Deleted

[Books] Depression After Reading Elfen Lied

rgdfsadadsaadsad neckbeard
    Last edited by mmoc514be02116; 2015-08-08 at 08:50 PM.

As someone who has suffered from a depression for years, let me just say that what you are experiencing is NOT a depression. Don't even start to think that. That'd be insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfmagesffs View Post
    So, I watched the anime in 4 hours last Sunday, but felt like the end was too cheesy... So I read the whole anime in a few hours yesterday, and for those who read it: When Lucy says 'Goodbye... I had fun' I felt like I was going to throw up, for feeling so empty and sad. When the anime ended, I was for the first time in my life crying over a movie, and I thought it was a sad, but happy ending, then I read the anime, and I was just shocked, and had to lay in bed for an hour or so.
    I was unable to sleep last night, and I have been depressed, thinking about the story non-stop, and can't help reading some chapters again, and watching some Elfen Lied AMV's.

Have anybody who read Elfen Lied (or similar stories) experienced something like this? I am emotional wreck right now, don't know if I am able to go to work tomorrow
    Go outside and talk to a real person. You'll feel a lot better.

(Not trolling, I know the feeling.)

So, I watched the anime in 4 hours last Sunday, but felt like the end was too cheesy... So I read the whole anime in a few hours yesterday, and for those who read it: When Lucy says 'Goodbye... I had fun' I felt like I was going to throw up, for feeling so empty and sad. When the anime ended, I was for the first time in my life crying over a movie, and I thought it was a sad, but happy ending, then I read the anime, and I was just shocked, and had to lay in bed for an hour or so.
    I was unable to sleep last night, and I have been depressed, thinking about the story non-stop, and can't help reading some chapters again, and watching some Elfen Lied AMV's.

Have anybody who read Elfen Lied (or similar stories) experienced something like this? I am emotional wreck right now, don't know if I am able to go to work tomorrow
    as someone who read it few years ago and then again few months ago it was such a messed up ending

Deleted
    Alright, maybe it is not a depression!
    Of course I have been talking to people today :P But as soon as I got home and got alone again, I was just have the feeling of sadness and being empty again

Deleted

I get that feeling too after watching/reading movies/animes/books that have me drawn into the plot and have a sad ending, or even a happy ending can do this. I guess it's some kind of feeling I get when something is over and I don't know what to do with myself.
    I catch myself watching related media and seeing what other people have to say about the subject, since I just can't get over the fact that this movie/anime/book doesn't have more to offer me (in terms of continuation of the story).
    Usually I get over myself after some time .

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the feeling man.. when I was about 15/16 and first read 'the Amber Spyglass' (last book in his dark Material's) I was SERIOUSLY bummed out for about two or three days after. I wouldn't call it depression, but it sure was one hell of a funk I was in.

I was pretty close when I read the end of Elfen Lied, was pretty freakin sad.

There's very little you can do, except watch some mindless comedy and try to get past it
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    As someone who has suffered from a depression for years, let me just say that what you are experiencing is NOT a depression. Don't even start to think that. That'd be insulting.
    There's a difference between suffering from clinical depression and being depressed. He could very well be depressed, it doesn't take much for some people. It'd be insulting suggest you have a monopoly on emotional instability.

I recommend Saikano as a cure for the OP's feelings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    There's a difference between suffering from clinical depression and being depressed. He could very well be depressed, it doesn't take much for some people. It'd be insulting suggest you have a monopoly on emotional instability.

I recommend Saikano as a cure for the OP's feelings.
    Thanks man, it cured it more or less.. not because Saikano was any good, but it made Elfen Lied less sad in comparison (Saikano sucks badly imo)

Deleted
    I didn't really experience anything with Elfen Lied. If you've only just watched/read it, I can only assume you're somewhat new to Anime/Manga since it's one of those "Go to" sort of things. If so, go watch Clannad if you havn't already. That will make you want to curl up into a ball and cry like a baby if Elfen Lied made you feel sad.

The VN has the same effect. It's pretty long though, probably over 80 hours or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khargillian View Post
    I didn't really experience anything with Elfen Lied. If you've only just watched/read it, I can only assume you're somewhat new to Anime/Manga since it's one of those "Go to" sort of things. If so, go watch Clannad if you havn't already. That will make you want to curl up into a ball and cry like a baby if Elfen Lied made you feel sad.

The VN has the same effect. It's pretty long though, probably over 80 hours or so.
    I'll definitely second this, the anime and VN especially are some of the saddest things I've ever seen. Christ, I'm a sucker for catharsis. <.<

100% for 5 days i was crying it wasnt something i had control over

Necroing isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Closing this.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-12-23 at 04:24 PM.