Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is there anyone who loves MoP?

I can't think of an expac that has more people consistently upset and un-pumped, well...ever.

Normally with WoW everyone seems stoked before an expac drops, and then the dissapointment sets in (or people love it, either way).

This is kind of a weird, dark time it seems. If online opinion is right it seems like everyone is locked into an annual pass and no one likes at all what they're seeing in MoP.

WoW fans have always been an unhappy disgruntled bunch but this seems unprecedented.

I'm completely excited for it. 16 raid bosses, Pet battles, fixing some things with Arch, new zone, new race, new class that looks awesome, new art style. I'm very excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aparently you haven't read many threads on here, there's many people that love MoP! Me included! By experiencing the Beta thus far, I'm enjoying it! Even with little content released =] By my views, just my opinion, I think this will be my favorite expansion if all pans out well in the end! =p
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Actually, as of a couple months back the attitude is changing, with the multitudes of information available as well as beta access. I used to be one of those that hated it, now that im in the beta and with all this extra info people are actually getting excited about it, the qq is not as bad as it was right after blizzcon when mop was announced. Personally I reckon its turning out to be really good.

We just have an influx of complainers. Its the thing to do at this moment because people think the beta is how live will be. Usually we do not have this many people in the beta.

I forgot to add that I do love MoP, and with stuff like GW2 and D3 I'm going to let WoW be my "vacation" game, where I relax on a beautiful island and do relaxing, casual stuff like catch pets and work on my farm. I'm not even joking. I think Blizz figured out a unique niche they can occupy with their game and are running with it.

I'm also interested in progressing through challenge modes and new raids when I get the itch to do that as well.

Pretty sure at least 80-90% of the feedback has been great, beside the OMG BETA IS NOT PLAYABLE complaints its been nothing but praise for the expansion. I've been seeing droves of people that have quit the game taking a 2nd look at what beta has been showing and deciding they would like to come back and see.

I'm personally excited for the progressive storyline changes to Pandaria over the course of this expansion. That and having cock fight style pet battles during raids!

With all the class changes and design of the new zones and all the other features, this could be one of the best expansions to date. Everything looks amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

And that's because the game isn't even out yet. Or even done with beta testing for that matter. No sense in judging an unfinished product.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

I've been excited for it from the moment it was announced, and increasingly so with beta access!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh to me, It's just another expansion full of tweaks then again I've been playing for 7 years mind you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grongo2 View Post
    I can't think of an expac that has more people consistently upset and un-pumped, well...ever.

Normally with WoW everyone seems stoked before an expac drops, and then the dissapointment sets in (or people love it, either way).

This is kind of a weird, dark time it seems. If online opinion is right it seems like everyone is locked into an annual pass and no one likes at all what they're seeing in MoP.

WoW fans have always been an unhappy disgruntled bunch but this seems unprecedented.
    Don't see where you're getting that opinion from. Some people don't like it, but from what I see most people either don't mind it, or like what they're seeing so far.

I can't think of an expac that has more people consistently upset and un-pumped
    I can think of 3

The only major wave of complaining happened right after Blizzcon. Lately I haven't seen much complaining at all, really; just people beta testing and figuring out new talents or play-styles.

I stay away from the official Blizzard forums for the most part, but over here the general consensus about MoP is not more negative than otherwise, as you seem to be implying. People are bored with Cata, so that's a "dark time" as you put it, but I have seen nothing to indicate people leaving in droves.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

I'm upset that I'm locked into an Annual Pass, but that's because I hate Cataclysm. In my opinion Mists of Pandaria looks like it has the potential to be the best expansion WoW has ever seen.

So, yes. There is someone who loves MoP.

This sounds more like confirmation bias to me.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This expansion is great looking and feeling and there's more on the horizon to look forward to (new player models, etc). It feels different from previous ones, but it's a good thing, not a bad one. People are still upset about "pandas" I suppose; they should get over it

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Usually we do not have this many people in the beta.
    Or this early in the beta.

Sure, the game is far from finished in it's current beta stage. But that's why I love being in the betas. I get to follow the process that makes the game what it is.

I don't feel "locked into an annual pass". I would have kept my subscription active anyway.
    And I really do like most of what I see in the beta.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Only in love with the new talent. The rest is fucking trash IMHO.

Im happier with MoP than I have ever been about any video game.

People can say what they want, but MoP is a HUGE step up in terms of general game design.