Poll: Which class do you think will get the biggest pvp upgrade in MoP?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Shamans are gonna get a ton of nice things. >_>

Dunno why people voted Hunter, having no minimum firing range is already in place for every other class - this isn't a new thing. If lets say you were to let a frost mage or shadowpriest to freecast, they'll do significantly more than the hunter anyway. Some self-healing and pet abilities don't make it ground-breaking either since those things aren't unique - lots of specs are getting similar treatment.

I'm hoping us Rogues get upgraded...Lord knows we need it, we suck so bad in PvP right now on live, it's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto Druids and maybe Locks
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by scrumhalf9 View Post
    warriors. already have the dmg, now they will get the mobility

sidenote.. i hope the changes to arcane does not make them the glass cannon they use to be..
    Um, unless you have HC Gurth as a Warrior you do the lowest damage in terms of any other melee class in PVP.

Deleted
    Hunter self heal is actually over the top i think

Hunters, because they have, by far, the most room for improvement
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    Hunters for sho

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    Classes I think need a pvp bump are warriors, resto/balance druids, ret pallies, and warlocks. It looks to me like Blizzard is addressing the areas of weakness for all these classes tho.
    agree with everything except ret pallies lol

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I think the class that will get the biggest upgrade will be Death Knights, just by looking at their talent tree. Gorefiends Grasp looks very nice, makes it near impossible for ranged classes to escape, it's like an AoE Deathgrip. Another thing is Icy Grip, which is Chains of Ice, and Deathgrip fused together, and also reduces the cd of Deathgrip by 15 seconds. Death's Advance would also make them hard to slow down since they couldn't go below 75% movement speed. Remorseless Winter also adds another cc when its duration reaches the maximum, a 6 second stun. Asphyxiate replaces Strangulate if chosen, and acts as a 5 second stun. I just really see positive things for DK's looking at their tree.
    I'm not optimistic at all, simply because I feel like I'm losing as much as I'm gaining.

I don't see anyone taking Gorefiend's Grasp over an AoE snare/stun or a second trinket with 8s persistence.

Icy Grip is gone. The reduced cooldown on Death Grip is baseline now thankfully, so Frost isn't losing Lichborne unless they want AMZ instead. Unholy IS still losing one of those because they currently have both and will no longer be able to. I don't really see anyone taking Purgatory for PVP purposes.

Death's Advance is fantastic, especially the newest iteration. The problem is that Frost is giving up Chilblains to get it. No more almost-free AoE snare. No snare at all unless you use a rune on CoI. Depending on your comp you might not be able to give Chilblains up, and then you're stuck with Frost's terrible mobility for another expansion. I don't see anyone taking Asphyxiate for PVP over the alternatives.

Then I look at the other little things like Necrotic Strike costing a Death rune instead of the otherwise-weakest Unholy runes, along with our time-delay Execute that wastes the rune if the target gets healed up, and I look at what all the healers are getting, and I don't feel like I'm going to be any more threatening than I am right now. But we'll see when the numbers start getting tweaked.

We should be thanking our two captains for pointing out the obvious, an upgrade doesn't mean going good from good.
    However the small but important part is that warlocks are going to get very good from the good situation they are in. Stop racing to be obvious.

(For the ones claiming warlocks aren't good because of 1vs1 situations; warlocks are being called good because they become too strong with a healer or even stronger than that with a rshaman but the relatively bad 1vs1 situation "balances" it around good.)

LOL @ people with no clue picking warlocks.

Pallies, Warriors, Shamans, Druids, DKs, Rogues are all getting some really nice things.

Voted shaman. If a non healer shaman is able to be competitive in rated pvp next season, thats a pretty big improvement.

Hunters will be monsters against anything except rogue/druid (dodge dodge dodge lol cant regen focus)

Jumping the gun much?

Sure, class X might be getting new tool Y which might make a huge difference to how they played in Cata. Then take into account that class Z might get an already existing ho-hum skill or ability or damage-dealing or healing or CC spell made a ton more powerful with just a subtle shift of damage coefficients late in beta or right before MoP goes live. Now class X getting tool Y no longer seems like a huge upgrade, since they have much more of a threat to deal with from class Z.

Sure it's nice to salivate and speculate over the new talent trees. I personally love how they're doing them - but not a single one of us has a clue as to how the balancing act will work out in the first season of MoP. My guess is all specs will be within about 10-15% power/threat/burst of each other to start with, some specs will be S.O.L. for the first arena season and then halfway through that they'll have figured some stuff out and get it to within 5-10% like it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters, warriors and resto druids imo.

whoever said rogues are looking good made me giggle. ^^

warlocks are already strong in pvp but i'm predicting they'll be the fotm. they look ridic on beta atm. >

feral state at the moment makes me really nervous.. thank god they changed detox but there are other probs.. meh its early

mages and rogues get my vote to fall from grace.

Deleted
    I chose Hunter for 1 reason, and 1 reason only, survivabillity O_O They WILL Not be able to get killed when played properly, ever.

Now we have to wait and see for the DMG output, but I doubt it will be low

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    Classes I think need a pvp bump are warriors, resto/balance druids, ret pallies, and warlocks. It looks to me like Blizzard is addressing the areas of weakness for all these classes tho.
    lol ret pallies/warlock.

Question whatever you take for granted.

10+ Year Old Account
    GoGo Hunters!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstrevorson414 View Post
    Removing minimum range for hunters is by far the biggest pvp upgrade, it removes our biggest handicap. Now if only we could shoot through those dalaran sewers boxes...
    Hunters are arguably overpowered on live right now, it just requires a good player to make use of their many abilities. Removal of the deadzone is a good idea, because that deadzone has been the reason Hunters keep getting more and more control tools - because if you can get inside that zone and stay inside it for an appreciable amount of time, the Hunter's basically reduced to autoswings and pet attacks.

I dunno. I'm hoping that the changes in MoP will open up the way for hunters to be properly tuned now, because right now they're dogshit in the hands of a merely average player and pretty much overpowered in the hands of a good player.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping it's either hunter or paladin, my two mains!
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!