10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Chernobyl Diaries

what you guys thing of this movie so far? i hope it isnt a let down like the Paranormal Activities movies were. I'm pretty fascinated in the whole Chernobyl thing though so i think i will like it :P

15+ Year Old Account
    A rental at most. The Chernobyl thing is interesting, but this is not the way to tell a story about it, imo.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im fascinated by the Chernobyl incident and nuclear power in general, it leads me to wonder, did they really go there to film the movie, it would have been dangerous for the actors health to stay there for some time (assuming filming a scene takes several hours). Gonna rent the movie for sure though,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaffleSpike View Post
    Im fascinated by the Chernobyl incident and nuclear power in general, it leads me to wonder, did they really go there to film the movie, it would have been dangerous for the actors health to stay there for some time (assuming filming a scene takes several hours). Gonna rent the movie for sure though,
    I was also wondering this, would be tough to make a set like it though.

Deleted
    Im like 110% sure they didn´t actually film there. They might have used short bits actually filmed there from a helicopter or something, but there´s no way the entire cast was there because that shit´s dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some very underrated documentaries about the area that will be hard to beat even with fiction. As soon as I remember the name of one I saw, I will be sure to post it. I know it's off-topic, but sometimes I think reality is interesting enough by itself, and Chernobyl is a great case of such. The event and the aftermath were pretty riveting to begin with.

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks like the Hills Have Eyes but set at Chernobyl from the preview plus it looks like it is filmed shaky cam style and so help me god if it is another found footage movie I will snap. I have no plans to see it because it looks remarkably uninteresting. A group of people get themselves stuck in a scary situation? Gee where have I seen that movie before. And based on the writer's past credits, I have no idea how this is even a theater release and not a direct to Netflix streaming movie. It is from the same people who wrote Paranormal Entity (Para Activity ripoff), Titanic 2, and Tansmorphers and the guy responsible for Para Activity and the amazing television show the River.

Sadly this movie will still make more money opening weekend than Cabin in the Woods did despite it being awful although MIB3 is coming out that weekend and should thoroughly drain the money from the idiot crowd.

Also, looking forward to the day some hack European movie writers make a movie about 9/11 or some other American tragedy and write a terrible horror movie around it. I truly am sorry we are making a movie like this featuring what I assume are going to be radiation mutants based on a real life tragedy that killed thousands, displaced millions, and will have untold impact on those exposed for decades to come.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-05-03 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it looks awful I’m not much into the genre either.