to a fellow one, I suggest you uninstall WoW and stop the subscription before you give the rest of us a bad name. (;
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

"Okay, give Warlocks and Priests Gouge, Blind, Crippling Poison and Blind as well then please. "

What? You mean stuff like shadowflame, hand of guldan, pet charge stun, cripple, psychic horror, mind flay, whatever that "feared if you dispel" thing is, etc. Stop acting like other classes have nothing themselves.

I am thinking about it. And I don't really see any major difference if I'm feared for 8 seconds or stunned for 8 seconds (See post above this.) Especially since fear effects multiple targets, I don't see how this is unbalanced in comparison.

stun doesn't break on damage, fear does

Deleted
    It's fun how some of u compare a stun to a fear...
    Anyway, we will have to wait and see how things go live, cause in beta things change (or not) on a weekly basis. But assuming it's idd 9 secs and not the 4+1, then anyone claiming it's normal are either unskilled rogues or just delusional players that have no idea how to play this game.
    Rogues have been great at pvp due to their mechanics, to the point where the gap to most other classes is just too big atm. And u think improving the effectiveness of those mechanics is good? Well, maybe if u a rogue with no sense of pride or just too bad, that u need all the help in the world so u can kill some people in bg's from time to time.
    I'm all about improving and making classes fun to play, but u can't unbalance stuff even more when most problems atm in pvp are driven from lack of balance.

Please. That is absurd.
    ...Fear also breaks after like 1 hit?

When stuns do that, get back to me.

Most likely the glyph won't work in PvP.

Please. That is absurd.
    you must be joking. go play an enhancement shaman and say that

"Quick, give Rogues a long stun, It'll take their minds off the real problems, eventually well nerf the stun and everyone will think we are heroes"

Deleted
    Some guys from the US rogue forums report that CS is actually 9 seconds even on players.

So with Shadowdance and stuff a person can be stunned for over 15 seconds (without trinket).

Deleted
    If you look above someone alreay stated its 9 seconds and i can back that up too.

As a person who plays a rogue as a main, this is stupidly overpowered and will be nerfed.

Persuming trinket is down...cheapshot 9 seconds, shadow dance/vanish - cheap shot 4.5 secs, kidney shot - 2 secs = 15.5 second stunlock

*tip* don't dual shadowpriests currently, their tendril is friendly and cant be targeted, so 15 second root (unless trinket)
    Last edited by mmoc40e5a9c261; 2012-05-02 at 05:45 AM.

Please. That is absurd.
    Fear breaks in what 20k damage and there are many ways to break it. You really think a 9 sec cheap shot would be fair? You are clearly delusional.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    yup confirmed its 9 sec. i just got killed by a 9 sec cheapshot
    So it really is 9sec?
    When I saw this I was sure it meant that instead of 4sec it is a 5sec stun but you have seen this in beta?

i hope for a nerf. I couldn't stand the QQ if this goes on live.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.